Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

"You vill take your AZ vaccine and you vill like it!!" Colonel Klink

"You vill take your AZ vaccine and you vill like it!!" Colonel Klink

Old Jul 1st 2021, 10:42 am
BE Enthusiast

abner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "You vill take your AZ vaccine and you vill like it!!" Colonel Klink

Old Jul 1st 2021, 10:50 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "You vill take your AZ vaccine and you vill like it!!" Colonel Klink

Originally Posted by abner
Err, okay. I think
Old Jul 1st 2021, 11:04 am
BE Enthusiast

abner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jul 1st 2021, 12:07 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by abner

Last edited by Amazulu; Jul 1st 2021 at 12:22 pm.
Old Jul 2nd 2021, 12:57 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting developments where the PM has passed the buck onto people consulting with their GPs to decide whether or not AZ is safe for them to have. Apparently now many GPs appointment schedules are maxed out coping with the increased demand.
Old Jul 3rd 2021, 12:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry
Interesting developments where the PM has passed the buck onto people consulting with their GPs to decide whether or not AZ is safe for them to have. Apparently now many GPs appointment schedules are maxed out coping with the increased demand.
Excellent news. People are making their own choices and getting it done. Oh poor GP's. They are making money. I cannot see anything wrong here other than your own personal fear of AZ.
Old Jul 3rd 2021, 6:13 am
A modern day warrior

Tom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
Excellent news. People are making their own choices and getting it done. Oh poor GP's. They are making money. I cannot see anything wrong here other than your own personal fear of AZ.
And from what I'm seeing when I did the weekly shop and in the press, it seems people are making decisions about what level of lockdown compliance they apply as well. Apparently reasonable crowds out and about around Bondi and Centennial Park today "exercising". Local shopping centre was busy. From what I saw everyone was masked up though. I think this shows that maybe people are accepting the risks of living with Covid present and taking precautions, and hopefully getting tested and isolating as necessary. Will be interesting to see the infection numbers over the next few days, and then look at hospitalisation and ICU admission rates.

Maybe the masses will decide how quickly this goes and not the PM's "stating the bleeding obvious" plan with no targets or methods for return to normal. Vaccination is still going to be the key to finally resolving the situation I believe, and on that the Government are failing the people.
Old Jul 3rd 2021, 7:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tom Sawyer
And from what I'm seeing when I did the weekly shop and in the press, it seems people are making decisions about what level of lockdown compliance they apply as well. Apparently reasonable crowds out and about around Bondi and Centennial Park today "exercising". Local shopping centre was busy. From what I saw everyone was masked up though. I think this shows that maybe people are accepting the risks of living with Covid present and taking precautions, and hopefully getting tested and isolating as necessary. Will be interesting to see the infection numbers over the next few days, and then look at hospitalisation and ICU admission rates.

Maybe the masses will decide how quickly this goes and not the PM's "stating the bleeding obvious" plan with no targets or methods for return to normal. Vaccination is still going to be the key to finally resolving the situation I believe, and on that the Government are failing the people.
In the NSW presser this morning they said to go outdoors, enjoy the weather, but keep distance. I spent most of the day in the parks near me and a swim at the beach and did not get near anyone else even though the parks were as busy as I have ever seen them.

Avoiding the shops but did have to do 2 bunnings trips. Completely blown fuse took out a number of electrical sockets and bought the wrong one first go and had to go back. I'd say it was a bit less than a normal Saturday crowd.

You got to live. We can't do lockdowns for ever and there is no such thing as eradication at this point. Just be sensible.

The PM announced a plan for return to normal yesterday. It won't include zero days. I am just waiting to see how well the blinkered population accept this.
Old Jul 3rd 2021, 11:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by paulry
Your sarcasm will likely be missed by some...

Last edited by abner; Jul 3rd 2021 at 12:15 pm.
Old Jul 13th 2021, 8:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Australia Health website FAQ'S on Covid19 vaccines is a cracker.

https://www.health.gov.au/initiative...nes/is-it-true

Dedicated to the tin foil hat crew.

Is it true? Can COVID-19 vaccines connect me to the internet?

Old Jul 13th 2021, 10:35 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
The Australia Health website FAQ'S on Covid19 vaccines is a cracker.

https://www.health.gov.au/initiative...nes/is-it-true

Dedicated to the tin foil hat crew.

Is it true? Can COVID-19 vaccines connect me to the internet?

The scary thing is I actually know people in Qld that believe that stuff. I even know one person (in Group 1b) who cancelled a vaccine appointment ( and she suggested I do the same) after being told it had a microchip in it.
Old Jul 13th 2021, 11:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Pollyana
The scary thing is I actually know people in Qld that believe that stuff. I even know one person (in Group 1b) who cancelled a vaccine appointment ( and she suggested I do the same) after being told it had a microchip in it.
A microchip would be good for most Queenslanders
Old Jul 13th 2021, 11:08 pm
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Maybe it's good for the gene pool if those people don't get vaccinated.
Old Jul 14th 2021, 12:28 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by themerlin
Maybe it's good for the gene pool if those people don't get vaccinated.
Old Jul 21st 2021, 1:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The lack of Pfizer vaccine means tens of thousands of people in high-risk areas could wait months before they can get a jab. The waning uptake of AstraZeneca was highlighted on Tuesday, when the Sydney Olympic Park vaccination hub gave 8295 Pfizer vaccinations and just 50 AstraZeneca.

Wow. This is not good for the oldies, the most vulnerable, the most likely to be hospitalised and die.

The oldies aren't going to be eligible for Pfizer, unless the ATAGI recommend it as preferred for above 60's. This is unlikely to happen, in fact, the ATAGI are more likely to recommend AstraZeneca for the under 40's next.

The ATAGI advice has really screwed this up for Australia. I can't see Syd Melb and Adelaide getting out of lockdown before Xmas without one of the Premiers biting the bullet and giving a deadline. "You have 2 months to get a shot or 2, we are letting rip". Let's hope so.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.