Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Canada's most friendly/unfriendly Province ??????

Canada's most friendly/unfriendly Province ??????

Old Nov 24th 2012, 1:21 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canada's most friendly/unfriendly Province ??????

Originally Posted by Gazman
You're quote "the default level of social interaction is set at friendlier level than in Europe" is a very interesting notion and I can see why you make that point, but suddenly aren't we're getting into analytics...rather than expressing gut instincts...???
I have just spent six and a half hours glad handing a group of awesome People, and I'm fairly sure they found me awesome too! It was all most depressing. Canadians are nice, except for the few nasty ones, probably a bit like the rest of us?
Old Nov 24th 2012, 1:29 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MillieF
I have just spent six and a half hours glad handing a group of awesome People, and I'm fairly sure they found me awesome too! It was all most depressing. Canadians are nice, except for the few nasty ones, probably a bit like the rest of us?
Good God. You've hardly settled in and you're already doing awesome.

Your 2CV won't start in the morning.
Old Nov 24th 2012, 1:41 am
Forum Regular

Gazman is a name known to allGazman is a name known to allGazman is a name known to allGazman is a name known to allGazman is a name known to allGazman is a name known to allGazman is a name known to allGazman is a name known to allGazman is a name known to allGazman is a name known to allGazman is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Good God. You've hardly settled in and you're already doing awesome.

Your 2CV won't start in the morning.
Okay I'm getting it now...awesome is a Canadian word!!!...I should have known this, I bought my niece an 'Avril Lavigne Live DVD' a few years ago and out of 'pushy uncle nosyness' I watched it before I wrapped it up.
During the show she invited two members of the audience on to the stage and used this word merely because they told her how old they were...oh man that's awesome...
Old Nov 24th 2012, 1:57 am
Forum Regular

Gazman is a name known to allGazman is a name known to allGazman is a name known to allGazman is a name known to allGazman is a name known to allGazman is a name known to allGazman is a name known to allGazman is a name known to allGazman is a name known to allGazman is a name known to allGazman is a name known to all

Can't we just move Canada to Torrevieja???, the climate is better and the lingo is already understod to the point of ordering a pint and a packet of cheese & onion crisps...
Old Nov 24th 2012, 2:02 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Can't we just move Canada to Torrevieja???, the climate is better and the lingo is already understod to the point of ordering a pint and a packet of cheese & onion crisps...
Is that in Spain? If so, I'm certain Canada wouldn't fit.

OTOH at a personal level you could choose Torrevieja over Canada, and perhaps you should. You might fit better.
Old Nov 24th 2012, 2:25 am
Forum Regular

Is that in Spain? If so, I'm certain Canada wouldn't fit.

OTOH at a personal level you could choose Torrevieja over Canada, and perhaps you should. You might fit better.
...er...dydw i ddim yn deuach!...

Last edited by Gazman; Nov 24th 2012 at 2:34 am.
Old Nov 24th 2012, 2:37 am
Born again atheist

...er...dydw i ddim yn deuach!...
Quite.
Old Nov 24th 2012, 4:03 pm
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Okay I'm getting it now...awesome is a Canadian word!!!.....oh man that's awesome...
How I HATE bloody awesome, every ten seconds you hear it here, and it is giving me the serious pip! I only typed it for fun, I'd never SAY it! If I hear 'I'ts all Good' one more time I may have a breakdown too!
Old Nov 24th 2012, 4:12 pm
me/moi

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

How I HATE bloody awesome, every ten seconds you hear it here, and it is giving me the serious pip! I only typed it for fun, I'd never SAY it! If I hear 'I'ts all Good' one more time I may have a breakdown too!
Know what you mean Millie, but it's all good!
Old Nov 24th 2012, 4:13 pm
Born again atheist

Good jaaarb!
Old Nov 24th 2012, 4:55 pm
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute

It's not really any different to the overuse of the word BRILLIANT in the UK.
Old Nov 24th 2012, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

What exactly is the problem here???...I consider the word 'Awesome' to be a generally awesome word,...It relates to something that is directly apposed to 'shitty'. Therefore, I think 'awesome' is an awesome way to describe something that is awesome.
Furthermore, I think it is awesome that some awesome people are prepared to awesomely be enthusiastic about the awesome use of such an awesome word within such an awesomely open and awesomely universally accepted awesome vocabulary...
Old Nov 24th 2012, 9:50 pm
me/moi

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

What exactly is the problem here???...I consider the word 'Awesome' to be a generally awesome word,...It relates to something that is directly apposed to 'shitty'. Therefore, I think 'awesome' is an awesome way to describe something that is awesome.
Furthermore, I think it is awesome that some awesome people are prepared to awesomely be enthusiastic about the awesome use of such an awesome word within such an awesomely open and awesomely universally accepted awesome vocabulary...
Awesome rebuttal.
Old Nov 24th 2012, 10:15 pm
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by Shard
Awesome rebuttal.
Not really. Awesomely has too many syllables for Canadians.
Old Nov 24th 2012, 10:20 pm
me/moi

Not really. Awesomely has too many syllables for Canadians.
Didn't spot that, Great Jaaarb Novo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.