Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

best bargain ever !!!

best bargain ever !!!

Old May 31st 2011, 2:03 am
Forum Regular

davidsk has much to be proud ofdavidsk has much to be proud ofdavidsk has much to be proud ofdavidsk has much to be proud ofdavidsk has much to be proud ofdavidsk has much to be proud ofdavidsk has much to be proud ofdavidsk has much to be proud ofdavidsk has much to be proud ofdavidsk has much to be proud ofdavidsk has much to be proud of
Default Re: best bargain ever !!!

Last week we had a weekly shopping the first time at the Atlantic Superstore. I was shocked that it was $167 for a week grocery as in London we only spent £70 a week. So I checked my receipt and found that the leek was charged twice. I called the Superstore, the guy on the phone told me to bring the receipt on the next time shopping and they will refund.

They trust their customers and they admit their mistake sometimes! So do we as customers IMO.
Old May 31st 2011, 2:07 am
Canadians!!

Jo&Alex is a name known to allJo&Alex is a name known to allJo&Alex is a name known to allJo&Alex is a name known to allJo&Alex is a name known to allJo&Alex is a name known to allJo&Alex is a name known to allJo&Alex is a name known to allJo&Alex is a name known to allJo&Alex is a name known to allJo&Alex is a name known to all

I would think they won't even notice... Hard to believe they would have time to go through every transaction at Walmart making sure each item had been priced correctly....
Old May 31st 2011, 2:09 am
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

To the OP, finish this thread and give back the 99 buks.
Old May 31st 2011, 2:16 am

lmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by magnumpi
To the OP, finish this thread and give back the 99 buks.
+1 (never thought I would agree with numpi! You should video the return)
Old May 31st 2011, 2:19 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pinkmcfarquhar
i wouldn't have thought they would get sacked for that .
Not necessarily for that alone - although there are always people who have it in for someone. Or a bully. It could easily lead to a row and snowball from there.

But there may have been a situation where someone had been given the benefit of the doubt and they don't get it this time.

Or maybe they have made mistakes (as we all do) and were on a warning.

Of course maybe the person responsible was useless. Either way I still wouldn't want my good fortune (knowing I was in the wrong for saying nothing) to be the trigger.

Remember that Walmart is a store where people have been sacked for really minor stuff.
Old May 31st 2011, 2:22 am

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lmartin999
+1 (never thought I would agree with numpi! You should video the return)

Ha ha that is soooo fkin unreal you, i frikin never agree with anything you post, but i found this. And i agree. Ohhh my head hurts now, i left my domain...LOL

You know now though and it's not really about Walmart going bust or not IMO. If you feel ok about (and even proud of) it, then I guess that's up to you. Just feels a bit tacky to me, especially the making of excuses. However, not my business.
Old May 31st 2011, 2:31 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by clairemarie70
i had brought other items so i didnt notice until i had got home..and i dont care what any of you say you would not have gone back and claimed u had been under charged...and shoplifting is when u leave the shop without paying which is not what we did as we spent $280.
1. I would have noticed being undercharged that amount.
2. I would have gone back if I were stupid enough not to notice.
3. If you don't check your bills, what would you have done if you noticed when you got home that they had overcharged you?

I'm guessing the responses you got were not quite what you were expecting? Do the decent thing.
Old May 31st 2011, 2:37 am
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Two things:

1/ Karma is a bitch

and

2/ Money will never buy class
Old May 31st 2011, 2:41 am
Meh

GavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jo&Alex
I would think they won't even notice... Hard to believe they would have time to go through every transaction at Walmart making sure each item had been priced correctly....
It'll automatically come up on the daily/weekly variance report. Funny things computers, show up any errors you make.
Old May 31st 2011, 2:42 am

lmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by magnumpi
Ha ha that is soooo fkin unreal you, i frikin never agree with anything you post, but i found this. And i agree. Ohhh my head hurts now, i left my domain...LOL

You know now though and it's not really about Walmart going bust or not IMO. If you feel ok about (and even proud of) it, then I guess that's up to you. Just feels a bit tacky to me, especially the making of excuses. However, not my business.
hugs
Old May 31st 2011, 2:43 am
Meh

GavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud of

..stupid little girl on the till..so that was our bargain..has anyone else had such luck
Stupid little girl, eh? Nice attitude. Man up and pay the difference.
Old May 31st 2011, 2:46 am
BE Forum Addict

AlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond repute

..and i dont care what any of you say you would not have gone back and claimed u had been under charged...
Utter bollox!

If it makes you feel better, continue with that delusion but I certainly would have gone back as I believe that theft is wrong.

Smaller in scale, but only last week I went back into the supermarket when I checked my receipt and found that somehow the cashier had scanned through a single tin of tuna when I'd actually purchased a complete tray of them. Yes, for sure, I could have just kept quiet, but I wouldn't (and didn't) because I have better morals than to do that...
Old May 31st 2011, 2:48 am

Originally Posted by GavinR
Stupid little girl, eh? Nice attitude. Man up and pay the difference.
Echoooooooooo +1
Old May 31st 2011, 2:49 am

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

i had brought other items so i didnt notice until i had got home..and i dont care what any of you say you would not have gone back and claimed u had been under charged...and shoplifting is when u leave the shop without paying which is not what we did as we spent $280.
Stealing from wal-mart eh? They probably deserve it, but it would have been more honourable if you actually had been shoplifting. At least the "stupid checkout girl" wouldn't be facing the sack then. Next time, just stick the stuff up your skirt - you'll save yourself 50c.
Old May 31st 2011, 2:53 am
Canadians!!

Jo&Alex is a name known to allJo&Alex is a name known to allJo&Alex is a name known to allJo&Alex is a name known to allJo&Alex is a name known to allJo&Alex is a name known to allJo&Alex is a name known to allJo&Alex is a name known to allJo&Alex is a name known to allJo&Alex is a name known to allJo&Alex is a name known to all

Originally Posted by GavinR
It'll automatically come up on the daily/weekly variance report. Funny things computers, show up any errors you make.
I was thinking they must have a way of stopping their employees from selling things for pennies to friends... A variance report...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.