Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Anyone heard from Mississauga

Anyone heard from Mississauga

Old Mar 28th 2006, 5:28 pm
Forum Regular

Mystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really nice
Default Re: Anyone heard from Mississauga

Originally Posted by kellydrew
Congratulations to both Mystic kazaa and Mr. Lee
Trouble is now you have to go through the whole thing again at London
Have you paid your permanent residency fees up front coz that should help to speed it up for you- apparently!!!
Keep smiling and hey you never know tomorrow could bring good news.

Good luck

Kelly
Cheers Kelly'

everything is paid up front and ready to go.

At least we know that this is the first hurdle out of the way. We have decided to just take it as it comes along, our house on the market in the next couple of months and hopefully be there before the winter sets in!!

Good luck to you too.

Phil
Old Mar 28th 2006, 5:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

britishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations to you both! its been too long a wait, the good news is that London are a lot faster.

Its great that you plan to spend the summer doing touristy things, I cant wait to go back to blighty in May and see all the things I should have done while I lived there and never did, Mr Vixen demanded we go to Tower of London something I walked past every day for 5 years while working in the city but never stepped into.

Congrats again to you both lots and lots of tonight!!
Old Mar 28th 2006, 6:56 pm
Kelly

kellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to all

Originally Posted by britishvixen21
Congratulations to you both! its been too long a wait, the good news is that London are a lot faster.

Its great that you plan to spend the summer doing touristy things, I cant wait to go back to blighty in May and see all the things I should have done while I lived there and never did, Mr Vixen demanded we go to Tower of London something I walked past every day for 5 years while working in the city but never stepped into.

Congrats again to you both lots and lots of tonight!!
Hey Vix

Is it you or your old man who's Canadian?

Drew

PS Leafs have blown it I think!!! :scared:
Old Mar 28th 2006, 8:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

britishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Vix

Is it you or your old man who's Canadian?

Drew

PS Leafs have blown it I think!!! :scared:
Its the old man who a canuck, im a born and bred basildon girl LOL and yeah I think they have we watched the game the other night with shame oh well we can all dream.
Old Mar 29th 2006, 2:41 pm
Kelly

kellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to all

Originally Posted by VCox
Drew

Don't panic! My understanding (and someone please correct me if I'm wrong)is that if they're still processing it then they'll ask you for a new medical if it expires before they issue the visa.

What I was clarifying was that if they issue the visa and you don't land before the medical expires, then you can't just go and get another medical/police checks done to rectify the situation. In short, visas can't be extended.

For some reason that didn't dawn on me until recently. So in your case if you get your visa in April, you need to get across there quick and land before your medical expires in May.

Sorry if I caused you to panic. Hope things speed up for you and that you hear something soon. Can't be much longer now...

V
V and anyone else who can advise.

If I were to receive my visa before my medical expires in May, would I have to land in Canada. If I didn't would I have to start again from scratch. Is that correct? If I did land, could I then return while we sold the house etc? Bloody hell the speed they've done Covs and Vixens it wouldn't surprise me if I didn't have mine for May :scared:

Cheers

Drew
Old Mar 29th 2006, 3:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

If I were to receive my visa before my medical expires in May, would I have to land in Canada. If I didn't would I have to start again from scratch. Is that correct? If I did land, could I then return while we sold the house etc? Bloody hell the speed they've done Covs and Vixens it wouldn't surprise me if I didn't have mine for May :scared:

Cheers

Drew
Hey Drew,

Yes you would have to land before medicals expire otherwise you would have to start from scractch, however you can land for a day and come back and sell the house no problem, With it getting so tight they may ask you to do meds again. But I wouldnt be suprised either if you get through before then, the only thing is waiting for teh passport to come back, mine said 30 business days.
Old Mar 29th 2006, 3:43 pm
Forum Regular

VCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really nice

Cheers

Drew
Hi Drew, as Vix said you do have to land before the medical expires but you can come back to sort out your affairs. I'm hoping to land and come back here to have baby, sell house etc.

I hope they don't ask you to re-do medical though if it gets a bit close - would be interesting to know what the official "rules" are on that one.

