Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Changes to TWP programme

Changes to TWP programme

Old May 1st 2013, 6:49 am
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Changes to TWP programme

Originally Posted by Mrs. B.
I'm getting slightly worried as my hubby is waiting for his LMO (3 weeks now)
Tell me about it, I haven't slept well since this news came out
Old May 1st 2013, 7:37 am
Forum Regular

spacemonkey will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Mikeypm
Tell me about it, I haven't slept well since this news came out
Ditto.
Old May 1st 2013, 7:39 am

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spacemonkey
Ditto.
When did yours go in?
Old May 1st 2013, 7:48 am
Forum Regular

Just another thought, those out there on a TFW/TWP now who's permit is close to needing renewal how does this effect them?

Lets say the company applies to renew their LMO and fails is the LMO a requirement of the TWP renewal? if so there will be a massive shortage of seats on any flight going to Europe for the next 7 months.
Old May 1st 2013, 7:50 am

Originally Posted by spacemonkey
Just another thought, those out there on a TFW/TWP now who's permit is close to needing renewal how does this effect them?

Lets say the company applies to renew their LMO and fails is the LMO a requirement of the TWP renewal?
Not sure on that one, I know if you change job whilst out there you need to get a new LMO and TWP. Im sure FL or one of the other forum regulars should be able to clarify that.
Old May 1st 2013, 10:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

It will be interesting to see how they will deal with extensions or changing jobs after these recent announcements.
Some of the LMOs dished out like candy will be subject to further scrutiny while others will not.
Be honest and look at your job and how you got it and the type of employer you work for. If it now seems a bit shady to you then chances are you should be worried.
Its too early to make any other comments as nobody knows just quite yet what instructions have been sent out to HRSDC or CIC in regards to this.
Old May 1st 2013, 10:25 am
Forum Regular

From my understanding you cannot renew your TWP without the LMO. So with this in mind those who are out there now on TWP with the viewpoint of PR could be in serious trouble if there company does not get a positive LMO renewal.

The other issue being is the new requirements are somewhat murky in terms of training provisions for Canadians. Like i have said i am planning on coming over in August (ish) and am well into my planning but it's dependent on a LMO renewal, which should be going through as we speak. But there is nothing stopping it being returned as these new conditions did not have pre-warning for those applying.
Old May 1st 2013, 10:57 am
?

jwtimmon is a splendid one to beholdjwtimmon is a splendid one to beholdjwtimmon is a splendid one to beholdjwtimmon is a splendid one to beholdjwtimmon is a splendid one to beholdjwtimmon is a splendid one to beholdjwtimmon is a splendid one to beholdjwtimmon is a splendid one to beholdjwtimmon is a splendid one to beholdjwtimmon is a splendid one to beholdjwtimmon is a splendid one to behold

The flip side of this are companies that were genuinely considering using the LMO/TWP process to fill a real gap are now sitting on the fence waiting for clarification. So anyone in mid interview/offer/LMO process is going to be in for a rough few weeks until this all gets made clear.
Old May 1st 2013, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

Mrs. B. is just really niceMrs. B. is just really niceMrs. B. is just really niceMrs. B. is just really niceMrs. B. is just really niceMrs. B. is just really niceMrs. B. is just really niceMrs. B. is just really niceMrs. B. is just really niceMrs. B. is just really niceMrs. B. is just really nice
Cool Re: Changes to TWP programme

Originally Posted by jwtimmon
The flip side of this are companies that were genuinely considering using the LMO/TWP process to fill a real gap are now sitting on the fence waiting for clarification. So anyone in mid interview/offer/LMO process is going to be in for a rough few weeks until this all gets made clear.
I have Canadian citizenship so was going to sponsor my hubby when we get to canada. Because he was getting himself in on the lmo and this has happened I am wondering should I sponsor him now.
Old May 1st 2013, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

Welsh Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

I have Canadian citizenship so was going to sponsor my hubby when we get to canada. Because he was getting himself in on the lmo and this has happened I am wondering should I sponsor him now.
I'm not far off giving up and going for State Sponsorship in Australia. 3 week tomorrow I've been waiting for my name to be added to the LMO

Last edited by Welsh Sparky; May 1st 2013 at 7:38 pm.
Old May 1st 2013, 9:13 pm
Forum Regular

Mrs. B. is just really niceMrs. B. is just really niceMrs. B. is just really niceMrs. B. is just really niceMrs. B. is just really niceMrs. B. is just really niceMrs. B. is just really niceMrs. B. is just really niceMrs. B. is just really niceMrs. B. is just really niceMrs. B. is just really nice

Originally Posted by Welsh Sparky
I'm not far off giving up and going for State Sponsorship in Australia. 3 week tomorrow I've been waiting for my name to be added to the LMO
Check out the iec route if u are under 35.
Old May 1st 2013, 9:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

energysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Welsh Sparky
Before committing to Australia have a good look at their licensing system

Fancy becoming an apprentice again for a year?

When I hear people say how desperate Australia are for decent skilled workers I laugh - its a myth from my (extensive) research - they could not make it more difficult for Electricians to get licensed and get work
Old May 1st 2013, 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by energysolutions
Before committing to Australia have a good look at their licensing system

Fancy becoming an apprentice again for a year?

When I hear people say how desperate Australia are for decent skilled workers I laugh - its a myth from my (extensive) research - they could not make it more difficult for Electricians to get licensed and get work
Also the visa process for Oz is a hell of lot more expensive
Old May 1st 2013, 9:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

energysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond repute

Check out the iec route if u are under 35.
Hasnt the full 2013 quota been allocated already?
Old May 1st 2013, 10:00 pm
Banned

How long is just really niceHow long is just really niceHow long is just really niceHow long is just really niceHow long is just really niceHow long is just really niceHow long is just really niceHow long is just really niceHow long is just really nice

Slightly off topic, so my apologies.
Last weekend I was at an event in Niagara and there was an American guy there who was a vendor. He brought in $20,000 (retail value) worth of goods to sell. It took him 3 hours at Canadian Customs to go through everything. He had an appointment booked with customs on Monday to check what he'd sold and sort out what tax was owing. I assume he had to clear US Customs as well.
How is it possible to come to Canada and work without a work permit ? I can't imagine that it would be the same going in to the USA.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.