British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/)
-   -   Changes to TWP programme (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/changes-twp-programme-795526/)

Novocastrian Apr 30th 2013 1:22 pm

Re: Changes to TWP programme

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian (Post 10685157)
But those changes don't really affect the Federal Skilled Workers or Federal Skilled Trades Programmes. The FSW isn't even open until 4th May.

That's right. Was there any confusion or ambiguity in my reply?

Former Lancastrian Apr 30th 2013 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by Andy18913 (Post 10685181)
This is exactly what i am worried about. I am about to leave Canada after being here a week sorting out the paperwork and was really hoping this time after what they had told my employer i would be back in a few months. This really isn't good.

You might get lucky as your application was in process. Time will tell.

Former Lancastrian Apr 30th 2013 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by Novocastrian (Post 10685184)
That's right. Was there any confusion or ambiguity in my reply?

In yours NO but some of these posters dont always accept the answers that are given.

Andy18913 Apr 30th 2013 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian (Post 10685186)
You might get lucky as your application was in process. Time will tell.

I hope so i really do. This latest attempt is not actually in the process yet though. We had to wait the time for the job to be advertised so the actually LMO forms dont get sent until next week.

januarymix Apr 30th 2013 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat (Post 10685166)
Sun News Network will be burning an effigy of you momentarily...

I was reading the Canadian papers and am genuinely gobsmacked at how much anger and Daily Mail energy there is. Skinting and betraying the law is wrong yes, but I am with mikey that there are some occupations where foreign workers may be well/better qualified. To put in a genuine stop in the tracks for workers like that is off putting. I am just surprised but looking out I guess who cares :thumbsup:

Mikeypm Apr 30th 2013 1:58 pm

I'm wondering as well whether they will be harsher and more ready to decline an LMO application that's already in?

Former Lancastrian Apr 30th 2013 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by Mikeypm (Post 10685265)
I'm wondering as well whether they will be harsher and more ready to decline an LMO application that's already in?

I guess it depends on what specific instructions have been sent to HRSDC by CIC on how to deal with applications in process before yesterdays announcements. Nothing on the CIC site as yet or HRSDC site just the press releases.

magnumpi Apr 30th 2013 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by Mikeypm (Post 10685265)

I think this will be reality in the near future, they (CIC) will have to make it look like they are in line with the new ruling, leading by example

Former Lancastrian Apr 30th 2013 2:16 pm

Interesting sats on LMOs issued in 2012 for all of Canada.
http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/eng/jobs/fore...erly2012.shtml

Alberta approx 84,000 positive LMOs WOW.

ExKiwilass Apr 30th 2013 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by floatsy (Post 10685214)
I was reading the Canadian papers and am genuinely gobsmacked at how much anger and Daily Mail energy there is. Skinting and betraying the law is wrong yes, but I am with mikey that there are some occupations where foreign workers may be well/better qualified. To put in a genuine stop in the tracks for workers like that is off putting. I am just surprised but looking out I guess who cares :thumbsup:

newsflash. Canadians are no more or less whipped up by immigration fraud that brits are. I don't know why that would be a surprise?

ExKiwilass Apr 30th 2013 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty (Post 10685037)
I'm here on a TWP, no LMO needed, under an Intra-company Transfer... does that mean I'm now a hate-figure, like Canada's equivalent of a Daily Mail 'single mum on benefits with a council house?'

yes, can you send me a pic so I can get your face right in papier mache? Please and thankyou.

Mikeypm Apr 30th 2013 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by magnumpi (Post 10685292)
I think this will be reality in the near future, they (CIC) will have to make it look like they are in line with the new ruling, leading by example

:fingerscrossed:it doesn't affect LMO's already in process

Jingsamichty Apr 30th 2013 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by ExKiwilass (Post 10685437)
yes, can you send me a pic so I can get your face right in papier mache? Please and thankyou.

This is me on my way to work:

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/...0_1983028b.jpg

magnumpi Apr 30th 2013 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by Mikeypm (Post 10685478)
:fingerscrossed:it doesn't affect LMO's already in process

How would you know? It's not good at any rate. RBC and their recruitment company have shaken it all up and made life that much more difficult for new foreign workers

ExKiwilass Apr 30th 2013 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty (Post 10685479)

haha I ESPECIALLY like the pith helmet. But that might be tricky in paper.