Hopefully if everything goes smoothly from now on then you should have the visa before May. Just be ready to jet off to Canada at short notice!

V
Old Mar 29th 2006, 3:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi Drew, as Vix said you do have to land before the medical expires but you can come back to sort out your affairs. I'm hoping to land and come back here to have baby, sell house etc.

I hope they don't ask you to re-do medical though if it gets a bit close - would be interesting to know what the official "rules" are on that one.

Hopefully if everything goes smoothly from now on then you should have the visa before May. Just be ready to jet off to Canada at short notice!

V
Hey V I keep meaning to ask you, will the baby automatically become a citizen or will you have to sponsor the baby?
Old Mar 29th 2006, 3:55 pm
Forum Regular

VCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really nice

Originally Posted by britishvixen21
Hey V I keep meaning to ask you, will the baby automatically become a citizen or will you have to sponsor the baby?

Will automatically be a citizen cos the father's Canadian. I need to apply for a Citizenship Certificate in due course but for now if I don't land before he's born all I need to do is tell CIC and send copy of birth certificate. Apparently it doesn't change anything re my visa, so not sure why I have to tell them ?

V
Old Mar 29th 2006, 5:13 pm
Kelly

Will automatically be a citizen cos the father's Canadian. I need to apply for a Citizenship Certificate in due course but for now if I don't land before he's born all I need to do is tell CIC and send copy of birth certificate. Apparently it doesn't change anything re my visa, so not sure why I have to tell them ?

V
Vix and V. Ta for the replies. It's as I thought.
Anyway V we applied for Kell's kid's Canadian Citizen Certificates and they took about 6 months to receive them.
Off out now to celebrate as I'm officially a member of the old gits club today. That's 40 :scared: in case you were wondering.

Thanks again

Drew
Old Mar 29th 2006, 8:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond repute

Anyway V we applied for Kell's kid's Canadian Citizen Certificates and they took about 6 months to receive them.
Off out now to celebrate as I'm officially a member of the old gits club today. That's 40 :scared: in case you were wondering.

Thanks again

Drew

We've got a similar dilemma. Our little boy is now just over a month old so the application for his Canadian citizenship is sat waiting to be posted. We have to sort out photos though. Anybody any ideas on how to get a 1 month old to sit still, look straight at the camera and keep their eyes open and mouth shut in a passport photo booth in Sainsbury's?
Old Mar 29th 2006, 8:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Mr Lee
We've got a similar dilemma. Our little boy is now just over a month old so the application for his Canadian citizenship is sat waiting to be posted. We have to sort out photos though. Anybody any ideas on how to get a 1 month old to sit still, look straight at the camera and keep their eyes open and mouth shut in a passport photo booth in Sainsbury's?
LMFAO I can just see that!! plenty of change I guess and patience of a saint! and maybe some before you go?
Old Mar 29th 2006, 8:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mr Lee
Don't worry about it - ours was 2wks 6days, "sat" on a barstool in Snappy Snaps, adult hands all over him holding his head and body up... it was fine. We'd previously asked the High Commission in London about hands and got an okay on that. I don't think the Canadian photo regs are as strict as the new UK ones, and even they seem to have backed down a bit for really young babies - see link .
Old Mar 29th 2006, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks again

Drew
Happy Birthday Drew! Hope you don't have too much of a hangover in the morning

When did you apply for the citizenship certs? Somebody told me about 6 months ago that they're taking 18 months to process - anybody know if that's accurate?

V
Old Mar 29th 2006, 10:01 pm
Kelly

Happy Birthday Drew! Hope you don't have too much of a hangover in the morning

When did you apply for the citizenship certs? Somebody told me about 6 months ago that they're taking 18 months to process - anybody know if that's accurate?

V
Hey V, and surprsingly I'm quite coherent. The missus(Kelly) said we were going out for a quiet meal and when we got to the restaraunt there was all my family and friends. Well cool as my kids would say

Anyhow thanks for the sentiment. Re: Canadian citizenship: We applied in March 05. We got word in June that they had been sent to Sydney NS for processing, and we received them around Christmas time 05. Hope this helps

Think I'll have a nightcap

Drew

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.