Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Of all countries,why move to Canada?

Of all countries,why move to Canada?

Old May 7th 2007, 8:03 pm
Thinking the unthinkable.

Madmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Of all countries,why move to Canada?

Originally Posted by steve666
OH $HIT!!!!! I meant Ibiza, not Canada!!
Too late...
Do you mean Ibiza is shit or as in "Damn, I could have saved all my money and remaining hair and just booked a fortnight in the med rather than sold my financial security for the nebulous hope of a better life in Nature's deep freeze."?????

Come on Steve - I want to know!!
Old May 7th 2007, 8:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madmac
Do you mean Ibiza is shit or as in "Damn, I could have saved all my money and remaining hair and just booked a fortnight in the med rather than sold my financial security for the nebulous hope of a better life in Nature's deep freeze."?????

Come on Steve - I want to know!!
OK, the latter. Actually, both...

HAPPY NOW!

OH MY GOD WHAT HAVE I DONE!!
Old May 7th 2007, 8:52 pm

Madmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond repute

OK, the latter. Actually, both...

HAPPY NOW!

OH MY GOD WHAT HAVE I DONE!!
God cannot help you now Steve - Welcome to the Dark Side............or maybe it's just a heavier shade of red
Old May 7th 2007, 9:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute

God cannot help you now Steve - Welcome to the Dark Side............or maybe it's just a heavier shade of red

Attached Thumbnails Of all countries,why move to Canada?-dark.jpg  
Old May 8th 2007, 4:07 pm

You're screwed!
Old May 8th 2007, 4:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

You're screwed!
Och aye, well and trewly.
Old May 8th 2007, 9:44 pm
Account Closed

BC Hopefuls is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by YankeemovingAbroad

I read these threads and I'm very impressed by how bold/brave many of the people who strike out and move to different countries.I sometime wonder what their ages are.I wonder if many of them are past the age of 40-45? ....................... I question if immigrating is something best meant for a younger person in their 20's or early 30's.I'm in my early 40's .

We are mid 40s and 60!!!!!!!! Second childhood
Old May 8th 2007, 9:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by BC Hopefuls
We are mid 40s and 60!!!!!!!! Second childhood
Youngsters!!!!
Old May 8th 2007, 9:53 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by neill
The fact of the matter is, you can't just live out in the 'wilderness' in Canada, unless you are willing to put up with a lot of inconveniences.

"The Country" living in the UK is pseudo-urban convenient. "Country" living in Canada is living with well water, 1 hour trip to the mall, limited cellphone coverage, so on and so forth....
Inconveniences or just getting organised for that lifestyle? Big deep freeze for monthly grocery shopping. Generator for when the power fails, and a huge supply of dried/tinned food. We have no need to leave the house if we are snowed in for a week or longer. It becomes your normal way of life. Is the Robson valley wilderness???

1 hour trip would still leave me 1 1/2 hours from the mall Perfect, I hate shopping

I have been more inconvenieiced by sitting on the M25 for 2 1/2 hours every night. Getting home after 11pm when there is a major crash :curse:
Old May 8th 2007, 9:54 pm
Account Closed

Youngsters!!!!
We're working on it
Old May 8th 2007, 9:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by BC Hopefuls
We're working on it
New half century, new life.
Old May 8th 2007, 10:16 pm
Forum Regular

rain426 will become famous soon enoughrain426 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by neill
I like this statement -- this should give all those intending to move to Canada an idea of what they can really expect when they need to work, send their kids to school, etc.

The fact of the matter is, you can't just live out in the 'wilderness' in Canada, unless you are willing to put up with a lot of inconveniences.

"The Country" living in the UK is pseudo-urban convenient. "Country" living in Canada is living with well water, 1 hour trip to the mall, limited cellphone coverage, so on and so forth....
Sounds good to me! Well water doesn't bother me. It takes me an hour to drive the 16 miles home from work every night at the moment, and I can't even remember the last time I went to a mall-type place. Sometime in '98 I think. And cellphones? HA! I never had one for about 4 years. Only have one now because I need it for work. It gets thrown on the shelf and forgotten about when I get home

I am looking forward to the freezing winters. Nothing worse than hot weather and drizzle.

Oh, and I am 33, and in my entire life have never ever been to a nightclub. I only used to go to the pub with my friends because I don't drink and the layabouts were too poor to afford a taxi home. Gits.

Am I a bit weird? Probably. Do I care? Certainly not!
Old May 8th 2007, 11:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

loafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant future

Damn this is good stuff, you could write a book,i cant comment at the mo but will let you know later if i get there this year...
LOAFY...
Old May 9th 2007, 11:15 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rain426
Sounds good to me! Well water doesn't bother me. It takes me an hour to drive the 16 miles home from work every night at the moment, and I can't even remember the last time I went to a mall-type place. Sometime in '98 I think. And cellphones? HA! I never had one for about 4 years. Only have one now because I need it for work. It gets thrown on the shelf and forgotten about when I get home
What about lack of internet?
Old May 9th 2007, 12:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

loafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by dbd33
What about lack of internet?
What no internet how will i get my shopping now, no no i will survive i'll just have to get off my fat a__ and go there never know could be an adventure LOL.
LOAFY...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.