Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Hello Im new/anyone in Edmonton?

Hello Im new/anyone in Edmonton?

Old Aug 2nd 2006, 10:58 am
Forum Regular

ralstne has a brilliant futureralstne has a brilliant futureralstne has a brilliant futureralstne has a brilliant futureralstne has a brilliant futureralstne has a brilliant futureralstne has a brilliant future
Default Re: Hello Im new/anyone in Edmonton?

No worries, all prepared for the weather....been watching the Weather Network like a hawk for the last week so we know what to wear for the trip! Seriously dreading the goodbyes, we'd planned to say goodbye at home and get a taxi to the airport but what with having a dog crate and some rather large suitcases it seemed easier to let the folks take us. That seems to have escalated into a full on family gathering (thats both of our families!!) so all in all I'm prepared for a pretty emotional morning. We'll definately let you know how it all goes just as soon as we're all hooked up in the new house. Speak to you soon!
Old Aug 2nd 2006, 11:16 am
sticky beaking

R2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ralstne
No worries, all prepared for the weather....been watching the Weather Network like a hawk for the last week so we know what to wear for the trip! Seriously dreading the goodbyes, we'd planned to say goodbye at home and get a taxi to the airport but what with having a dog crate and some rather large suitcases it seemed easier to let the folks take us. That seems to have escalated into a full on family gathering (thats both of our families!!) so all in all I'm prepared for a pretty emotional morning. We'll definately let you know how it all goes just as soon as we're all hooked up in the new house. Speak to you soon!
Sounds good..............although hadn't you better get some sleep now !
Old Aug 2nd 2006, 11:19 am
sticky beaking

R2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by dogboy
Great to see that there's lots of us UK boys and girls invading Edmonton. The lady and I have been here for a few months now and have started to settle in nicely. It'd be good if there is a big meet up for all us new Edmontonians and it's something that my other half would definately be interested in - she's already joined the 'newcomers to Edmonton' group which is full of nice n' friendly folk from all over the place.
You know what, we definately should. Maybe into next month, when we have sent our visitors back to the UK and give the newcomers time to settle in.
Watch this space. I'm Mrs organised, so I'll bring it up in a while and see who's up for it.
Old Aug 2nd 2006, 2:28 pm
Forum Regular

dogboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by R2D2
You know what, we definately should. Maybe into next month, when we have sent our visitors back to the UK and give the newcomers time to settle in.
Watch this space. I'm Mrs organised, so I'll bring it up in a while and see who's up for it.
Good call. Thanx for being Mrs Organised!
Old Aug 2nd 2006, 3:32 pm
sticky beaking

Originally Posted by dogboy
Good call. Thanx for being Mrs Organised!
Its a burden I have learnt to live with over the yrs . <said tongue very firmly in cheek>
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 5:13 am
Forum Regular

ClareEdm is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Ki ! and everyone

Its nice to hear of fellow brits coming to Edmonton
I've only been here a short time and am still getting used to my new surroundings

it was really nice to meet up with some friendly brits (R2D2 and Linda)
we shall have to do it again!
so come along more the merrier

Clare
Old Aug 4th 2006, 3:01 am
Bright light!!

Tiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ClareEdm
Hi Ki ! and everyone

Its nice to hear of fellow brits coming to Edmonton
I've only been here a short time and am still getting used to my new surroundings

it was really nice to meet up with some friendly brits (R2D2 and Linda)
we shall have to do it again!
so come along more the merrier

Clare
Cool, thanks We're hoping by early November so just in time for the chill (eeek!!) - nevermind I have my thermals and woollens all sorted and hubby looks a treat in his LMAO!!

Looking forward to coming out but nervous as heck too - just spent a few days with my family and i'm like waaaaaa already hehe
Old Aug 4th 2006, 3:15 am
Forum Regular

ClareEdm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ki76
Cool, thanks We're hoping by early November so just in time for the chill (eeek!!) - nevermind I have my thermals and woollens all sorted and hubby looks a treat in his LMAO!!

Looking forward to coming out but nervous as heck too - just spent a few days with my family and i'm like waaaaaa already hehe
those thermals are pretty sexy arent they LOL

Are you going to be working here or does hubby have a job to go to already?
I wont be allowed to work until i get my PR card and security pin but in the meantime im trying to keep my little son amused through the school holidays

last winter i was here and it was on record a mild one and the first time i stepped outside at minus 20 it took my breath away my fiancee(who is originally from Canada )
thought it amusing and said wait til the real winter comes :scared:

so i guess i havent experienced a "real" canadian winter yet either
Old Aug 4th 2006, 8:00 am
Bright light!!

Tiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ClareEdm
those thermals are pretty sexy arent they LOL

Are you going to be working here or does hubby have a job to go to already?
I wont be allowed to work until i get my PR card and security pin but in the meantime im trying to keep my little son amused through the school holidays

last winter i was here and it was on record a mild one and the first time i stepped outside at minus 20 it took my breath away my fiancee(who is originally from Canada )
thought it amusing and said wait til the real winter comes :scared:

so i guess i havent experienced a "real" canadian winter yet either
LOL, nope...we got a record mild one in Feb when we visited too!! But damn those thermals are just sooooooo sexy.... not!!

Hubbs has a job to go to and I can work too so that's great but won't be doing so for a few weeks - i'm designated settler inner lol - although it will allow perfect time for meet ups