Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Anyone heard from Mississauga

Anyone heard from Mississauga

Old Mar 29th 2006, 11:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone heard from Mississauga

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
Don't worry about it - ours was 2wks 6days, "sat" on a barstool in Snappy Snaps, adult hands all over him holding his head and body up... it was fine. We'd previously asked the High Commission in London about hands and got an okay on that. I don't think the Canadian photo regs are as strict as the new UK ones, and even they seem to have backed down a bit for really young babies - see link .

We're thinking of doing our own - lying him down on a sheet of white card and doing it that way.

Best get a move on though!

Biiiiink - you said about getting a temporary passport for the baby in a previous post, whilst waiting for the citizenship to arrive.
Can you remember how long that took to come through?

We've set ourselves a landing date of mid-June. Have we left it too late?
Old Mar 29th 2006, 11:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mr Lee
Biiiiink - you said about getting a temporary passport for the baby in a previous post, whilst waiting for the citizenship to arrive.
I don't remember but going by the date of issue of the passport and the age he was we did his photos, it must have taken 4wks. This was 2003 though, not sure how that compares with recent processing times.
Old Mar 30th 2006, 5:30 am
Forum Regular

VCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really nice

Originally Posted by Mr Lee
We're thinking of doing our own - lying him down on a sheet of white card and doing it that way.

Best get a move on though!

We've set ourselves a landing date of mid-June. Have we left it too late?

My husband's just got his Canadian passport back this week, 10 days after sending off the application. Pretty quick!

re the photos, I took my baby to a photo shop and they laid her on the floor and took the photo that way - probably a lot easier than doing it yourself.

I'm planning take my daughters over on their british passports when I make my landing trip - does anyone know if that will be a problem? My husband (sponsor) will be on his Canadian passport. (The kids are Canadian citizens through their father)

V
Old Mar 30th 2006, 1:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by VCox
My husband's just got his Canadian passport back this week, 10 days after sending off the application. Pretty quick!

re the photos, I took my baby to a photo shop and they laid her on the floor and took the photo that way - probably a lot easier than doing it yourself.

I'm planning take my daughters over on their british passports when I make my landing trip - does anyone know if that will be a problem? My husband (sponsor) will be on his Canadian passport. (The kids are Canadian citizens through their father)

V
That *is* quick!!! Wow!!! I wonder if it takes slightly longer for a temporary child one as I presume there's a quick check that the parent is indeed a Canadian citizen before issuing it...don't know, just guessing.

I don't think there's a problem travelling on a UK passport if you're a dual national - Andrew Miller said recently in the other forum it was compulsory to enter Canada on a Canadian passport if you're a citizen but I'm certain that's wrong. I can't find anything about that and he couldn't show me that point in law. I think Canada "strongly advises" all citizens to travel on their Canadian passport, but then the UK does the same, so you can't win whichever passport you travel on I'd take their citizenship certificates with you and declare them as citizens when you get to immigration, and be ready to explain why they're using a British passport.

My brother is visiting here in June on his UK passport, he's too mean to get a Canadian one as well, so I'd be interested to hear how it goes with you so I can pass on any info to him
Old Mar 30th 2006, 2:01 pm
Forum Regular

VCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really nice

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
That *is* quick!!! Wow!!! I wonder if it takes slightly longer for a temporary child one as I presume there's a quick check that the parent is indeed a Canadian citizen before issuing it...don't know, just guessing.

I don't think there's a problem travelling on a UK passport if you're a dual national - Andrew Miller said recently in the other forum it was compulsory to enter Canada on a Canadian passport if you're a citizen but I'm certain that's wrong. I can't find anything about that and he couldn't show me that point in law. I think Canada "strongly advises" all citizens to travel on their Canadian passport, but then the UK does the same, so you can't win whichever passport you travel on I'd take their citizenship certificates with you and declare them as citizens when you get to immigration, and be ready to explain why they're using a British passport.

My brother is visiting here in June on his UK passport, he's too mean to get a Canadian one as well, so I'd be interested to hear how it goes with you so I can pass on any info to him

Hi Biiink, yes I remember Andrew's comments - that's what prompted me to get the new Canadian passport for my husband. I'll have a look at that thread again and see if he said anything about the children's passports. They haven't got citizenship certs yet though. I was planning to get temporary passports for when we go permanently but am hoping their UK ones will do for the landing trip.

My husband has visited Canada on his uk passport several times in the last 4 years since his canadian one expired. Never had any problems or any questions or comments at passport control (even though he has an obvious canadian accent). I'll let you know how we get on at landing (not even got PPR yet but fingers crossed it'll be soon...)

