Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

"You vill take your AZ vaccine and you vill like it!!" Colonel Klink

"You vill take your AZ vaccine and you vill like it!!" Colonel Klink

Old May 29th 2021, 1:53 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "You vill take your AZ vaccine and you vill like it!!" Colonel Klink

Originally Posted by abner View Post
Let's be clear here.

You put in your own inflammatory characterisation of a serious disease, and attributed those comments to somebody else.

You were called out for doing so, and later admitted that you had.

Really, what credibility do you have left in commenting on the topic?
So, pedantic it is (but I do suspect also in you head only

No, I did not - and I've made that very clear. Whether you choose to accept that is your issue only

Let's be clear here

I posted a link to your post that you didn't like (for whatever bizarre reason) and decided to get arsey about it

In a nutshell basically
Old May 29th 2021, 9:08 am
BE Enthusiast

tomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "You vill take your AZ vaccine and you vill like it!!" Colonel Klink

MIt’s interesting your daughter had to have the AZ jab, is that because of other side affects from the other vaccines? Hope she is feeling better. My daughter is epileptic and hasn’t had her jab yet here in Australia, there is a reason for that, I’ll ask her what the advice is here, be interesting if it’s the same.

This should have been a reply to moneypenny, my iPad seems to be playing up

Last edited by tomar; May 29th 2021 at 9:11 am.
Old May 31st 2021, 7:44 am
BE Enthusiast

abner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu View Post
So, pedantic it is (but I do suspect also in you head only

No, I did not - and I've made that very clear. Whether you choose to accept that is your issue only

Let's be clear here

In a nutshell basically
Well, that's all very clear then, isn't it?
Old May 31st 2021, 7:55 am
BE Enthusiast

abner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu View Post
I posted a link to your post that you didn't like (for whatever bizarre reason) and decided to get arsey about it.
There was also this part, but I couldn't decide why you "decided to get arsey about it", or even what that would mean, so I decided that it's best to leave you to explain it...

Old May 31st 2021, 8:13 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

There was also this part, but I couldn't decide why you "decided to get arsey about it", or even what that would mean, so I decided that it's best to leave you to explain it...
You know what it means really but Urban Dictionary is your friend:
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=arsey
Old May 31st 2021, 8:16 am
Proudly Deplorable

Well, that's all very clear then, isn't it?
I suggest that you read the site rules - specifically 18
Old May 31st 2021, 8:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 View Post
Anyone who says they would rather take their chances with COVID than a vaccine is idiotic.
Once again, it's not about access to "a" vaccine, but the right one. The AZ vaccine isn't it.

And the worst part about the Australian government's over-reliance on the AZ vaccine is not just that it's the least efficacious and least safe one, but it's that they'll try to lock you into it for all future injections, it you accept the first one.

[QUOTE] You disagree, that's your right. [/QUOTE|
You're goddamn right it is.

PS: And it's worth noting, once again, that the only Oz govt vaccine purchase so far made and geared towards being a "new-variant booster" is with Moderna (10M base shots, 15M booster shots) Neither one actually approved with the TGA mind you, and no official path from an initial jab of AZ or Pfizer, to an eventual Moderna booster.

Last edited by abner; May 31st 2021 at 9:41 am.
Old May 31st 2021, 10:17 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

I had my 1st AZ a couple of weeks ago, no reaction. The wife had hers the week before and had a bit of nausea and a headache a couple of days later. My folks are in their 80's and both had AZ in the U,K.
Old May 31st 2021, 10:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cresta57 View Post
I had my 1st AZ a couple of weeks ago, no reaction. The wife had hers the week before and had a bit of nausea and a headache a couple of days later. My folks are in their 80's and both had AZ in the U,K.
Well done. Another notch against the nay sayers
Old May 31st 2021, 11:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Once again, it's not about access to "a" vaccine, but the right one. The AZ vaccine isn't it.

And the worst part about the Australian government's over-reliance on the AZ vaccine is not just that it's the least efficacious and least safe one, but it's that they'll try to lock you into it for all future injections, it you accept the first one.

You disagree, that's your right.
You're goddamn right it is.

PS: And it's worth noting, once again, that the only Oz govt vaccine purchase so far made and geared towards being a "new-variant booster" is with Moderna (10M base shots, 15M booster shots) Neither one actually approved with the TGA mind you, and no official path from an initial jab of AZ or Pfizer, to an eventual Moderna booster.
You clearly don't get it. What the world ordered 6 months ago, to what the world is taking now, to what the world will be favouring next year is a moving target. Man seriously - 1 and a half years ago no one had heard of Covid 19. This is far from a perfect science yet but we need to do and take what we can to get to herd immunity now. Not next year. Not in 3 years time. If people like you think about yourself and no one else, then this stuff spreads, and could end up in the nursing home of your parents. Get a grip.

Australia has not put all its eggs in an AZ basket, but it spread the load, AZ was easiest to get and most importantly can be made in Australia where the others can't. At the time, we had no idea what supply would be like, it made perfect sense and still does to use AZ.

It's not about whether you want to have the best immunity, it's about herd immunity, restricting the virus movement so it has no where to go. No vaccine has a 100% guarantee to stop the contraction and transmission of the virus, but at various effective rates the over a population the virus can be squeezed as long as everyone plays a part.

Man get a grip and stop thinking all about you.
Old Jun 1st 2021, 3:20 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

The Astra Zeneca vaccine has already saved tens of thousands of lives in the UK alone, ending the appalling post-Christmas wave and more.

Just saying. Excuse the interruption.
Old Jun 1st 2021, 4:27 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

The situation in Australia is a entirely different to what's going on in the UK. This discussion on this area of BE is in relation to Australian residents' vaccination options here in Australia.
Old Jun 1st 2021, 4:36 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz View Post
Victorians are swamping vaccine centres. Nothing like a bit of Covid fear to promote a bit of vaccining. Kind of a kin to recently where the fear mongering was promoting anti AZ. A few more outbreaks and our vaxxing numbers should be well up there.
The lockdown we had to have!
Old Jun 1st 2021, 4:44 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

If you start off with AZ, are you stuck with AZ all the way?
No it's only the 2 doses, I don't think you can have much more then 2 does of that vaccine because your body build up immunity to the actual virus used in the vaccine
Old Jun 1st 2021, 9:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cresta57 View Post
Pleased to hear it, glad it worked out so far for you and yours.
My folks are also in their 80's, in Canada, and received Pfizer shots instead. They feature prominently among those counseling me to hold out for non-AZ options in Australia.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.