Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Best steak in Toronto

Best steak in Toronto

Old Apr 11th 2008, 7:16 pm
Swollen Member

geo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best steak in Toronto

Originally Posted by Mr Lee
I'm very happy to hear suggestions of other places that have as good or larger range of beers at lower cost than the Beer Bistro.
Staying in is the new going out:

http://www.beerhunter.ca/Toronto
Old Apr 11th 2008, 7:22 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

If you know of somewhere else, I'm very happy to be enlightened...this Biermarkt for example?
On the Esplanade, where the Organ Grinder used to be.
Old Apr 11th 2008, 8:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

clynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by dbd33
Next you're going to be saying that the Old Spaghetti Factory and Mr. Greenjeans are closed.
Old Apr 12th 2008, 1:23 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by clynnog
Next you're going to be saying that the Old Spaghetti Factory and Mr. Greenjeans are closed.
The Hayloft is gone too. So is Vines. If I was still the sort of person to have sex in bars I'd have nowhere to go.
Old Apr 12th 2008, 1:59 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

The Hayloft is gone too. So is Vines. If I was still the sort of person to have sex in bars I'd have nowhere to go.
Cannonball is still going strong.
Old Apr 12th 2008, 2:14 am
BE Forum Addict

clynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Cannonball is still going strong.
However, Fantasia is now condos isn't it?....boy that property could tell some stories.
Old Apr 12th 2008, 5:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Mr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond repute

Judging by their website, I'd say they seem as pretentious as the Beer Bistro.

I know this is a "steak" thread, but as some of you guys are more seasoned than I in the big city, is there anywhere that is more beer than food focused where there's a decent selection? I know there's this Canadian obsession with matching food with alcohol (sadly, working in "the industry" I know this to be the case) and heaven forbid they should ever drift apart [insert rolleyes smiley here], but I long to find somewhere that's just a drinking establishment with food as an afterthought.
Old Apr 12th 2008, 3:39 pm
Swollen Member

geo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond repute

but I long to find somewhere that's just a drinking establishment with food as an afterthought.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=528654

You're welcome.
Old Apr 12th 2008, 3:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Judging by their website, I'd say they seem as pretentious as the Beer Bistro.
Unless I'm missing something here, but I don't see the actual beer menu at that web site...I see a wine menu and a food menu, but not the focus of the place...beer. Or is the focus not beer, but posing.
Old Apr 12th 2008, 10:07 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by clynnog
Unless I'm missing something here, but I don't see the actual beer menu at that web site...I see a wine menu and a food menu, but not the focus of the place...beer. Or is the focus not beer, but posing.

The place offers a vast number of beers, not that it matters to me as I drink ESB there anyway. It's expensive, vastly pretentious and draws an unpleasant crowd. Part of the premises used to be Brandy's, a meet market with backgammon boards in the tables, the legacy of snobbery, though sadly not that of the cocaine and easy sex, seems to have passed down in the fabric of the building. It's a large place full of braying idiots so conversation is difficult. Nonetheless, it's less up itself and has better food than the Beer Bistro.