Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Crime in Canada?

Crime in Canada?

Old Sep 12th 2006, 4:25 pm
Forum Regular

shabby1 has much to be proud ofshabby1 has much to be proud ofshabby1 has much to be proud ofshabby1 has much to be proud ofshabby1 has much to be proud ofshabby1 has much to be proud ofshabby1 has much to be proud ofshabby1 has much to be proud ofshabby1 has much to be proud ofshabby1 has much to be proud ofshabby1 has much to be proud of
Unhappy Crime in Canada?

I have been reading over the past few weeks how much better life is in Canada and that it's like stepping back to the 1960s. Oh how I hope hubby hurries up and gets his interviews sorted!!!!
We have had a rotten day today

Some louts smashed the windows in our car when he went to see his mum and dad. What to they hope to achieve? All they got was his GPS! They'll probably have to go and nick some other poor sods car now to put it in... either that or sell it for cash for drugs! If anything, it has strengthened hubbies resolve to get off his butt and get things moving (so maybe there is a positive ).

Rant over... i'm going to get a
Old Sep 12th 2006, 4:32 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Crime in Canada?

Just be grateful you weren't in the Delta Chelsea Hotel........
Old Sep 12th 2006, 4:33 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

This has got to be a wind-up...
Old Sep 12th 2006, 4:42 pm
Forum Regular

shabby1 has much to be proud ofshabby1 has much to be proud ofshabby1 has much to be proud ofshabby1 has much to be proud ofshabby1 has much to be proud ofshabby1 has much to be proud ofshabby1 has much to be proud ofshabby1 has much to be proud ofshabby1 has much to be proud ofshabby1 has much to be proud ofshabby1 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Manc
Just be grateful you weren't in the Delta Chelsea Hotel........

You've lost me......
Old Sep 12th 2006, 4:46 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shabby1
You've lost me......

It's in Toronto, (just a quarter mile from here). Some people were murdered there this week, it's a bad block for murders.
Old Sep 12th 2006, 4:57 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
It's in Toronto, (just a quarter mile from here). Some people were murdered there this week, it's a bad block for murders.

OMG people get murdered in Canada??!!! :scared:

Do you have graffiti too?
Old Sep 12th 2006, 5:00 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
OMG people get murdered in Canada??!!! :scared:

Do you have graffiti too?
And Bloods. And Crips. And the Folk Nation. Even those Salvadoreans with the numbers tattooed on them. And crack. And meth. And tax evasion. And unlicenced dogs and cats. I've even seen litter!
Old Sep 12th 2006, 5:00 pm
Homebody

And Bloods. And Crips. And the Folk Nation. Even those Salvadoreans with the numbers tattooed on them. And crack. And meth. And tax evasion. And unlicenced dogs and cats. I've even seen litter!

Dog poo?
Old Sep 12th 2006, 5:12 pm
Forum Regular

Are you trying to lure people to Canada with false promises of paradise?

I am realistic (honest, guv!) and I do accept that there is crime everywhere, but over here it just seems to be getting worse and worse. The hoodies are taking control!
Old Sep 12th 2006, 5:13 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by Elvira

Dog poo?
Very very rare. People even stoop and scoop behind their raging unmuzzled pitbulls.
Old Sep 12th 2006, 5:16 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

I was accosted by a gang in Winnipeg.

I was wearing the wrong colour hockey jersy........

"you're on our turf eh?"
Old Sep 12th 2006, 5:18 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Are you trying to lure people to Canada with false promises of paradise?

I am realistic (honest, guv!) and I do accept that there is crime everywhere, but over here it just seems to be getting worse and worse. The hoodies are taking control!
In case you do think it's paradise, here's a piece about the Crips and Bloods in Toronto from a Canadian neo-fascist website. Stormfront are the local equivalent of the BNP and Christie Blatchford is a sort of illiterate Melanie Phillips. http://www.stormfront.org/forum/showthread.php?t=259095
Old Sep 12th 2006, 5:20 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Manc
I was wearing the wrong colour hockey jersy........

"you're on our turf eh?"

Just been asked by my 9yr old if that means he'll get beaten up for wearing his Liverpool FC top? He's got no worries about possibly moving to a new country, new school, new friends etc......but God forbid anyone should stop him wearing his favourite top!?
Old Sep 12th 2006, 5:22 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Just been asked by my 9yr old if that means he'll get beaten up for wearing his Liverpool FC top? He's got no worries about possibly moving to a new country, new school, new friends etc......but God forbid anyone should stop him wearing his favourite top!?
He'll be OK, no one will know what it is if its not a hockey top. Im not wearing mine for a few days just on the off chance that immigration standards have dropped so low that some Everton supporters might be around.
Old Sep 12th 2006, 5:26 pm
Senile Member

Daedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond repute

This thread made me LOL at some of the responses, love the humour!

Crime in Canada is just as bad as the UK if you live in (or very near) the big cities like Toronto, Montreal, Calgary, Vancouver... becomes more 'petty' theft type of crimes the further away from the cities you get.

For instance, my mum's house in the suburbs (West Island of Montreal) has been burgled 3 times in 16 years... mostly just stereo equipment & VCR's, the difference is, the burgulars "case" their targets first to make SURE no one is home when they do the deed.

In my experience here in the UK though, I've read many a story in the past 2 years living just North of Manchester about homes being burgled while the occupants were home & end up having people being hurt/killed.

It feels like its a different type of crime in the UK then it was for me in Canada... here it seems to be more violently directed at individuals, the intent of the criminals seem to be to try to hurt/kill people as a bonus to their crime. Other then the odd nut job that goes psycho and shoots his classmates every decade or so, crime in Canada tends to be for financial gain, the criminals seem to try to avoid conflict/confrontation with their victim except for the obvious crimes (rape etc) that are directly aimed at confrontation with the victim.

Mum got a ADT whole house windows/doors motion detector electrical alarm system fitted (cost her a small fortune) after the third robbery 8 years ago, not been burgled since

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.