British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/)
-   -   Canada meet up in UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/canada-meet-up-uk-436953/)

purple80 Apr 16th 2007 8:45 am

Re: Canada meet up in UK

Hi Carl,
Sounds like you had a good time in Stratford, I am really looking forward to the 28th, although was a tad worried when I saw the 'fag' comment;)
Thanks for the laugh:rofl:
See you soon.
:wub:Charlie :wub:

gibbos1 Apr 16th 2007 9:02 am

OH no, I'm not going to live that comment down, am I:o :D

12 meet-up time ok then? I will give the park a bell later today or in the week, get some more details.

I think we are going to sort out a picnic again for lunch, then have meal out in the evening? Then we could all meet up at a pub, maybe? on the night?
Please let me know what you think about picnic idea:thumbup:

Thanks all, see you soon,
Carl:thumbsup:

purple80 Apr 16th 2007 9:07 am

Hi,
Picnic sounds good, am happy to go along with the majority, 12pm should be fine....
Will you have your fag, err sorry flag????:rofl:
No your never going to live it down, it will haunt you all the way to Canada:eek:
:wub: Charlie :wub:

gibbos1 Apr 16th 2007 9:37 am

I think I will have to take both now, shut you all up:rofl:

There's that many going, I think I will have to let the police know:p

Sounds good, can't wait.

We are traveling up on the Friday, after kids finish school. Get straight to caravan site, sort van out, then have a pint some where. So if anybody fancies a pint Friday evening, let me know:eek: :thumbsup:
cheers all,
Carl:thumbup:

purple80 Apr 16th 2007 9:47 am

There's that many going, I think I will have to let the police know:p

Letting the police know?? Is that because of the amount of fags,flags or people??????:rofl:
I would love a pint, but i'll have to wait until the saturday:(
:wub: Charlie :wub:

gibbos1 Apr 16th 2007 10:04 am

Letting the police know?? Is that because of the amount of fags,flags or people??????

All of the above:rofl: :rofl: ;)

steved61 Apr 16th 2007 10:39 am

Originally Posted by gibbos1 (Post 4648463)
Letting the police know?? Is that because of the amount of fags,flags or people??????

All of the above:rofl: :rofl: ;)

Carl, are you planning to be a lumber jack in canada (monty python kind) wearing suspendies and bra???.

Picnic sounds great i have suggested to carl that a mobile number be given out for any late arrivers so they can track us down.

Hotel where some of us are staying in mansfield has restaurant and bar. i will try it out on Friday 27th and give a full report on the saturday if people do fancy drinks and or meal.

If you PM me i will let you have my mobile number, won't give it to carl just in case it turns up on some mens room wall LOL

Steve

thundercat600 Apr 16th 2007 11:25 am

picnic sounds like a good idea!

don't envy those planning on camping/caravanning this weekend, the forecast is for -6 on friday night!! :eek:

are you all just getting acclimatised for the move to canada!! :rofl:

thundercat600 Apr 16th 2007 11:27 am

Originally Posted by thundercat600 (Post 4648815)
picnic sounds like a good idea!

don't envy those planning on camping/caravanning this weekend, the forecast is for -6 on friday night!! :eek:

are you all just getting acclimatised for the move to canada!! :rofl:

btw, i've spoken with OH and we're a "yes" for this meet-up! :D

steved61 Apr 16th 2007 11:28 am

Originally Posted by thundercat600 (Post 4648821)
btw, i've spoken with OH and we're a "yes" for this meet-up! :D

good look forward to seeing u there thundercat

stev

NovaBoy Apr 16th 2007 11:28 am

Originally Posted by gibbos1 (Post 4648185)
12 meet-up time ok then? I will give the park a bell later today or in the week, get some more details.

I think we are going to sort out a picnic again for lunch, then have meal out in the evening? Then we could all meet up at a pub, maybe? on the night?
Please let me know what you think about picnic idea:thumbup:

Thanks all, see you soon,
Carl:thumbsup:

All of the above sounds good to us!

Can't wait for 27th / 28th!

:thumbsup:

gibbos1 Apr 16th 2007 2:48 pm

It's the knickers that keep cutting me that's the pain:eek:

Let me know if you want my mobile and I'll PM you

As for the weather, we will have our seal skin undies on:o :p

The way we do it around my way, is any cheeky comments and you have to buy me a pint:eek: :thumbsup:

I am thinking about doing a list later in the week and PM everybody that has said they fancy the meet-up. So to help, if you would care to send me PM if you are coming, then I can start list now??

All have a think about what dates would be good for the next one and suggest them on the 28th?

Cheers all, see you all soon.:thumbsup:

Robin (The Gadget family) Apr 16th 2007 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by gibbos1 (Post 4649833)
It's the knickers that keep cutting me that's the pain:eek:

Let me know if you want my mobile and I'll PM you

As for the weather, we will have our seal skin undies on:o :p

The way we do it around my way, is any cheeky comments and you have to buy me a pint:eek: :thumbsup:

I am thinking about doing a list later in the week and PM everybody that has said they fancy the meet-up. So to help, if you would care to send me PM if you are coming, then I can start list now??

All have a think about what dates would be good for the next one and suggest them on the 28th?

Cheers all, see you all soon.:thumbsup:

Don't worry about calling the police, you will have your very own on hand to keep you guys under control, be gentle with me! Tee hee!

I don't know if we can be there by 12 cos we are coming from Surrey, maybe we will just have to be sure to get up really early, we'll see.

purple80 Apr 16th 2007 4:52 pm

"Don't worry about calling the police, you will have your very own on hand to keep you guys under control"

EEK, cripes best be well behaved, Carl you'll have to watch out you'll be hanging around a car park with your fag/flag.:confused:

I can just hear the 'hello hello, what do we have hear then?':rofl:

Robin (The Gadget family) Apr 16th 2007 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by purple80 (Post 4650409)
"Don't worry about calling the police, you will have your very own on hand to keep you guys under control"

EEK, cripes best be well behaved, Carl you'll have to watch out you'll be hanging around a car park with your fag/flag.:confused:

I can just hear the 'hello hello, what do we have hear then?':rofl:

I'm there's an obscure offence somewhere of 'loitering with a fag, I mean flag, with intent to attract attention'. :p
you'll soon discover that we are on our best behaviour at all times. ;)