Wikiposts

Exchange rate

Old May 23rd 2008, 4:07 am
Banned

the big nowhere is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Exchange rate

Originally Posted by manningl
I agree from what I have read from Chris's posts he's a top man and he's from Essex - so all the non believers read something else nobody is forcing you to take what he says on board

Bazzz always seems to be winding somebody up but I do find him funny most of the time...

'the big nowhere' does that mean you're a full time trader or you just managed to make some money luckily? do you have a Job? Everyone loses when trading its part of the game but it doesn't necessarily make you a bad trader. Sometimes good trades lose...

Keep up the good work Chris I for one appreciate your efforts
not a trader......was a director within large construction group....retired back in 2002 when i hit the big 40.........just watch markets when i need to and yes just seem to be LUCKY........which is why you can analyze until the cows come home,but may never get a good forex deal.........happy trading.........
Old May 23rd 2008, 5:26 am
Banned

the big nowhere is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by G586
That was then, this is now and people are looking for an idea of what to do.

You're already in Oz, whose currency has also strengthened over the last few years (so you were indeed lucky), so this doesn't really concern you whereas Chris is both moving his house money across and trading for a living. A whole different ballgame.

I'm sure if he was advising you on how to evade Oz stamp duty, then you would be hanging on his every word.....
hey,we are not in oz....just been offered a few jobs there i we wanted to go back to work.....we are in ontario......so weighing whether we stay or go.......canada is so cheap it would be hard to leave also with proximity of the uk and europe......cheers
Old May 29th 2008, 3:29 am
BE Enthusiast

snowboardboy has a spectacular aura aboutsnowboardboy has a spectacular aura aboutsnowboardboy has a spectacular aura about

Whats going on! 1.94 to the £! Should I hold tight until I need to change up (moving in November) or cut my loss and take a 1.97 futures deal for November? Advice appreciated.
Old May 30th 2008, 12:38 am
Forum Regular

lynpy has a brilliant futurelynpy has a brilliant futurelynpy has a brilliant futurelynpy has a brilliant futurelynpy has a brilliant futurelynpy has a brilliant future

Hi there
I've just sold my house about 6 months quicker than expected so I'm in need of some pretty quick help & advice! I know I should be celebrating but I haven't got time!

I live in France so will have over 100k euros by the end of August. I also have about 30k in UK. Is it better to xchange form euros to $ or first to £'s. May seem stupid question but I haven't a clue if there is an advantage to either.

regards
Lynpy
Old May 30th 2008, 1:19 am
Banned

Surrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynpy
Hi there
I've just sold my house about 6 months quicker than expected so I'm in need of some pretty quick help & advice! I know I should be celebrating but I haven't got time!

I live in France so will have over 100k euros by the end of August. I also have about 30k in UK. Is it better to xchange form euros to $ or first to £'s. May seem stupid question but I haven't a clue if there is an advantage to either.

regards
Lynpy
It is not going to make a whole lot of difference going through £ as you are affected by buy and sell rates and the two are pretty closely tied. Easiest to use an FX house to do the transaction, like any currency exchange there is always the gamble element regardless if what advice you get.
Old May 30th 2008, 1:23 am
Forum Regular

lynpy has a brilliant futurelynpy has a brilliant futurelynpy has a brilliant futurelynpy has a brilliant futurelynpy has a brilliant futurelynpy has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Surrey Expat
It is not going to make a whole lot of difference going through £ as you are affected by buy and sell rates and the two are pretty closely tied. Easiest to use an FX house to do the transaction, like any currency exchange there is always the gamble element regardless if what advice you get.
Thanks for confirming that

I wont worry myself over it - just the rate
Old May 30th 2008, 2:38 am
Banned

Surrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynpy
Thanks for confirming that

I wont worry myself over it - just the rate
Don't worry about the rate, you cannot do anything about it, just set you goal and watch for it. Custom house are a good firm to consider. You can give them a target rate and they will monitor it for you.
Old Jun 6th 2008, 2:16 am
BE Forum Addict

geedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond repute

Come on girl!!! Bash through that 2.00 barrier and I think it will be up and away
Old Jun 6th 2008, 2:32 am
mclauchlan35

mclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of light

I wonder if it is because it looks unlikely that BOE will be reducing rates in the next few months, that has prompted the rise.
Old Jun 6th 2008, 2:35 am
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mclauchlan35
I wonder if it is because it looks unlikely that BOE will be reducing rates in the next few months, that has prompted the rise.
Said on Working Lunch today that it's expected that BOE will raise rates in July to combat inflation
Old Jun 6th 2008, 2:46 am
mclauchlan35

mclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of light

Terrible, one of the reasons inflation is so high is because items like fuel and food are so much more expensive, maybe if they reduced the duty on fuel that would bring down inflation.

Reports also said that the rise in inflation may be temporary and that rates should not be raised when this is the case. The problem is when inflation reduces and they decide to reduce the rates it may be too late to help people who are struggling.:curse:

Although according to Mr Darling the extra revenue is needed to help fill the void that is being left due to the decrease of stamp duty caused by the slump in the housing market. Funny how he never mentions the war in Iraq.
Old Jun 6th 2008, 2:55 am
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mclauchlan35
No, It's the fact that I transfered my money over last week at 1.96
Old Jun 6th 2008, 3:38 am
BE Forum Addict

geedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond repute

It's through.... 2.0069.... even though gold and oil are shooting up

No rhyme nor reason.....
Old Jun 6th 2008, 8:13 am
BE Enthusiast

cneldred will become famous soon enough

US unemployment numbers came out at 1.30pm London Time, they were horrible unemployment rate jumped from 5.1% to 5.5% biggest one month rise since 1986. Whats bad for the US is seen as bad for Canada hence the weakness in CAD$ today.

Add to that the European Central Bank said yesterday they will probably raise rates next month that is making people jump off the BOE rate cut bandwagon.

Chris
Old Jun 6th 2008, 8:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Solarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to behold

Sorry to be smug, but I needed to transfer Canadian dollars to UK pounds to cover my mortgage in the UK and managed to get the transfer through just before the rate bounced up again

I am however genuinely hoping that the rate does turn significantly for all of you guys looking to come over here, plummeting house prices combined with a low rate must be hell. I'm hoping that our plan of keeping our UK property for the long term will pay off and that we will eventually see it return to the value it had a year ago, but I'm suspecting that we may have missed that opportunity.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.