V
Old Mar 30th 2006, 3:30 pm
Forum Regular

Island_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud of

Hubby picked up his passport with visa today from CHC ....woohoo
we will be booking his flight this weekend now finally we are within sight of the end of the process... he will be landing in Vancouver hopefully May 3rd....will be doing some serious celebrating this weekend

Now just the stress of packing...shipping...what to bring...what to get rid of it...saying good bye to family and freinds... is gonna be a busy next couple of weeks

Island Girl
Old Mar 30th 2006, 5:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

britishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Island_Girl
we will be booking his flight this weekend now finally we are within sight of the end of the process... he will be landing in Vancouver hopefully May 3rd....will be doing some serious celebrating this weekend

Now just the stress of packing...shipping...what to bring...what to get rid of it...saying good bye to family and freinds... is gonna be a busy next couple of weeks

Island Girl
Congrats Island, i know what you mean about the stress its never ending LOL. what does his visa look like? is it all shiny and new? I cant wait for mine to get back I feel like ive lost a child and I certainly dont trust Royal Mail!!!
Old Mar 30th 2006, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

Island_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by britishvixen21
Congrats Island, i know what you mean about the stress its never ending LOL. what does his visa look like? is it all shiny and new? I cant wait for mine to get back I feel like ive lost a child and I certainly dont trust Royal Mail!!!
Thanks British Vixen
Have not seen it yet as I am here in BC and hubby is in London but he will show it to me this weekend on the web cam he was amazed it was a whole page and not just a stamp. I told him to guard it with his life until he lands

I am so excited once we book his ticket this weekend I can start the count down in actual days until he comes home

Island Girl
Old Mar 30th 2006, 9:24 pm
Kelly

kellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to all

Island Girl
Congratulations.

Wow they were quick at London weren't they?

Enjoy your weekend.

Drew
Old Mar 31st 2006, 10:29 am
Forum Regular

Thanks British Vixen
Have not seen it yet as I am here in BC and hubby is in London but he will show it to me this weekend on the web cam he was amazed it was a whole page and not just a stamp. I told him to guard it with his life until he lands

I am so excited once we book his ticket this weekend I can start the count down in actual days until he comes home

Island Girl
Great news Island! It must be extra special for you with you and hubby being apart - I bet you can't wait for him to get over there.

Enjoy celebrating this weekend

V
Old Mar 31st 2006, 3:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by VCox
Great news Island! It must be extra special for you with you and hubby being apart - I bet you can't wait for him to get over there.

Enjoy celebrating this weekend

V
Thanks VCox

I am so excited we have not seen each other since Christmas it was hard to see him get on the plane to go back to UK. It is going to be so wonderful to meet him at the airport and know that this time he is here to stay

the next few weeks can not go by fast enough...definitely be doing a happy dance when he lands.

I hope London is quick for everyone else they seem to be really ploughing through the files I am sure the rest of you will get some good news soon and we can all sit back and enjoy a nice Canadian summer

Island Girl
Old Mar 31st 2006, 3:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Thanks VCox

I am so excited we have not seen each other since Christmas it was hard to see him get on the plane to go back to UK. It is going to be so wonderful to meet him at the airport and know that this time he is here to stay

the next few weeks can not go by fast enough...definitely be doing a happy dance when he lands.

I hope London is quick for everyone else they seem to be really ploughing through the files I am sure the rest of you will get some good news soon and we can all sit back and enjoy a nice Canadian summer

Island Girl
Congrats to you! You will love the summers on the island!
Old Mar 31st 2006, 4:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

jerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,
Just an up date on us,
After a few weeks of almost continuous family downers ....
Our application that was returned to us on 13/3, was slowly filled with paperwork researches, copies of e mails etc ..
And sent back to mississuaga on the 24/3,
On e-cas , received by them on the 29/3 and decision made on the 30/3 , we are now awaiting a letter from them.
Presumably the ' proof of intent to move ' was either enough, or they had a good laugh and sent it all back ....
Fingers crossed ...
Good luck to all
cheers
Jerry
Old Mar 31st 2006, 4:46 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jerry brewer
Hi All,
Just an up date on us,
After a few weeks of almost continuous family downers ....
Our application that was returned to us on 13/3, was slowly filled with paperwork researches, copies of e mails etc ..
And sent back to mississuaga on the 24/3,
On e-cas , received by them on the 29/3 and decision made on the 30/3 , we are now awaiting a letter from them.
Presumably the ' proof of intent to move ' was either enough, or they had a good laugh and sent it all back ....
Fingers crossed ...
Good luck to all
cheers
Jerry

I am sure it is all good and letter will be positive you application is most likely on its way to London...similar think happened to us once they received the requested info they sent our application the next day to London and it took only just over 5 weeks once London received it to passport request...karma sent to you hang in there.

Island Girl
Old Mar 31st 2006, 6:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

britishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond repute

jerry,

IM sure it is a good decision let us know as soon as you know!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.