Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Don't Trash the UK!

Don't Trash the UK!

Old Nov 5th 2008, 12:20 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Don't Trash the UK!

Originally Posted by flashman
Maybe the theme of this thread should be renamed to "Don't Trash Anything (Including Each Other)"
I'm trashed enough today as it is.
Old Nov 5th 2008, 12:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

albertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Flogger
Why not say 4?
Looks better.
PMSL

I had felt sorry for them earlier as it looked like they were getting a lot of stick but if it is such heaven here then it is very surprising that anyone would jeopardise that for just a couple of years maybe in another country regardless of the great job etc... yawn...
Old Nov 5th 2008, 12:22 pm
Banned

livermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jules Europe
Instead of answering this with the contempt it deserves. I will actually put forth a constructive idea that consider others. That maybe the mods can approve of in the case of keeping goodwill on the Canadian forum

I will actually promise never to set foot on the Canadian forum again (well type on it) In the interests of general peace and goodwill here. It seems my list of crimes for lack of a better word (well lets just refer to this thread for now) include offending these people on a regular basis:

DBD33- Claiming he writes negative stuff about Canada.
Novo- Upsetting him by implying that Canada could be a great place to live
Elfman- He who rants on about some dubious drubbing I made about the UK
Lorna- Don`t know what her gripe is but she`s a late moaner
Ruby- Nice sounding, but she felt the need to write a post to me complaining about my posts (she just never got round to doing it though)
Madhouse- Who seems to pop up and find what I write, well quite mad!
livermanl- Ok in his case justified and maybe I laughed at his expense there.

Other stuff that upsets or annoys certain people on here in general seems to be me assuming that Canada may well be a great country to live in, claiming its better than Europe, claiming there`s more to do there etc but maybe really its my tone! But as English is not my first language then that is likely the reason there, but I think its more to do with certain peoples perceived opinions about my posts and the ruffling of certain established feathers etc. Anyway the Canadian forum is probably the best forum on here, despite that I will stay off the Canadian forum for good So any helpful Canadian advice and tips etc that I need, I can actually just read it anyway without responding and causing disdain. If I really want to know something specific then there is PM
You have not upset me i just realised that it was a waste of time arguing with an ignorant fool.

Remember that you are commenting on a place that you have never lived and that many people will use this forum to seek advise.

Therefore when you slag off DBD for his credible opinions, opinions which MANY people agree with somewhat (first hand). Then your post is a basically saying he talks a load of rubbish and that everybody should listen to you about canada because you 'know' so much.

This is why you get on peoples backs is your advice though optimistic (and i can not fault you for being optimistic because you have to be) is not useful in anyway as you never know in a year i could be seeing you in the MBTTUK forum saying how horrid Canada is. Again not saying that is going to happen but it is a possibility.
Old Nov 5th 2008, 12:36 pm

pgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond repute

The UK can be a great place to live !!! Don't knock it just because you have left. I don't see many affluent people living in nice areas rushing to live in Canada. Why on earth would they when the UK is one of the most diverse places on the planet to live. I think too many people try to justify and reafirm their move to Canada by trying to convince themselves how bad the UK when in reality they most probably left a bit of a run down area with not much prospects to improve their lot there.

I am moving from the UK to live a debt free lifestyle, however I appreciate that it is through working in the UK and making the right investments I will be able to do this. Don't bite the hand that fed you because you never know when you may need to come begging back for a meal.

Oh and please remember who is still the head of state of Canada and where your loyalties lie.

Some of your statement are bordering on treason and if Henry VIII was still around there would be a long queue of traitors heading to the gallows

Last edited by pgtips; Nov 5th 2008 at 12:40 pm.
Old Nov 5th 2008, 12:39 pm
Banned

livermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pgtips
The UK can be a great place to live !!! Don't knock it just because you have left. I don't see many affluent people living in nice areas rushiong to live in Canada. Why on earth would they when the UK is one of the diverse places on the planet to live. I think too many people try to justify and reafirm their move to Canada by trying to convince themselves how bad the UK is.

I am moving from the UK to live a debt free lifestyle, however I appreciate that it is through wortking in the UK and making the right investments I will be able to do this. Don't bite the hand that fed you because you never know when you may need to come begging back for a meal.

Oh and please remember who is still the head of state of Canada and where your loyalties lie.

Some of your statement are bordering on treason and if Henry VIII was still around their would be a long queue of traitors heading to the gallows
Fantastic best post yet!
Old Nov 5th 2008, 12:47 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Why on earth would they when the UK is one of the diverse places on the planet to live.
I don't think so. I grew up in Brent, arguably the most culturally diverse place in Europe. It's nothing like as diverse as Toronto and the rest of Britian is monocultural compared to here. For example, it's common here to be the only white male on a train or bus, but it's not like Southall where everyone else looks subcontinental or St Louis where everyone else looks African, here the rest of the people don't look as if they have anything in common with each other. Interest in living within a diverse population is a reason to leave the UK, not one to stay.
Old Nov 5th 2008, 12:53 pm
Banned

earlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really nice

The UK can be a great place to live !!! Don't knock it just because you have left. I don't see many affluent people living in nice areas rushing to live in Canada. Why on earth would they when the UK is one of the most diverse places on the planet to live. I think too many people try to justify and reafirm their move to Canada by trying to convince themselves how bad the UK when in reality they most probably left a bit of a run down area with not much prospects to improve their lot there.

