Reload this Page >

good news re my post yesterday

good news re my post yesterday

Old Sep 4th 2008, 4:14 pm
Forum Regular

snowboarderlaura will become famous soon enough
Default Re: good news re my post yesterday

Originally Posted by Summer-Caitlin
I wasn't going to join in on this thread as I don't have kids. However, I moved to Australia (several times might I add) as a child. The only time I remember having an opinion on this was when I was 8. All I knew was that I definitely did not want to leave the only home I knew and the family and friends I had, I couldn't imagine the possibility of liking any other place!

Several months into our time in Australia, I loved it! But that does not mean I found the adjustment easy, nor did it mean I missed my family and friends any less.

I am agreeing with stepnek on this that I am very surprised that your children who are 3 and 4 would have such a definite opinion on somewhere they don't even know, heck I'm 28 and I change my opinion on possible places to settle almost weekly! I would very much doubt that a court (if it went that far) would take their opinion into account, as it has no merit. I mean it's nice to hear that your children agree with you, but on what basis?

I am not saying that your children won't settle in, they likely will and I agree that it is much easier to do it when they are younger than older. They will start school, make new friends and before long, hopefully love it there.

I just wanted to chime in with my opinion on this.

Best of luck on your chosen path
they are both 2 months off 5 and 6. not sure where you got 3 and 4 from haha :P

We expect that they will be around the same ages as you were when we leave, we want to fit in as many visits as possible with them to ensure that this is the best decision. As Vancouver is the area we are looking at we think this will be after the olympics.

I am hoping that their skiing and ablility to mix with that crowd immensely will be a great way for them to settle in over there.
Old Sep 4th 2008, 4:20 pm
Forum Regular

Summer-Caitlin is just really niceSummer-Caitlin is just really niceSummer-Caitlin is just really niceSummer-Caitlin is just really niceSummer-Caitlin is just really niceSummer-Caitlin is just really niceSummer-Caitlin is just really niceSummer-Caitlin is just really niceSummer-Caitlin is just really niceSummer-Caitlin is just really nice

Sorry I meant to type 4 and 5 At least you will be visiting Canada and the areas you hope to settle in, but try not to get too excited just yet, it might all seem unreal to them at the moment and they are up for it just now. Don't be surprised if closer to the time they start realising all they will be giving up with their friends and school.

I hope that this all works out for you as I know you have their best interests at heart
Old Sep 4th 2008, 4:25 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Summer-Caitlin
Sorry I meant to type 4 and 5 At least you will be visiting Canada and the areas you hope to settle in, but try not to get too excited just yet, it might all seem unreal to them at the moment and they are up for it just now. Don't be surprised if closer to the time they start realising all they will be giving up with their friends and school.

I hope that this all works out for you as I know you have their best interests at heart
thank you caitlin

I really hope so, I'd love to be over there in say 4 years from now...settled and enjoying weekends skiing and snowboarding with them ( I HOPE they are snowboarding by then as we can't have them skiing forever snowboarder joke...we love skiers really...well only when they are flesh and blood!!

I am sure that when we argue in the future about anything they will dig their heels in as my sister did when my parents emigrated! And as we are planning lots of visits I hope that they will love Canada.

We are prepared for tears/doubts/arguements but we wouldn't even consider going if it wasn't right for them
Old Sep 4th 2008, 4:27 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowboarderlaura
thank you caitlin

I really hope so, I'd love to be over there in say 4 years from now...settled and enjoying weekends skiing and snowboarding with them ( I HOPE they are snowboarding by then as we can't have them skiing forever snowboarder joke...we love skiers really...well only when they are flesh and blood!!

I am sure that when we argue in the future about anything they will dig their heels in as my sister did when my parents emigrated! And as we are planning lots of visits I hope that they will love Canada.

We are prepared for tears/doubts/arguements but we wouldn't even consider going if it wasn't right for them
What if they lose interest in snow related sports? How is Canada right for them beyond that?
Old Sep 4th 2008, 4:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dbd33
What if they lose interest in snow related sports? How is Canada right for them beyond that?
do you want to ask that to the thousands of others who see canada as a completely better country to the UK?

This country is a hellhole...its dangerous, its too cramped, and the gang culture scares me so much. I tragically lost a friend this year who was stabbed to death on a night out in our "quiet" town, and he was not a troublesome person. Just a normal guy out on bank holiday with friends. RIP Kevin

If you want I can send the 800 words that I gave to my ex on why we think Canada is a better place to raise the children. It was enough to convince him clearly.

Last edited by snowboarderlaura; Sep 4th 2008 at 4:32 pm. Reason: edited to add!
Old Sep 4th 2008, 4:35 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

do you want to ask that to the thousands of others who see canada as a completely better country to the UK?
Few of them on this board I suspect.

