Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

"You vill take your AZ vaccine and you vill like it!!" Colonel Klink

"You vill take your AZ vaccine and you vill like it!!" Colonel Klink

Old Jun 1st 2021, 9:04 am
BE Enthusiast

abner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "You vill take your AZ vaccine and you vill like it!!" Colonel Klink

Originally Posted by themerlin
No it's only the 2 doses, I don't think you can have much more then 2 does of that vaccine because your body build up immunity to the actual virus used in the vaccine
To put it kindly, you clearly didn't understand the question I was posing, nor the science behind vaccination...

But I did enjoy the "lockdown we had to have" meme.
Old Jun 1st 2021, 9:25 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "You vill take your AZ vaccine and you vill like it!!" Colonel Klink

Originally Posted by abner
Pleased to hear it, glad it worked out so far for you and yours.
My folks are also in their 80's, in Canada, and received Pfizer shots instead. They feature prominently among those counseling me to hold out for non-AZ options in Australia.
As much as there seem to be a lot of people pushing for everyone to take the AZ vaccination, I'm getting increasing numbers of people who I know both in Australia and elsewhere (from the Canaries to the Philippines) saying its best to hold out for non AZ. And some here in Australia are medical experts. So yeah, I don't blame people for taking whatever is available first, but I also think it's a fair call for those who take the decision to have something else ...or nothing at all - if that is the way that they feel.
Old Jun 1st 2021, 9:27 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

But I did enjoy the "lockdown we had to have" meme.
And the virility of a tyrannosaurus side effect remark was a laugh too - for those of us who saw it
Old Jun 1st 2021, 1:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry
As much as there seem to be a lot of people pushing for everyone to take the AZ vaccination, I'm getting increasing numbers of people who I know both in Australia and elsewhere (from the Canaries to the Philippines) saying its best to hold out for non AZ. And some here in Australia are medical experts. So yeah, I don't blame people for taking whatever is available first, but I also think it's a fair call for those who take the decision to have something else ...or nothing at all - if that is the way that they feel.
I am assuming these mates in the Canaries and Philippines are epidemiologists?
Old Jun 1st 2021, 1:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

The lockdown we had to have!
Victoria's Lockdown 4. I am hearing reports Dan Andrews was taken out by some thugs, rather than falling down the stairs.
Old Jun 1st 2021, 10:53 pm
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

To put it kindly, you clearly didn't understand the question I was posing, nor the science behind vaccination...
So what question are you asking, I assumed you asked about having to take AZ indefinitely for boosters in the future?
Old Jun 1st 2021, 11:16 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Beoz
Victoria's Lockdown 4. I am hearing reports Dan Andrews was taken out by some thugs, rather than falling down the stairs.
Maybe someone pushed him?
Old Jun 2nd 2021, 8:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by paulry
Maybe someone pushed him?
Unions aren't happy with him
Old Jun 2nd 2021, 8:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Old Jun 2nd 2021, 9:00 am
BE Enthusiast

abner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond repute

So what question are you asking, I assumed you asked about having to take AZ indefinitely for boosters in the future?
Not quite, but answer that anyway, in an Australian context. Have Australian authorities, in your view, given any indication that they will allow access to a non-AZ vaccine as a second shot (or a booster, once those become a thing), after a first AZ shot?
Old Jun 2nd 2021, 1:37 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
And more importantly for the wider population, you are less infectious.

Get vaxxed no matter what you are offered.
Getting close to 50 here, not getting any of the jabs on current evidence.

I like my current blood thickness and why would I want to pollute this immaculate temple?
Old Jun 2nd 2021, 1:42 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Anyone who says they would rather take their chances with COVID than a vaccine is idiotic. You disagree, that's your right. Oh and I haven't been a moderator for a long time. Do keep up. Even if I was, I'm still entitled to an opinion even if it's one you disagree with.
Happily put me in the Idiotic Camp.

Let history decide.

Last edited by DeadVim; Jun 2nd 2021 at 1:50 pm.
Old Jun 3rd 2021, 8:12 am
BE Enthusiast

I heard on ABC Radio this morning that AZ are being urgently contracted by the UK government for a booster shot product. But wait for it...it's directed at the "Beta" strain (formerly known as the South African variant), and not the "Kappa" (a.k.a. Indian variant) strain currently driving the Victoria lockdown.

AZ always seems to be a day late and a variant short, in terms of addressing current VIC needs.
Old Jun 3rd 2021, 8:24 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

I heard on ABC Radio this morning that AZ are being urgently contracted by the UK government for a booster shot product. But wait for it...it's directed at the "Beta" strain (formerly known as the South African variant), and not the "Kappa" (a.k.a. Indian variant) strain currently driving the Victoria lockdown.

AZ always seems to be a day late and a variant short, in terms of addressing current VIC needs.
But it's being targeted at that variant specifically because the current AZ vaccine (which already gives good protection against the Kappa variant), isn't anywhere near as effective against the Beta variant.
Old Jun 3rd 2021, 9:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
..the current AZ vaccine...which already gives good protection against the Kappa variant...
Sorry, where has that been demonstrated, from a high-quality, peer-reviewed source...??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.