Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

best bargain ever !!!

best bargain ever !!!

Old May 31st 2011, 2:53 am
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: best bargain ever !!!

Originally Posted by Alan2005
Stealing from wal-mart eh? They probably deserve it, but it would have been more honourable if you actually had been shoplifting. At least the "stupid checkout girl" wouldn't be facing the sack then. Next time, just stick the stuff up your skirt - you'll save yourself 50c.
Old May 31st 2011, 4:05 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Far be to me to say but I fear you're all being a bit hard on Clare and I detect a slight whiff of self-rightousness. I'm not suggesting she keep the money but within global neo-liberal societies moral and ethical judgements to "Do the Right Thing" are much more murky.
Old May 31st 2011, 4:14 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Would this be the OP?

Old May 31st 2011, 4:21 am
BE Forum Addict

triumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry - I'm another "sucker" who always points out a mistake at the cash register - whether it's in my favour or not.

Most of the time I shop with my kids and just could not look them in the face if I cheated.

BTW I've had my wallet returned to me twice - it fell out of my jacket a couple of times while riding my motorbike, and people have gone out of their way to bring it to my house. Nothing was taken and they refused a reward.
Old May 31st 2011, 4:29 am
BE Enthusiast

ducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
Far be to me to say but I fear you're all being a bit hard on Clare and I detect a slight whiff of self-rightousness. I'm not suggesting she keep the money but within global neo-liberal societies moral and ethical judgements to "Do the Right Thing" are much more murky.
+1

it is Walmart for the love of
Old May 31st 2011, 4:29 am

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

I had just such a moral dilemma in this very thread. Whilst on one hand I approve of sticking it to large corporations, but on the other we have a snooty judgmental person who use phrases like "stupid little girl" about retail staff. If only she hadn't said that.
Old May 31st 2011, 4:32 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

If the same had happened to me I don't care what any of you say - i'd have took the goods and laughed all the way to the truck.

Was in Home Hardware in Edmonton the other day buying a paint pole and roller cage, I screwed the cage to the pole because I didn't grab a cart and had a pot of paint in the other hand. Lady on the checkout just scanned the pole and not the cage.

I knew what she had done and when she told me how much it was I thought, "result".

Granted not a $100 result - nor anything near but still.

I get fleeced all the time (left no end of stuff in Supermarkets forgetting to put it in trolley after its packed).

So I am in the "wrong"crowd. You win some you lose some.
Old May 31st 2011, 4:46 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alan2005
I had just such a moral dilemma in this very thread. Whilst on one hand I approve of sticking it to large corporations, but on the other we have a snooty judgmental person who use phrases like "stupid little girl" about retail staff. If only she hadn't said that.
That's absolutely right, it came across as being a little cold hearted towards the Walmart check out girl. A job I suspect that is taken out of necessity rather than aspiration.
Old May 31st 2011, 5:25 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

So I shouldnt be admitting that sometimes I write down the code for the cheap Granola in the serve yourself stuff at the supermarket, but actually use the luxury stuff??
Old May 31st 2011, 6:37 am
Glory glory Man Utd.....

leggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
So I shouldnt be admitting that sometimes I write down the code for the cheap Granola in the serve yourself stuff at the supermarket, but actually use the luxury stuff??

And I would put money on it that you're not the only one who has done that either!!
Old May 31st 2011, 7:14 am
BE Forum Addict

AlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by leggy969
And I would put money on it that you're not the only one who has done that either!!
No one claimed that the OP would be the only one to do what she did, either - just took offence at the assumption that none of us would be any different... That's just not the way I'm wired, I guess...
Old May 31st 2011, 8:19 am
BE Enthusiast

GC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond repute

Surely theft is determined by the original intent.
As there was NO intent to leave the store without paying for the items then whoever mentioned that this is tantamount to theft is talking bollocks.
As mentioned before, you win some, you lose some!
Old May 31st 2011, 1:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JamesM
2/ Money will never buy class
Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
Old May 31st 2011, 1:45 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lmartin999
hugs
Will you two get a room!?
Old May 31st 2011, 1:47 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Of course there is a whiff of self-rightousness....we have to pick up something from these cradles.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.