Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Of all countries,why move to Canada?

Of all countries,why move to Canada?

Old May 4th 2007, 5:57 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Of all countries,why move to Canada?

Originally Posted by neill
I like this statement -- this should give all those intending to move to Canada an idea of what they can really expect when they need to work, send their kids to school, etc.

The fact of the matter is, you can't just live out in the 'wilderness' in Canada, unless you are willing to put up with a lot of inconveniences.

"The Country" living in the UK is pseudo-urban convenient. "Country" living in Canada is living with well water, 1 hour trip to the mall, limited cellphone coverage, so on and so forth....
How is living with well water an inconvenience? I'd rate needing a tractor to get the car to the road a bigger problem.

Still, your general point is a good one. I pass lots of places that are similar to country life in the UK, rural houses with a bit of land, within an hour of a major city but they all cost well over a million bucks. They're not an option for working people.

Last edited by dbd33; May 4th 2007 at 6:03 pm.
Old May 4th 2007, 6:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

walkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to behold

ive just seen a fantastic house in ontairio athttp://homes.point2.com/CA/Ontairio/...al-Estate.aspx 0nly £97,483.32
Old May 4th 2007, 6:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Liana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really nice

Originally Posted by dbd33
How is living with well water an inconvenience? I'd rate needing a tractor to get the car to the road a bigger problem.
Isn't it a problem if not enough rain etc. Perhaps you have a well and know how good it is though?
Old May 4th 2007, 6:05 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by walkerv05
ive just seen a fantastic house in ontairio athttp://homes.point2.com/CA/Ontairio/...al-Estate.aspx 0nly £97,483.32
The link is dead. Have you an mls number?
Old May 4th 2007, 6:09 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by Liana
Isn't it a problem if not enough rain etc. Perhaps you have a well and know how good it is though?
We do have a well and, yes, it could dry up or become polluted. In the city, we had no water pressure and the water smelled bad all the time. The city water would be unavailable for half a day several times a year while work was done. All in all I'd say the inconvenience is different but equal.
Old May 4th 2007, 6:12 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Found it. The problem with Windsor is, of course, finding work.
Old May 4th 2007, 6:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

walkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by dbd33
The link is dead. Have you an mls number?
the web site is point2 homes im looking at it now, theres a nice house in forest glade, Windsor ontairio, just put it in their search, sorry i dont know what a mls number is?
Old May 4th 2007, 7:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

britishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond repute

the web site is point2 homes im looking at it now, theres a nice house in forest glade, Windsor ontairio, just put it in their search, sorry i dont know what a mls number is?
Do you intend to work in Windsor, do you have jobs lined up?
Old May 4th 2007, 10:10 pm
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by YankeemovingAbroad
Canada is so spread out that many people compare living there to the old frontier days when north America was being settled.
so in other words this is you. sorry but this is a crap thread, unfortunetly the brits who don't live in castles are unable to move into one, or a lighthouse, or a chocolate box cottage in the lake district, and no, i don't know the queen.
how stereotypical a post, and how ironic, i bet you are moving to get away from all the things you are questioning here. look up irony, i know you don't get it in USA, its not like bronzy or steely.
Old May 4th 2007, 10:57 pm
Thinking the unthinkable.

Madmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond repute

Is it me or does the OP's post smell distinctly of Troll bait??

Mmmm.....Mmmm.....just asking sweeties.
Old May 5th 2007, 11:40 am
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madmac
Is it me or does the OP's post smell distinctly of Troll bait??

Mmmm.....Mmmm.....just asking sweeties.
Nah, it's your severe paranoid delusionalism getting the better of you.

I did consider putting my penny's worth in at one point but then I don't think the poster really gives a rat's arse what I say. Mind you I don't think anyone gives a rat's arse what I say.

dbd made a few first-rate and provocative points during the thread, so overall I'd say the poster did a good job. Admirable stuff.
Old May 5th 2007, 1:03 pm
Banned

Location: Orlando,Florida,living in Buckinghamshire for next 6 weeks.
YankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond repute

Some interesting opinions even the ones that demonstrated a lack of trust in just a honest question.I personally like Canada and the people are the best.That weather might be the deal breaker for me.Got tired of the cold climate in Jersey so Canada's winters would more than likely run me out of there.
Old May 7th 2007, 5:28 am
Bring on the snow!

Rob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond repute

Some interesting opinions even the ones that demonstrated a lack of trust in just a honest question.I personally like Canada and the people are the best.That weather might be the deal breaker for me.Got tired of the cold climate in Jersey so Canada's winters would more than likely run me out of there.
Vancouver winters are notoriously harsh, don't know how we cope.....
Old May 7th 2007, 4:37 pm
Thinking the unthinkable.

Madmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond repute

Oh don't take it personally - I hate everyone and Steve666 is completely correct in assuming I am delusionally paranoid because the voices are talking to me. Yes they are.

Why move to Canada? - We were bored and in a weak moment (lasting approx 7 months) we filled in a whole shed load of forms, gave away copious amounts of cash and agreed to be part of the brain drain to this frozen land.

It was either that or book another two weeks in Ibiza.
Old May 7th 2007, 6:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madmac

It was either that or book another two weeks in Ibiza.
OH $HIT!!!!! I meant Ibiza, not Canada!!
Too late...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.