gutted!

Old Jan 13th 2010, 10:39 am
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: gutted!

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
I was actually thinking of the Mum applying on her own, as the OH can apply under the skilled worker route.
oh ok, with you OP mum is 57 so already at the age limit, not sure how they apply is re is at the time of application or the time PNP nomination granted??? think it may be at time of application, Not Sure if OP had considered NS?

Also not sure if CIS lends itself to what would be a single PA, it would be an unusual application for this route I think, and they are getting stricter I believe, but nothing ventured nothing gained for the OP

Good luck
Old Jan 13th 2010, 12:41 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lulublu
hi
thanks for all ur posts, generally very helpfull.

I have my reasons for taking my mum with me. me and my mum are the only family either of us have, it is both of our dream to live in canada and also the job that i do would require me to work shift pattern and to be honest im not sure i would feel comfortable leaving my daughter with someone overnight while i worked. i
http://www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/work/caregiver/index.asp

worth looking into?
Old Jan 13th 2010, 12:44 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
Definitely worth a look by the OP. Her mum would need childcare qualifications and/or at least one years full-time paid childcare work to qualify though, hence my questions about this in her other thread. She didn't respond to those questions, so I'm assuming she doesn't have the experience/qualifications.

But if she has then that would be great so

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jan 13th 2010 at 12:48 pm.
Old Jan 13th 2010, 12:48 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nikki dreaming
oh ok, with you OP mum is 57 so already at the age limit, not sure how they apply is re is at the time of application or the time PNP nomination granted??? think it may be at time of application, Not Sure if OP had considered NS?
Isn't the upper age limit 55? Could be completely wrong though, but from memory I thought it was.

Edit: just double checked, and to be eligible for NS CIS you have to be between the ages of 21 and 55, so that's not an option either unfortunately.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jan 13th 2010 at 12:50 pm.
Old Jan 13th 2010, 1:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Isn't the upper age limit 55? Could be completely wrong though, but from memory I thought it was.

Edit: just double checked, and to be eligible for NS CIS you have to be between the ages of 21 and 55, so that's not an option either unfortunately.
Hi
Do you know of a good site about CIS in NS? I've been looking on the internet but so far no good...
Old Jan 13th 2010, 5:54 pm
Just Joined

lulublu is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Madwife
Hmm What about the little ones Father... My childcare for my son for the next few years will be visiting Family and friends etc interspersed with my son flying back to the UK to see his Father for weeks if not a month at a time.

I wont need day to day childcare, just someone around to be there at night time if I am called out, to get him up for school etc. make sure he has some breakfast. All my appointments other than that can fit into school time or during holiday activities etc.

What about Gran taking the little one back to blighty every so often to see Dad etc for a month or so and then Gran has to bring her back again. I am sure child care could be sorted out at other times from a more sustainable source.
Just an idea! I would never let child care stop me from emigrating, as has been said you can not rely on relatives to always be there unfortunately, whatever country you are in.

Sarah x
hi

thanks i know what u are saying and wish it was as simple as that but not really a viable option. i could not be that far away from my daughter. prob over protective i know, but we been through a lot lately. the father thing is just a none starter. her dad, to cut a long story is not allowed her on his own. i know it seems slighltly mad not emigrating due to childcare but it is a practical long term subject that must be explored for me. we are now looking at the care giver route which i have been told by 2 immigration consultants would be a viable option so fingers crossed! we had been told, also be an immigration consultant that yes the sponsor ship would take several yrs but in that time, mum could stay on temp. six month visa, travel to U.S border every 6 month stay for a bit then come back and the 6 month temp. visa would be reinitiated. i have emailed him with the new info that i have had from here regards this and am currently awaiting a reply from him.

I ma starting to resign my self to life in the UK and as much as i try it is hard to come to terms with. have considered living in EU country but to be honest its nothing something that sits right for me and such a big decision should feel right.

am also waiting to hear from the immigration office of CIC emailed abt a week ago explaing situation and seeing if they could offer light at the end of tunnel.

once again thanks for all ur invaluable advice, and if anyone has any brain waves...let me know! xx
Old Jan 13th 2010, 6:31 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

we had been told, also be an immigration consultant that yes the sponsor ship would take several yrs but in that time, mum could stay on temp. six month visa, travel to U.S border every 6 month stay for a bit then come back and the 6 month temp. visa would be reinitiated.
What he can't guarantee is how often that scenario can be repeated, or indeed if your mother will even be given a full 6mths visa.

The brother of a friend of mine was recently refused re-entry back into Canada (to see his fiancƩe), after performing exactly that same proposal you mention a couple of times. Immigration had had enough of it, as they determined he was treating Canada as his primary home, without any immigrant status. He's now stuck in the UK.
Old Jan 13th 2010, 7:17 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

we are now looking at the care giver route which i have been told by 2 immigration consultants would be a viable option so fingers crossed!
As we know from your previous posts, you've been given misinformation regarding your mother by immigration consultants before, so just to check but she has at least one years full-time paid work experience in childcare, or a childcare qualification (of six months or more duration)?

That's the only way she'd be able to go on the live-in caregiver program, so just wanted to check she's definitely eligible before you get your hopes up again. Also don't forget that you'd have to offer pay to your mother (her pay will be checked to make sure it meets provincial labour standards, although I'm assuming they won't check she's actually received that pay?). And also prove that "there are not enough Canadians or permanent residents available to work as live-in caregivers in Canada".

Here's the link to the CIC info about the live-in caregiver program btw - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/caregiver/index.asp

Fingers very tightly crossed for you.

