Reload this Page >

Honesty is the best policy

Honesty is the best policy

Old Feb 29th 2012, 12:38 am
Just Joined

LaCienega is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Honesty is the best policy

Originally Posted by Aviator
Which is largely what happens on here. Some come on like you who have met problems and are disillusioned, some don't do enough research, others have misfortune or unforeseeable circumstances, some bring it on themselves. Pretty much anything that can happen, happens to somebody. Others get given good information, think they know best (some never having been to Canada) then get a reality check.

Then there are others who have persevered, done well and are satisfied with their lot, despite a few ups and downs and even some who do well from the start. A lot is about attitude.

This is an open forum where anyone can post views, I would certainly not have depended on it to make a moving decision, but it is good to see others views and take it for what it is.
i must agree to disagree with the city and guilds person......i relocated end of Oct 2008 from London, and i cant stress enough my achievements over this 3yr period. My challenges were being a single parent with 2 small kids, not having any family here, working and schooling fulltime--but av managed to buy ahouse in Vancouver, BC among a few. These are achievements I couldnt pull through in the UK, even though I was born and bred there. in terms of my career too by God's grace am flourishing, and i agree that with continuous determination and perseverance I will continue to achieve greatness and amass prosperity.
Old Feb 29th 2012, 1:02 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Honesty is the best policy

Originally Posted by Toleero84
Well personally I know around 10 people who have recently moved here, and plenty of other expats that I've met since I've moved (I'd say around 20) and none of them post on here, and they're all happy...
How do you know they don't post here? Perhaps one, or many, of them is ultrarunner. That's not something you'd admit in real life.