If you want I can send the 800 words that I gave to my ex on why we think Canada is a better place to raise the children. It was enough to convince him clearly.
Sure, please post it.
Old Sep 4th 2008, 4:58 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

snowboarder joke...we love skiers really...
Two plankers, I believe that's what you call them.
Old Sep 4th 2008, 5:04 pm
Part Time Poster

MikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond repute

Don't worry when you get here you'll meet the thousands of others who see the UK as a completely better country to Canada

we call them Canadians many will struggle to understand why you left a country they go on holiday too and they see in a completely different light

http://www.totallyproperty.com/north...canada-uk.html

PS crime is about on par with the UK here, we also have gangs often ethnically divided too, gangs here always have guns, population density in the cities is pretty similar to the UK,

Last edited by MikeUK; Sep 4th 2008 at 5:08 pm.
Old Sep 4th 2008, 6:10 pm

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by MikeUK
Don't worry when you get here you'll meet the thousands of others who see the UK as a completely better country to Canada

we call them Canadians many will struggle to understand why you left a country they go on holiday too and they see in a completely different light

http://www.totallyproperty.com/north...canada-uk.html

PS crime is about on par with the UK here, we also have gangs often ethnically divided too, gangs here always have guns, population density in the cities is pretty similar to the UK,
Mike

We got asked this question when we was over by quiet a few canadians, they don;t understand a mothers reasons sometimes
i really hope that the OP makes it, if she is going down the PR route as we all know, it maybe a very longgggggggggg wait, hopefully her OH has the skills to get in there earlier, but hey if things dont work out, then there is a move back to uk thread for us all
Life is an adventure, but i do agree that having 3 kids, that my 6yr old would move anywhere that mummy did, he is very bright and is alot older in the head, it is only when i speak to my 10yr old that i know what a journey we are on and look at things in a different light, we let her have the input, but i do think that my neally 4yr old is way to young

Old Sep 4th 2008, 6:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

sas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck.

I hope you get what you want which benefits yourself and the kids.

All the best.

Old Sep 4th 2008, 6:55 pm
NEMESIS

dazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not going to respond to the negative on here, i'm way too happy for that.??? quite looking forward to seeing how this thread develops over the weekend now
Make your mind up ? one minute you're sad and seem distressed the next you're happy
Now you're hooked on BE and "cant wait to see" ! Lets face it the world really does revolve around you Miss Drama Queen

Last edited by dazzlerdaz; Sep 4th 2008 at 6:57 pm.
Old Sep 4th 2008, 7:03 pm
Part Time Poster

MikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moondevil
Mike

We got asked this question when we was over by quiet a few canadians, they don;t understand a mothers reasons sometimes
I know all too well, my wife is a Canadian, she wants to move back to the UK, and insist I keep an eye out for any UK vacancies that come up at work
What I find ironic is her reasons…. for the better education, avoid the gangs and better prospects in life….
Just the same reasons so many leave the UK

Me, I don’t think that there is that much difference between either country
Old Sep 4th 2008, 7:09 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by MikeUK
I know all too well, my wife is a Canadian, she wants to move back to the UK, and insist I keep an eye out for any UK vacancies that come up at work
What I find ironic is her reasons…. for the better education, avoid the gangs and better prospects in life….
Just the same reasons so many leave the UK

Me, I don’t think that there is that much difference between either country
My partner would like to move back to the UK for the pubs and for the weather. Go fig, as they say where she came from.
Old Sep 4th 2008, 7:18 pm
Part Time Poster

Originally Posted by dbd33
My partner would like to move back to the UK for the pubs and for the weather. Go fig, as they say where she came from.
yep should have said the weather too

she like's the all year round outdoor life style
Old Sep 4th 2008, 9:22 pm
Forum Regular

janeymay will become famous soon enoughjaneymay will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by dazzlerdaz
Make your mind up ? one minute you're sad and seem distressed the next you're happy
Now you're hooked on BE and "cant wait to see" ! Lets face it the world really does revolve around you Miss Drama Queen

boy you have got it in for her, obviously you are a doting dad and will go to the end of the universe for your kids, but believe you me there are fathers out there that dont deserve to be dads and for what i have read on both posts she has the boys best interest at heart and its not like she is moving tomorrow. In ten and a half years my ex has hardly contributed to my boys who are now 12 and nearly 15, never took them on holiday, never bought them a thing to put on their backs or feet, never wanted school reports etc etc i could go on on.............. so what sort of father is he!!!!!!

Good luck snowboardinglaura hope it works out for you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.