P.S. Don't expect to hear back from CIC, they rarely respond to emails from people who've actually applied for visas, never mind people who are just sending enquiries! I don't believe they give general immigration advice via email, if you do get a response they'll probably just tell you to look at the CIC website which outlines all of the available visas.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jan 13th 2010 at 7:20 pm.
Old Jan 13th 2010, 10:13 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DandNHill
Hi
Do you know of a good site about CIS in NS? I've been looking on the internet but so far no good...
here is link to nova scotia immigration website lots o f info there aswell as the wiki here on BE. Also if you do a search for CI stream on here you will get lots of hits on this

Hope this helps

http://www.novascotiaimmigration.com...ntified-stream

http://www.novascotiaimmigration.com...Sept._2007.pdf
Old Jan 14th 2010, 6:54 am
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nikki dreaming
here is link to nova scotia immigration website lots o f info there aswell as the wiki here on BE. Also if you do a search for CI stream on here you will get lots of hits on this

Hope this helps

http://www.novascotiaimmigration.com...ntified-stream

http://www.novascotiaimmigration.com...Sept._2007.pdf
Thank you, I shall take a look later. For now I have to get to work
Old Jan 27th 2010, 12:11 am
BE Enthusiast

dgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paperwork
Does your Mum have to go? Can you not organise childcare in Canada? Your Mum could travel over with you, on holiday, for a few mths to help you get settled & then return home & you can start your new life with your child/ren. I don't understand why your plans have to end because your Mum can't emigrate with you?
Sorry is this for real????, maybe her mother is all she has and vice versa, I know we have grown into a society who put themselves in front of their parents, and I'm all right jack to hell with you syndrom, but some of us have sense of responsiblilty to our parents who gave us everything because they wanted too, now we want to do the same fo them. Don't know what age you are, but all I know even though I have a great husband and family, every day I miss my parents and would give anything to have them back. Good on you op for considering your mother, I know she would not want you to give up your chances at a new life (and that is something you will have to decide on) but like you I would not be 100% happy if I thought my mum was on her own and my husband knew that. You really come across selfish paperwork and it makes me wonder what sort of relationship you had with your mother, wonder what you will expect of your kids when your older????
Old Jan 27th 2010, 12:17 am
BE Enthusiast

dgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kiwilass
I can totally understand why the OP wants her mum looking after her kids. Good daycare don't grow on trees.
And the children are with their grandparent/s growing up in a strong family unt, all for that myself
Old Jan 27th 2010, 12:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Paperwork
I understand why the OP's 1st choice would be to have her Mum with her & minding the kids, I just don't understand why it's the only choice iykwim. Her Mum could go out, stay 6mths & help get the OP & her child/ren settled, help choosing good, relaible childcare & then leave & re-visit frequently. Surely it's an option anyway? If the OP really wants to emigrate then there must be an alternative solution somewhere. Where there's a will there's a way & all that.
after reading this I have to apologise, you came across in the first thread a little arrogant sorry, I see you are sensitive to the issue. To me a lot of the kids that have gone by the wayside in GB and other countries is a little bit down to the family breakdown, (just go to the real spanish resorts and you will see 3 generations walking together in the evening, young lads holding their grandmothers elbow while walking it is lovely the respect is obvious and something our young are starting to lose) so any child having their grnadparents look after them surely that might be a sort of insurance for their future stability (this of course is a totally sweeping statement) but i'm sure most people will know what I mean
Old Jan 27th 2010, 12:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Question Re: gutted!

Originally Posted by iaink
One hates to say it, but yes, life goes on. Parents can (and often do) die abruptly with no warning, and then you have to deal with life going on anyway...I wouldnt want to plan my life around the certainty that my parents would be indefinite free childminders.
I don't think its a case of not being able to deal with life going on, its about family, or am I really old fashioned here, I came from a very close family unit even though I came to canada, my mum had a husband and other family at home. I could'nt have left her all alone if it had been different, could you?
and to e honest if it had meant changeing my plans I would have done so, not because she would have wanted it, but i would never have been happy knowing she was on her own, England and Ireland used to have that community spirit, now its dead mores the pity:
Old Jan 27th 2010, 12:46 am
BE Enthusiast

hi
thanks for all ur posts, generally very helpfull.

I have my reasons for taking my mum with me. me and my mum are the only family either of us have, it is both of our dream to live in canada and also the job that i do would require me to work shift pattern and to be honest im not sure i would feel comfortable leaving my daughter with someone overnight while i worked. i dont do it here so therefore wud not feel different over there. i do not have a partner to have moral support from on such a big move and personally wud find it really hard on my own in a strange country so far from what im used on my own with a three year old. my mum took early retirement after advice from immigration agents and it was her wish to be principal childcare while i worked.
for some, maybe leaving parents behind is ok and im not dissing anyone who does but for me i cud not do it.
i have thought out things alongside my mum and were in agreement, all we want is a new start in canada same as anyone else who emigrates. on my visa i wud be able to take my OH but do not have one, i sometimes think wud u really move without ur other half, see not all off us have that luxury.
To those of u who have provided advice ty so much i may well ask for me if i can sort this dilemma out. am awaiting an email form the canadian embassey as we speak..fingers crossesd xx
Thats what I toought and fair play to you, I truley hope it all works out. Sometimes I read these posts and I don't know if people are deliberatly trying to come across as insensitive (sometimes they come across so smug) yet I would love to have been around when they were waiting for their emigration acceptance, ( I remember how excited I was to get accepted i probably bored everyone to tears) how easy we forget the gut wrenching feelings until it came through, (even if we now have lost that and wonder sometimes if we did the right thing, but we'll never admit it) I wish you AND your mother every success ( after all she is human too though sometimes you would'nt think it shame on some of them) hope you make it, and you enjoy it if you do get here. Let me say it is not eutopia and the people (sometimes you own nationality) are the worst .....anyway I really wish you well good lcuk

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.