I am moving from the UK to live a debt free lifestyle, however I appreciate that it is through working in the UK and making the right investments I will be able to do this. Don't bite the hand that fed you because you never know when you may need to come begging back for a meal.

Some of your statement are bordering on treason and if Henry VIII was still around there would be a long queue of traitors heading to the gallows
You are a shining nugget in a thread full of shit....best post of a long and very boring thread.
Old Nov 5th 2008, 12:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
I don't think so. I grew up in Brent, arguably the most culturally diverse place in Europe. It's nothing like as diverse as Toronto and the rest of Britian is monocultural compared to here. For example, it's common here to be the only white male on a train or bus, but it's not like Southall where everyone else looks subcontinental or St Louis where everyone else looks African, here the rest of the people don't look as if they have anything in common with each other. Interest in living within a diverse population is a reason to leave the UK, not one to stay.
Indeed when we moved back here my 5 year old boy commented how he couldn't tell any of the kids at his new school apart because "they're all beige".
Old Nov 5th 2008, 1:26 pm

pgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elaine B.
Indeed when we moved back here my 5 year old boy commented how he couldn't tell any of the kids at his new school apart because "they're all beige".
Again it depends where you live.

I live on the outskirts of London where all sorts live now. My son goes to school with kids from all different backgrounds and religions. Recently I was joking with some of the other parents this would be a good advert for the united nations.

I recently worked in a company and in my office was a Croation, a Russian, A chap from the Seychelles, one from Malta, a Scotsman, a chap from Switsland, a German (Fitzy), A south African, a Caribbean, English and these are just to name a few. We all got on like a house on fire working from our Central London office. Diversity breeds understanding and respect for others.

When I want some busy actioned packed night life I can drive into central London which is packed with theatres, bars, clubs, historical buildings, museums and yeh I can even go and stand outside the magnificent Buckingham Palace if I choose.

When I want a bit of quiet I am literally 15 minutes drive to glorius coutry lanes. If I want an exhilirating day out at the seaside I take a drive into Brighton which takes about 1 1/2 hours and again loads to do and a diverse community.

I suppose you would class Lewis Hamilton as one of those beige people, well guess what he certainly wears his British colours with pride and is one of the reasons there is a GREAT before BRITAIN
Old Nov 5th 2008, 1:35 pm

There is something about Brent which just depresses me, I am not surprised you left, its just to congested a borough. I would not base Britains cultural diversity on your experiences of that little area called brent. Everbody I know wanted to eventually move out of Brent to a cleaner fresher area.
Old Nov 5th 2008, 1:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

I suppose you would class Lewis Hamilton as one of those beige people, well guess what he certainly wears his British colours with pride and is one of the reasons there is a GREAT before BRITAIN
I was quoting my 5 year old who refers to himself as beige I don't think he knows who Lewis Hamilton is. He went to a very diverse school in Downtown Toronto so Northern Ireland is very different obviously.
Old Nov 5th 2008, 1:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

chumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond repute

btw, not me mate:

From the "a truely rural eco sort of life" thread.

Oct 22nd 2008, 11:15 pm
Tangram

Maybe Chumley eats his own excrement in order to recycle I haven't the foggiest. Or maybe he lives on the North Shore.... I believe it's paradise there.
Old Nov 5th 2008, 1:56 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chumley
my humble apologies you are absolutley correct
"peasant farmer" was me. Also something like "rooting around for nuts and berries"!
Old Nov 5th 2008, 2:02 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: D

Personally for me, comparing living in one part of the country to living in another part of it doesn't work, neither does comparing either of those to living in Canada. To me, moving is an adventure whether it was moving 2 miles down the road as a 6 yr old or moving 3,500 miles to Canada as an adult. I've lived in 20 different houses in 40yrs so my situation and my views are not going to be the same as someone who's lived in the same town or city in the UK all their life.

My own attitude towards moving to Canada was I was more likely to settle in if I looked as it as a permanent move, even though this wouldn't be permanant until CIC had granted me immigrant status. Everyone is different, so are their backgrounds, life experiences both in and out of Canada, their opinions and situations.

Two people came have different views of the same situations and both may be right for that person, I've taken enough statements doing retail security to be able to make that observation. My opinion of Canada is mine, yours is yours, whoever you are and whichever part of the world anyone of you live in. It doesn't make me right and you wrong, does it?
Old Nov 5th 2008, 2:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

chumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond repute

"peasant farmer" was me. Also something like "rooting around for nuts and berries"!

indeed it was

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.