British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/)
-   -   Canada meet up in UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/canada-meet-up-uk-436953/)

gibbos1 Apr 13th 2007 6:43 am

Re: Canada meet up in UK

Hi folks,
there has been a few drop out of the Stratford meet-up on the 14th:(

Could people let me know if they are still coming please, unless I have sent you a PM.

Many thanks,
Carl:thumbup:

gibbos1 Apr 13th 2007 6:00 pm

Hi peeps,
just to let you know, that we the Gibbo's are still going tomorow and will meet up at about 11ish in Car Park or look out for us on the playing field by the car park, near the river. Look out for the flag:eek:

There will be about 4 families going tomorrow and different time in the day, but please the more the better. We are taking a picnic and plan to have a wonder around Stratford. We will need to be heading back about 4ish.

See you all tomorrow, will be nice to meet you all,
reagards,
Carl & Tracey:thumbsup:

steved61 Apr 13th 2007 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by gibbos1 (Post 4638098)
Hi peeps,
just to let you know, that we the Gibbo's are still going tomorow and will meet up at about 11ish in Car Park or look out for us on the playing field by the car park, near the river. Look out for the flag:eek:

There will be about 4 families going tomorrow and different time in the day, but please the more the better. We are taking a picnic and plan to have a wonder around Stratford. We will need to be heading back about 4ish.

reagards,

I wouldn't hang around in the car park to long carl, you may get a visit from the police wondering if you are some kind of perv, then again you may get propositioned by someone, you know penny for a kiss etc LOL:D

pinzo Apr 13th 2007 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by gibbos1 (Post 4638098)
Hi peeps,

reagards,

Hi Carl & Tracey
I should be able to get to Stratford around 11 ish, I'll be finishing work at 10am.
I'll look out for you (and the flag) but I'll phone your mobile if I can't find you. Glad to hear there are couple more families meeting there too, who is going to be there?

I hear the weather is going to be great tomorrow so it should be a good day.

Look forward to meeting you all, and anyone else who fancies meeting up feel free to come along. :D

Lindsey

Spoons1961 Apr 13th 2007 7:10 pm

We fully expect to be there tomorrow. That makes at least 5 families !

We look forward to meeting you all.:thumbsup:

gibbos1 Apr 13th 2007 7:22 pm

Ah great stuff spoons.
How many coming and you planning being there for 11ish?
Cheers all,
Carl:eek: :thumbup:

burton bunch Apr 13th 2007 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by gibbos1 (Post 4638484)
Ah great stuff spoons.
Cheers all,

Carl

Was gonna PM you about tomorrow

Was gonna say we will be there but as I started the PM estate agent rang to say I have a viewer coming at 11.30 so wont be able to meet you plus I have my cousins 40th to go to tomorrow night so would have been pushing it I think.

Will see you on 28th

Gaynor
x

gibbos1 Apr 13th 2007 8:05 pm

No probs Gay,hope all goes well for you tomorrow and enjoy party.
See you 28th,
carl:cool:

Spoons1961 Apr 13th 2007 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by gibbos1 (Post 4638484)
Ah great stuff spoons.
Cheers all,

2 Adults, two kids (3 & 5). We will be there at 11am.
Look forward to meeting you tomorrow

steved61 Apr 14th 2007 6:57 am

Originally Posted by burton bunch (Post 4638551)
Carl

Was gonna PM you about tomorrow

Was gonna say we will be there but as I started the PM estate agent rang to say I have a viewer coming at 11.30 so wont be able to meet you plus I have my cousins 40th to go to tomorrow night so would have been pushing it I think.

Will see you on 28th

Gaynor
x

Good luck with the viewing gaynor let us know how you get on with it:thumbsup:

Steve

gibbos1 Apr 14th 2007 8:28 am

Hi Spoons,

great to hear your coming to meet, just read it this morning.

see you later
Carl:D

gibbos1 Apr 15th 2007 6:00 pm

Hi all,
just to let you know that we had a real good meet yesterday:thumbsup:
The weather was brill, and it was great to walk around Stratford and have a good chat about Canada and other peoples views on the immigration process. There were 3 families, The Spoons, deano n lisa, Gibbos, and Pinzo and speaking for the Gibbos, we really enjoyed it and got plenty of hints & tips.

We met at about 11.15am, because we were late, and the Spoons found us, then Pinzo saw the flag, then I had a walk around the car park(with the flag flapping over my shoulder) and found Deano n Lisa. All ended up having a picnic in the middle of the feild next to the river, then went for a walk around Stratford, then heading to the play area and then to the cars. We all left at about 4.30pm and hopefully all coming to the next meet up at Notts.

I did mention that I would take some photo's, but person that would forget his head, if it wasn't screwed on, forgot the camera:eek: :o

Many thanks to everyone that made it, thanks for the good day. first of many we hope?
many regards,
Carl & Tracey Emily & James:thumbsup:

NovaBoy Apr 15th 2007 6:11 pm

Sounds as though you had a great day yesterday!

Looking forward to the 28th!

See you all then.........don't be late! ;) :p

Now where's them flags?

:thumbsup:

gibbos1 Apr 15th 2007 6:46 pm

Hi all again,

we were thinking at the last meet-up that a 2 oclock meet time, was maybe a bit late in the day for the people travelling down for the day? So I thought I would suggest, making it earlier, say about 12 noon:confused:
If that's still a bit late please let me know.

If anybody still needs any help, with directions, place to stay, or about the day, please PM, email me or Steved61:thumbsup:

many thanks and looking forward to meeting you all:eek: and seeing all those fags.:eek: :rofl:
regards,
Carl:thumbsup:

steved61 Apr 15th 2007 6:48 pm

:[/QUOTE]
many thanks and looking forward to meeting you all:eek: and seeing all those fags.:eek: :rofl:
regards,
Carl:thumbsup:[/QUOTE]

I think carl means flags