Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Canada or the UK?

Canada or the UK?

Old Feb 16th 2012, 8:24 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canada or the UK?

Originally Posted by fletcher m
You what? I think i need to look at a forum based on trucks and Ammo. I might be able to follow that.
This Trucker Website seems felicitous for you. Good luck
Old Feb 16th 2012, 8:29 am
Don't call me MOM!!

snowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by MikeUK
And let’s be honest if the background is sensitive, then pushing this around an internet forum is hardly wise, as its the home of many opposing opinions..

And she might be p’d off with his change of mind, but maybe he changed for the right reasons, in which case she’s not really entitled to be p’d off IMHO, as moving a child that far away from the other parent s hardly the right thing to do in the first place
Quite, so I am merely expressing my own point of view, as we all may do based on my own individual experience in a similar situation.

I think it is very easy to be judgemental here, there is no right or wrong answer. But this post will undoubtably hit a nerve with many posters.
Old Feb 16th 2012, 8:34 am
Part Time Poster

MikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowcandy
Quite, so I am merely expressing my own point of view, as we all may do based on my own individual experience in a similar situation.

I think it is very easy to be judgemental here, there is no right or wrong answer. But this post will undoubtably hit a nerve with many posters.
Same here, although mine is from hanging out as a kid with friends who didn't have access to there dad..

and watching the bitching of divorcees and their ability to distort reality around them to suit their view of the world,
Its fascinating to watch when you get to see both sides up close, but not so comfortable when you get expected to take sides, and by both sides….

Hitting nerves isn't so bad if its causes some reflection...

Last edited by MikeUK; Feb 16th 2012 at 8:37 am.
Old Feb 16th 2012, 8:38 am
Banned

fletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by el_richo
How did you know such a vile place existed?
Old Feb 16th 2012, 8:40 am
Banned

fletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud of

How did you know such a vile place existed?
can a trace be found on my computer that I opened that site? i would hate to think that my wifey and kids think i visit such a place. you evil man. Fancy a beer big boy?
Old Feb 16th 2012, 8:44 am
Part Time Poster

MikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond repute

can a trace be found on my computer that I opened that site? i would hate to think that my wifey and kids think i visit such a place. you evil man. Fancy a beer big boy?
Tools
Delete browsing history (Ctrl+Shift+Del)
Old Feb 16th 2012, 8:46 am
Banned

Originally Posted by MikeUK
Tools
Delete browsing history (Ctrl+Shift+Del)
Sounds like a man who does not want a history! Thanks anyway. it will clean up the other stuff i look at!
Old Feb 16th 2012, 8:47 am
Banned

I'v washed my hands.
Old Feb 16th 2012, 8:49 am
Part Time Poster

Sounds like a man who does not want a history! Thanks anyway. it will clean up the other stuff i look at!
When following links form some of the more dubious members of this site it’s prudent to use InPrivate Browsing
InPrivate Browsing helps prevent Internet Explorer from storing data about your browsing session. This includes cookies, temporary Internet files, history, and other data. Toolbars and extensions are disabled by default
Old Feb 16th 2012, 8:50 am
Forum Regular

Ivesy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by snowcandy
How old is the child concerned?

I really feel for you as I know what a difficult time you must be having. However it is a very individual situation. There are many factors that need to be taken into account. Obviously your child's age would have an impact on any decision made ie taking them out of the school system in the UK at a crucial stage in their education etc. Also what level of contact and the nature of their relationship with the absent parent. Financial situation etc....it all gets pretty complex.

If your ex agreed to the move before, what has now caused them to change their mind? If you your child has a good relationship with the absent parent then naturally this is a more difficult issue to resolve. Can you show that you will make all attempts to maintain regular contact through visits etc?

We had similar problems with my ex who eventually only signed the consent papers when I closed the CSA account, meaning he did not have to pay the £££££ arrears, nice. His lack of contact (his choice) with our child meant his input into the decision was non existent, he tried to prevent us through sheer spite. In the end it just showed him up for what he is and luckily our daughter was mature enough to see that and now wants nothing more to do with him.
I had a very similar situation as well, my ex had given his permission for our son to move to canada with me and his older brothers, then withdrew his consent..he on the other hand had never paid any child maintenance, he works self employed so as far as he was concerned he WASN'T WORKING, it went to court he wanted some roman coins that i still had in the family home so he bartered with the coins, the coins in exchange for his permission for my son to move over to Canada...so basically he sold his son. My son was 15years old at the time so he could have a say although he didn't...he too has nothing to do with his dad as he has seen him for what he is worth. i got his permission put into a court order.
Also like some one else has said visit Canada, visit schools get their information packages and put together a portfolio of every,have things at hand to show the courts.
Good luck....
Old Feb 16th 2012, 8:53 am
Banned

i looked this up in the dico and i still haven't a clue what you are on about!
Old Feb 16th 2012, 8:54 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ivesy
I had a very similar situation as well, my ex had given his permission for our son to move to canada with me and his older brothers, then withdrew his consent..he on the other hand had never paid any child maintenance, he works self employed so as far as he was concerned he WASN'T WORKING, it went to court he wanted some roman coins that i still had in the family home so he bartered with the coins, the coins in exchange for his permission for my son to move over to Canada...so basically he sold his son. My son was 15years old at the time so he could have a say although he didn't...he too has nothing to do with his dad as he has seen him for what he is worth. i got his permission put into a court order.
Also like some one else has said visit Canada, visit schools get their information packages and put together a portfolio of every,have things at hand to show the courts.
Good luck....
But you were the other part of the transaction, so ethically I see very little distinction between the two of you.