British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/)
-   -   Citizenship time line (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/citizenship-time-line-806305/)

Tangram Jan 16th 2014 6:37 am

Re: Citizenship time line

It's been a while since I received Citz, a friend of mine is submitting - do you have to send off your school records ?

magnumpi Jan 16th 2014 6:42 am

Originally Posted by Tangram (Post 11082002)
It's been a while since I received Citz, a friend of mine is submitting - do you have to send off your school records ?

Only if you are using them to prove English. If your friend has an IELTs then no need.

But saying that !! I would, and did send everything I had to prove English as I had no IELTs

hpka Jan 16th 2014 6:43 am

Originally Posted by Tangram (Post 11082002)

It depends on a number of factors but usually only if you were studying for some of your time in Canada AND/OR you wish to use your school records as evidence of your identity or language proficiency.

For example, I sent a copy of my degree certificate because I wanted to prove my English speaking ability and also to prove my full name (my PR card only has one of my two middle names on it).

The Citizenship Guide has more detail on when they are needed.

jimmydean Jan 16th 2014 6:53 am

Just looking at the application form checklist for my 2 children's citizenship applications where it asks for 'Photocopy of two (2) pieces of your child's personal identification, one of which must have a photo on it'

Struggling to think of anything we possess that has a photo on it that isn't the PR Card or Passport (which is asked for on the same list)??

Any idea as to what consititutes 'personal identification'? :fingerscrossed:

hpka Jan 16th 2014 6:57 am

Originally Posted by jimmydean (Post 11082035)

Do they have Provincial Identity Cards such as the BC ID Card or BC Services Card? You could maybe get them some if they are above 12 years old.

jimmydean Jan 16th 2014 7:09 am

Originally Posted by hpka (Post 11082037)
Do they have Provincial Identity Cards such as the BC ID Card or BC Services Card? You could maybe get them some if they are above 12 years old.

Ages are 14 and 10........ and yes I have just checked NS do do a NS ID Card (didn't know that)........ there doesn't appear to be a lower age limit. $17 a card...... thank you :)

Scrapcat Jan 16th 2014 7:09 am

Originally Posted by jimmydean (Post 11082035)
Just looking at the application form checklist for my 2 children's citizenship applications where it asks for 'Photocopy of two (2) pieces of your child's personal identification, one of which must have a photo on it'

Struggling to think of anything we possess that has a photo on it that isn't the PR Card or Passport (which is asked for on the same list)??

Think we just used our daughter's PR card and passport for both as she doesn't have anything else with a photo along with a copy of her health card.

magnumpi Jan 16th 2014 8:12 am

I used copies of my sons Student card, driv lic, passport, PR card and sent his full school record in Canada from day 1.

Oh and health card too

JamesM Jan 16th 2014 12:23 pm

Wow. So after all that the book arrived in my mail today. They posted it on November 12th apparently.

Something to look forward too :-)

smivers Jan 16th 2014 12:36 pm

When did you apply, James? I'm at 4 months, and haven't had any acknowledgement. Nothing online either...

RubyRose Jan 16th 2014 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by JamesM (Post 11081847)
I think I should place a call.

Annoyingly their helpline number does not seem to be working? 1-888-242‑2100

I wouldn't bother calling the call centre as they are not very helpful.

Ruby

JamesM Jan 16th 2014 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by smivers (Post 11082463)
When did you apply, James? I'm at 4 months, and haven't had any acknowledgement. Nothing online either...

I applied in early November. So just over 2 months to get the book. E-Cas tells you when they sent it off.

smivers Jan 16th 2014 1:40 pm

I can't even log on to the online system :(

JamesM Jan 16th 2014 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by smivers (Post 11082516)
I can't even log on to the online system :(

I paid online for my Citizenship and they sent me a pdf receipt via email. This had a number on it that I used to log in.

smivers Jan 16th 2014 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by JamesM (Post 11082525)
I paid online for my Citizenship and they sent me a pdf receipt via email. This had a number on it that I used to log in.

Got that, tried that, didn't get anywhere... Maybe it got lost in the mail...