Exchange rate

Old Aug 14th 2008, 12:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Exchange rate

Originally Posted by Loki117
Thats the thing though they dont have to raise rates right now to curb inflation. If they can avert a full blown recession by stimulating the housing market then the rate hike can come at a later date bashing inflation on the head perhaps causing a stagnation when it happens but I am sure even inflation nut King would rather hold rates and glance recession than raise rates and make it a full blown conclusion?
Yes he wants to cut rates, inflation says he needs to raise rates, so he .............. holds rates, like a rabbit caught in the headlights. In fact, the BOE's main purpose is to control inflation, not prop up an artificially high housing bubble, so they should have raised them last time round when they knew inflation was nearing 5% - more than double the supposed max.

But he knows what's going to happen when they raise rates:

POP.
Old Aug 14th 2008, 12:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

cneldred will become famous soon enough

Couldn't have said it better myself....and this is also what is about to happen in the US. They cut rates back down to help housing, fueling inflation further. They have to hike big time.
Old Aug 14th 2008, 1:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

snowboardboy has a spectacular aura aboutsnowboardboy has a spectacular aura aboutsnowboardboy has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by cneldred
Couldn't have said it better myself....and this is also what is about to happen in the US. They cut rates back down to help housing, fueling inflation further. They have to hike big time.

Will end up with more homeless and 272k In july alone foreclosed on causing strain on gov resources requiring more gov spending. What do you do? Perhaps pull out of Iraq OR take over the oil?

Ohh and in a weird twist Fannie Mae had to open 2 new offices to sell off repo property!

Last edited by snowboardboy; Aug 14th 2008 at 1:15 pm.
Old Aug 14th 2008, 1:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond repute

I expect hikes as well. They can't get out of it. The lower cost of oil* will take months to take effect, and that isn't the only reason for the inflation anyway. Meanwhile, BOE, the Fed, and the RBA are all talking about cuts, which are just sweet nothings in the ear of the markets.

That Fannie Mae thing is amusing, Loki.

*Did I say "lower" at $120 BBL??? How quickly we get used to high prices. Just a few months ago it was $80 BBL, and the markets today are still reflecting oil at $100 - the nice little jump to nearly $150 hasn't touched us yet.
Old Aug 14th 2008, 1:58 pm

bazzz is an unknown quantity at this point

Can i add you are either very sad or very frustrated person, i have yet to read a post on BE when you have either helped anyone out or not taken the piss out of someone. Get out more!!!!
Settle down. It's only the internet.
Old Aug 20th 2008, 12:45 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute

1.969 now
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 1:12 am
BE Forum Addict

geedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond repute

Handy tip!

I still need to pay my "welcome tax" (!!!) so need to change about 5k pounds. Last week it was going up steadily, getting 2.05.

Today it's 1.93.... and dropping.

The tip is..... if you see a rate you're comfortable with, and need to change within a certain time, don't be a greedy tw@ like me!

On 5k it's not a huge loss, but 600 bucks would have paid the leccy for a few months!!!

The movements between these two are just incredible......
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 6:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Canada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud of

we are in the same boat, we can send any money over until house goes through, that not until sept (end) so god knows what it will be then :curse:

begining to worry me:curse:
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 8:53 am
Forum Regular

AndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Canada Dreams
we are in the same boat, we can send any money over until house goes through, that not until sept (end) so god knows what it will be then :curse:

begining to worry me:curse:
We are i the same boat we fly October "2nd, I've got no finger nails left after watching the pound tumble this week
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 8:56 am
BE Enthusiast

snowboardboy has a spectacular aura aboutsnowboardboy has a spectacular aura aboutsnowboardboy has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by AndyBCbound
We are i the same boat we fly October "2nd, I've got no finger nails left after watching the pound tumble this week
nothing we can do but watch and hope though hu? Kinda worrying I must admit and its not like im exchanging for a house or anything.
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 9:01 am
Forum Regular

AndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the rough

nothing we can do but watch and hope though hu? Kinda worrying I must admit and its not like im exchanging for a house or anything.
What goes up must come down I just hope the saying goes the other way as well
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 9:04 am
BE Enthusiast

What goes up must come down I just hope the saying goes the other way as well
Damn I hope so it was so hard to see it go from 2.05 to 1.93 while I was trying to get a CAD account open. Got 3 months though so may change!
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 9:08 am
Forum Regular

Damn I hope so it was so hard to see it go from 2.05 to 1.93 while I was trying to get a CAD account open. Got 3 months though so may change!
We opened a HSBC bank account back in May when we were in BC on a recce Unfoutunately haven't deposited a penny into it yet!!!!!!!!
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 9:30 am
BE Enthusiast

We opened a HSBC bank account back in May when we were in BC on a recce Unfoutunately haven't deposited a penny into it yet!!!!!!!!
wish I had done the same they dont seem to understand that the international currency account doesnt need me to be in the country.
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 11:55 am
Forum Regular

wish I had done the same they dont seem to understand that the international currency account doesnt need me to be in the country.
I was wondering actually, when we set up the account they gave us an English GBP account and a Canadian CAD account which run along side one another so i can deposit gbp or cad into them, I have wondered what the exchange rate would be? Do you think it would be the straight Interbanking exchage rate?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.