Exchange rate

Old Sep 4th 2008, 12:44 pm

ireland2canada is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Exchange rate

Righteo, never mind.
Got a bit carried away with myself.
This is what happens when you are trying to skive sucessfully in work.
That's good news anyway, the 1.88.
Old Sep 4th 2008, 12:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

chumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond repute

not good news if you are in canada and your income is from uk pounds
or if you are in the process of buying a canadian home in uk pounds etc
the exchange rate has never been so dire well not for years!!!
Old Sep 5th 2008, 1:57 am
Forum Regular

Bonsai will become famous soon enough

I dont know or profess to know much about what influences the rates.

What I can say is that there is real talk of an election here soon and an announcement should be imminent - there is talk of an October date.

It could be that the uncertainty around the Canadian election combined with the state of the pound might be a factor - who knows? - but for those facing the dilemma of when to trade it might just be a factor - I dont know - but I thought that it was worth mentioning for those that are unaware of the Canadian political system.
Old Sep 5th 2008, 2:00 am
BE Forum Addict

geedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond repute

Does it make any difference in Canada who gets in these days? If so, they're unique. I can't see it having any effect on the exchange rate, really.
Old Sep 5th 2008, 2:06 am
Forum Regular

Bonsai will become famous soon enough

Wouldnt know to be honest....polititians eh? the same the world over.

You may well be right...it might have no bearing whatsoever...it just seemed to me that the rapid slide over the last couple of weeks seems to correlate with the talk here on a general election. With the trillions traded daily around the world far be it from me to suggest what might be the cause.
Old Sep 5th 2008, 2:14 am
BE Forum Addict

geedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bonsai
Wouldnt know to be honest....polititians eh? the same the world over.

You may well be right...it might have no bearing whatsoever...it just seemed to me that the rapid slide over the last couple of weeks seems to correlate with the talk here on a general election. With the trillions traded daily around the world far be it from me to suggest what might be the cause.
You might be right, but I think it has more to do with the fragile state of the UK economy coming to light more quickly than expected.

Whatever the reason, it doesn't help us needing to change some to pay municipality tax though!
Old Sep 5th 2008, 4:05 am
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

$1.87 right now, that's the lowest I've seen it in a long while.

http://finance.yahoo.com/currency/co...submit=Convert
Old Sep 8th 2008, 12:24 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute

Still going down

Any sign of a reversal on the cards? I need to change some money over within the next week or so :curse:
Old Sep 8th 2008, 12:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Canada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud of

lets bloody hope so, we will be send over alot in a few weeks, we have already lost about 6k due to the rate dropping, really pissed off :curse:
Old Sep 8th 2008, 1:25 pm
mclauchlan35

mclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of light

Jees it doesn't seem that long since it seemed on it's way up what happened? with the exception of the chancellors doom and gloom speech to make it so bad.
Old Sep 8th 2008, 3:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Canada Dreams
lets bloody hope so, we will be send over alot in a few weeks, we have already lost about 6k due to the rate dropping, really pissed off :curse:
I still have to come up with about 11k welcome tax and municipality tax owed! I've been hanging on for the rate for ages now. I'm seriously thinking of taking up an offer from my bank of a "line of credit" (overdraft) at 4.5% rather than change money in UK savings at such a dismal rate. Any ideas / comments welcome!!
Old Sep 8th 2008, 3:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Southcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by geedee
I still have to come up with about 11k welcome tax and municipality tax owed! I've been hanging on for the rate for ages now. I'm seriously thinking of taking up an offer from my bank of a "line of credit" (overdraft) at 4.5% rather than change money in UK savings at such a dismal rate. Any ideas / comments welcome!!
I'm doing the same - have offered an 'open' mortgage for up to 5 years at 4.1%, so will take that and only change up some money, which I have to do in the next couple of weeks.
Old Sep 8th 2008, 3:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Southcote
I'm doing the same - have offered an 'open' mortgage for up to 5 years at 4.1%, so will take that and only change up some money, which I have to do in the next couple of weeks.
Sounds like a good plan. Our savings are earning more than 4.5% so that should cover the interest. Then pay off the LOC when / if the rate improves.
Old Sep 8th 2008, 7:19 pm
riding the saltchuck

Edna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chumley
not good news if you are in canada and your income is from uk pounds
or if you are in the process of buying a canadian home in uk pounds etc
the exchange rate has never been so dire well not for years!!!
The US government has bailed out Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae to the tune of $200bn which has caused share prices to go up in the UK (and around the world). Let's hope this helps the exchange rate too.
Old Sep 8th 2008, 7:51 pm
NEMESIS

dazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Edna Bucket
Let's hope this helps the exchange rate too.
I`m praying it will

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.