Wikiposts

Exchange rate

Old Jan 17th 2009, 9:23 am
riding the saltchuck

Edna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Exchange rate

Originally Posted by chumley

you get the rate when you go into global view on log in to your accounts and there you get the real time rate but as previously said the rate has been unbeatbale for last 10 months on a daily basis you will just have to take my word for it im afriad
Totally agree! I have been using HSBC for transfers for years as I have income from the UK. It used to take two business days for the transfer to take place but now happens immediately.

Another poster on here always insisted that Custom House could not be beaten with their rates but I have an account with them and have never used it as they are not as good.
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 5:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

jerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,
Anyone else thinking of changing their Cdn back into Gbp,
I have never seen the rate so low..
It must swing back the other way soon, maybe after the budget ?
Cheers
Jerry
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 7:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jerry brewer
Hi All,
Anyone else thinking of changing their Cdn back into Gbp,
I have never seen the rate so low..
It must swing back the other way soon, maybe after the budget ?
Cheers
Jerry
171.9 this morning. Last week I was beginning to think my decision to change a load at 1.79 was bad...not anymore.

Changing dollars into £s would be very brave indeed. The Pound is in very big trouble, and the government and BOE have made it clear they don't give a monky's about it's value...they've just taken 4.4 trillion of debt onto the books, nearly 4 times GDP. Traders are starting to talk of dollar parity. It is true that the £ is looking ovesold, but that is only going on past performance, the future of the UK is looking very bad indeed, and we have one of the most incompetent, wasteful and clueless governments in history, without any sign of strong intelligent opposition.

If you are just looking to make profit and have plenty in reserve, then play the markets, but if you currently have a good amount in Canada, but risk jeopardising this by being greedy, then just leave it there and forget about it. There is a chance that the pound could collapse (it kind of already has, but I'm talking about total collapse). If that happeneed there are no limits as to how low it could go CAN $ parity anyone? Seriously, these are unique times, Canada is going to suffer like everyone else, but the UK is going to be worse, and the rest of the world has woken up to this.
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 9:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

paolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to behold

quite frankly, i am on the verge of feeling depressed about all of this.

we applied for our PRs back in 2005.... we get them in time to see the £ plummet.

comparing prices of flights / cars / houses / food bills etc.... such things are about the same over here as in Vancouver, only in Vancouver, the salaries are much less.

not to mention that we currently have incomes, where as over there, we would have to secure employment in a declining recruitment climate.

i couldn't believe that buying our long haul flights from LHR to YVR was actually cheaper via the UK server than the Canadian!

all our time, hopes and effort have to be committed to in the most adverse conditions for many a year and before our visas expire! dammit!:curse:

for sure it is likely that the UK situation will get worse..... but this is only a maybe. if we migrate now though, our situation will get worse. this is a certainty!

fate spanks me again!
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 9:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

paolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to behold

oh crap! it's gonna go sub 1.70 today.... i can sense the dread!
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 11:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paolosmythe
oh crap! it's gonna go sub 1.70 today.... i can sense the dread!
Vancouver won't be expensive compared to local salaries for much longer, prices will have to go down just as every where else, but maybe by not quite as much, but I doubt if any equity held in the UK will ever be worth what it was vs BC again. In the short term a move might feel painful, but as the world adjusts to a future where Oil again pushes through $100 (within 2-5 years), and maybe even $200 a dollar barrel (5-10 years), you will feel a lot less poor in BC/Canada than you will if you stay here.
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 11:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

well yes....

things are downturning in BC; but they seem sure to go further in the UK....

whilst all of this brings disappointment due to what we had hoped to be...
we are at least given a chance to jump this sinking ship.

we'll just have to tread water for while instead of luxuriating in a raft of affluence.

(oh what a nice metaphor! )
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 1:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by paolosmythe
well yes....

things are downturning in BC; but they seem sure to go further in the UK....

whilst all of this brings disappointment due to what we had hoped to be...
we are at least given a chance to jump this sinking ship.

we'll just have to tread water for while instead of luxuriating in a raft of affluence.

(oh what a nice metaphor! )
Yes, hopefully we won't be drowning a bath of effluent
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 2:29 am
BE Enthusiast

deanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nice

1.711 as i type
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 2:33 am
BE Forum Addict

chumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond repute

1.709 as type very scary indeed when your income is in useless worthless UK pounds
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 2:37 am

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chumley
1.709 as type very scary indeed when your income is in useless worthless UK pounds
Oh shit!

My salary is fixed in pounds and I'm about to get paid.
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 2:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TheBear
Yes, hopefully we won't be drowning a bath of effluent
i confess, i spell checked.... i didn't want to tempt fate with a freudian slip!

although it seems 'things' are getting deeper! $1.7127 currently
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 2:41 am
BE Enthusiast

deanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nice

Oh crap, thats not good news. i truely feel for you at the moment.

Maybe if the budget goes t*ts up next week we may see a positive move in favour of the pound.

Dont really know what i'm talking about but 1 can hope for those wanting to exchange £'s to $'s
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 2:43 am
BE Enthusiast

now it's 1.703

on moneycorp's website
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 2:52 am
Immigration Consultant

Paul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond repute

The sharp slide is presumably based on this: http://ca.us.biz.yahoo.com/ap/090123...omy.html?.v=17

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.