British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/)
-   -   Canada meet up in UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/canada-meet-up-uk-436953/)

steved61 Mar 25th 2007 8:58 pm

Re: Canada meet up in UK

Originally Posted by sans (Post 4560330)
Hi Nottingham would be Ok with us,but looks like date might not be:(

Well we can do 7-8th April although this is easter weekend, plus side of this is the bank holiday on the 9th

gibbos1 Mar 25th 2007 9:00 pm

Hi Andy and Jackie,
Good idea that, try and see as much as UK before your off.

You are going to be busy then, next few weeks, where you going to settle in Canada?

I have put a few dates up on this post, so could you all let me know when is good for you, just give me some idea about dates, need dates:eek: . Could PM me or post on this thread. I am putting a list together of how's interested, where they are coming from and dates they can make it.

I have a feeling, this will be the first of many meet-ups. When we have the first date, I will post it on the Calandar in the meet up section of forum?
Cheers again,
Carl:thumbsup:

sans Mar 25th 2007 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by steved61 (Post 4560354)
Well we can do 7-8th April although this is easter weekend, plus side of this is the bank holiday on the 9th

That wkend would be great, if it falls in with majority:D

gibbos1 Mar 25th 2007 9:02 pm

Ah Easter weekend no good for me, we are going to friends for hol's.
soz:unsure:

sans Mar 25th 2007 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by gibbos1 (Post 4560376)
Ah Easter weekend no good for me, we are going to friends for hol's.
soz:unsure:

Not to worry then, cos the only other wkend for us would be the 31st march and realise thats to soon for others :)

NovaBoy Mar 25th 2007 9:26 pm

Hi all

Think the date thing is going to be a bit of a headache! Would probably prefer to keep away from the Easter weekend & bank holidays for travelling! We can make any date with some notice.

As we are coming from North Shields we would probably make a weekend of it anyway, whether we meet for a few hours or an overnight do (drinky poohs & big eats), probably stop in a Travelodge or something. Nottingham seems to be ok, pretty central.

Got a brother in Ontario, been to visit about 4 or 5 times 4/6 weeks at a time. Been over to Nova Scotia twice & fell in love with the place. Can't wait to get back!!

Just myself & wife, no kids.

Hope we can sort something out to everyone's liking.

Lonestar Mar 25th 2007 9:39 pm

[QUOTE=burton bunch;4559361]I'm easy peasy too - OH wont be there as he is in Canada - just lets make a date and a place.

Am I the only Northern would be Canuck ?

Looks like the beginnings of a cult..............you guys are so right on that this is dangerous,especially to the run up to Easter.....:rofl:

gibbos1 Mar 25th 2007 9:45 pm

Hi all,

One of the main dates that has come forward is the 28th April and Nottingham has been suggested.

stevd61 is looking into B&B's if anybody is interested in stopping over night?

We will most likly take the caravan down, so I will have a look for some sites in the area? If anybody's interested?

Let me know of anymore suggestions please,

Thanks,
Carl
We will be taking our 2 kids, well behaved on long lead;) :lol:

pinzo Mar 25th 2007 10:17 pm

Originally Posted by gibbos1 (Post 4560596)
Hi all,

One of the main dates that has come forward is the 28th April and Nottingham has been suggested.

stevd61 is looking into B&B's if anybody is interested in stopping over night?

We will most likly take the caravan down, so I will have a look for some sites in the area? If anybody's interested?

Let me know of anymore suggestions please,

Thanks,
Carl
We will be taking our 2 kids, well behaved on long lead;) :lol:

28th April & Nottingham works for me, I'll be coming on my own as there's no OH emigrating with me :( I'd probably like to stay overnight if it works out a good day/evening so if anyone else is planning on staying overnight maybe you could post the B&B/hotel you're staying at so singletons like me will know where to stay :unsure:

moonraker Mar 25th 2007 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by gibbos1 (Post 4553975)
Hi folks,
not sure where to add this post?
I am trying to arrange a canada meet up over here in UK.:

Sorry we can't be with you all on this occasion but hope to meet you all at another time. A name for the 'get together' is urgently required. Any suggestions?:confused:

Robin (The Gadget family) Mar 25th 2007 11:09 pm

Yep, we can make the weekend of 28th April. We are used to camping too so please let us know of any sites you find Carl, (gibbos1). Camping can mean no driving and plenty of space for kids to roam & play.
this sonds brill and I'm aaaallll excited!:eek:

burton bunch Mar 25th 2007 11:12 pm

Hi Carl

Sorry - we chat about arranging a meet and as I have been otherwise engaged all day haven't done anything to help you guys :o

April 28th is ok - just have to work out the logistics of it - maybe going to Lincoln for a farewell doo for one of the Oz forum I have befriended. But if it is an afternoon going into evening I could come to Nottingham and then onto to Lincoln.

My only question now is - how far is it between the two ?????

Gay
x

PS - have to come if Flossie is coming and mkmurrays (although they fly out on APril 29th)

gibbos1 Mar 26th 2007 5:45 am

Hi all,

just been asked of a few other members about another date as back or possible change? Dates put forward are !4th and the 21st April, is this any better, please post or Pm me, the date you prefer please?

I have got to go to work now, post more later to night folks.

As for name of meets, Canadian Explorers??? Any suggestions please post?

regards to all,
Carl:eek: :thumbsup:

steved61 Mar 26th 2007 6:08 am

Originally Posted by gibbos1 (Post 4561476)
Hi all,

just been asked of a few other members about another date as back or possible change? Dates put forward are !4th and the 21st April, is this any better, please post or Pm me, the date you prefer please?

I have got to go to work now, post more later to night folks.

As for name of meets, Canadian Explorers??? Any suggestions please post?

regards to all,
Carl:eek: :thumbsup:

I can't do either of those dates i am afraid 14th is my best friends daughters birthday and 21st/22nd is my sons birthday

sorry

Good name for the meet:-)

steve

burton bunch Mar 26th 2007 7:17 am

Originally Posted by steved61 (Post 4561508)
I can't do either of those dates i am afraid 14th is my best friends daughters birthday and 21st/22nd is my sons birthday

sorry

Good name for the meet:-)

steve

easy peasy - as I said will arrange to go Nottingham to lincoln so that I attend both meets

Gay
x