Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

"You vill take your AZ vaccine and you vill like it!!" Colonel Klink

"You vill take your AZ vaccine and you vill like it!!" Colonel Klink

Old Jul 1st 2021, 3:40 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: "You vill take your AZ vaccine and you vill like it!!" Colonel Klink

Originally Posted by themerlin
It was 12 weeks after the first shot. I'm not sure if anyone knows what the rules are round this, I think you would have to have a good reason.
if it has to be 12 weeks then it'll make no difference to me, bugger
Old Jul 1st 2021, 5:56 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: "You vill take your AZ vaccine and you vill like it!!" Colonel Klink

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
This is interesting, I'm one AZ in, wouldn't mind a Pfizer just for the time element.
AFAIK delaying a 2nd vaccine dose to the 12 wk mark after a 1st AZ one is best. It does seem a mix and match approach may well be a good idea.

edit..Ah! I just saw it is about the wait time . Pfizer would have been better for you.
Old Jul 1st 2021, 6:03 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
Let's hope the Queenslanders are going to be able to have their own choice on AZ because their government seems insistent lockdowns are better.
I don't think the Queensland have any say in what the GPs do.

I hope it's not too busy when I get my booster, it was so quiet last time they didn't want to open a 5 dose vile because they might not be able to use it in the day, had about 7 staff doing nothing.

Last edited by themerlin; Jul 1st 2021 at 6:05 am.
Old Jul 1st 2021, 6:08 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Beoz;13023780]Thank goodness Sydney lockdowns are lockdown lite. All shops open, beaches, golf, no distance from home restrictions (except going to the regions.)/QUOTE]
Probably why half of todays cases have been out in the community
Old Jul 1st 2021, 6:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think the Queensland have any say in what the GPs do.

I hope it's not too busy when I get my booster, it was so quiet last time they didn't want to open a 5 dose vile because they might not be able to use it in the day, had about 7 staff doing nothing.
I can't keep up with what the communist states can and can't do. The rhetoric was very strong to the point it was insistent. Maybe it was just Queensland bluster and bravado.
Old Jul 1st 2021, 6:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=themerlin;13024266]
Originally Posted by Beoz
Thank goodness Sydney lockdowns are lockdown lite. All shops open, beaches, golf, no distance from home restrictions (except going to the regions.)/QUOTE]
Probably why half of todays cases have been out in the community
They did say it was people moving around for work, but I am pretty sure NSW was never striding for zeros.
Old Jul 1st 2021, 6:38 am
BE Enthusiast

abner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Plus a shit ton of AZ - which is probably now not going to be purchased
Well, AstraZeneca have stated they'll deliver according to contract, and expect to get paid accordingly.

My bet is that Morrison will attempt to dump the surplus-to-requirements AZ jabs on PNG, East Timor and various Pacific islands.

Done sensitively, e.g. with some additional logistical support for distribution, some training at the local clinic level, and some judicious marketing about how the AZ shot is more effective the the Sino-XXXX vaccines, that might even create an Australian diplomatic win from the dumping exercise.

But yeah, it's the Morrison government, so that won't happen.

Old Jul 1st 2021, 7:01 am
BE Enthusiast

abner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond repute

My friend in Brisbane had the Pfizer second shot after the AZ first dose, it was recommended by her doctor because if the high efficacy (she has underlying health conditions), I was really surprised.
And if that had been an option open to me, I would have gone for it.

The high-efficacy of the mixed dose approach (in either order) has been apparent to--and therefore authorised by--health authorities in other first-world nations (e.g. Canada, various EU nations) for many weeks. It is a mystery why Australia's TGA is having so much trouble keeping up. Perhaps a 'not invented here' bias??
Old Jul 1st 2021, 7:17 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by abner
Well, AstraZeneca have stated they'll deliver according to contract, and expect to get paid accordingly.

My bet is that Morrison will attempt to dump the surplus-to-requirements AZ jabs on PNG, East Timor and various Pacific islands.

Done sensitively, e.g. with some additional logistical support for distribution, some training at the local clinic level, and some judicious marketing about how the AZ shot is more effective the the Sino-XXXX vaccines, that might even create an Australian diplomatic win from the dumping exercise.

But yeah, it's the Morrison government, so that won't happen.
Australia already supplying vaccines to PNG and Pacific Islands
Old Jul 1st 2021, 7:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Australia already supplying vaccines to PNG and Pacific Islands
Didn't say otherwise.

But it won't take much social media chatter for the recipient nations to get highly cynical about Australia's motives (and vaccine-hesitant as well -- they have much younger populations, on average), if pretty much all our donated vaccines to such countries are AZ ones from now on.

But again, there's still a chance for Australia to distinguish itself from Chinese "vaccine diplomacy", if done right.

Last edited by abner; Jul 1st 2021 at 9:08 am.
Old Jul 1st 2021, 9:08 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't say otherwise.
And I never said that you didn't say otherwise

AZ is manufactured in Australia but will no longer be required here in a few months, so it would make sense to donate it to less wealthy countries

China's having mixed results with their vaccine diplomacy. Big problems for them in South America and doctors in some countries are refusing to administer it. I'd say the US is probably way ahead of China in this area too as they are funding a huge vaccine rollout to 3rd world countries
Old Jul 1st 2021, 9:29 am
BE Enthusiast

AZ is manufactured in Australia but will no longer be required here in a few months, so it would make sense to donate it to less wealthy countries.

China's having mixed results with their vaccine diplomacy. Big problems for them in South America and doctors in some countries are refusing to administer it. I'd say the US is probably way ahead of China in this area too as they are funding a huge vaccine rollout to 3rd world countries
You've rather missed the point. AZ will no longer be required in Australia, roughly by October, because nobody in Australia will accept it in the face of better alternatives. And that lack of acceptance for AZ in Australia will be readily apparent to the wider world, including PNG, East Timor, and Pacific Oceania.

"Giving away" less effective vaccines is going to be as much of a problem for Australia at that point, as it has been, according to your own description above, for China.

In the absence of, as I suggested earlier, distribution support and educational support.

Last edited by abner; Jul 1st 2021 at 9:34 am.
Old Jul 1st 2021, 10:09 am
Proudly Deplorable

You've rather missed the point. AZ will no longer be required in Australia, roughly by October, because nobody in Australia will accept it in the face of better alternatives. And that lack of acceptance for AZ in Australia will be readily apparent to the wider world, including PNG, East Timor, and Pacific Oceania.

"Giving away" less effective vaccines is going to be as much of a problem for Australia at that point, as it has been, according to your own description above, for China.

In the absence of, as I suggested earlier, distribution support and educational support.

You've obviously got a bee in your bonnet about AZ - and that's your issue. Words cannot describe how little I care about that - so party on with yourself with that one champ!

Australia has barely enough Pfizer and Moderna for itself (and we could probably agree on the reasons) let alone giving it away to other countries! Australia does plenty in the Pacific and spends billions, so the countries that China wants to influence will have to decide which way they want to go. We could always do more but we don't do nothing - but haters gotta hate
Old Jul 1st 2021, 10:16 am
BE Enthusiast

You've obviously got a bee in your bonnet about AZ - and that's your issue. Words cannot describe how little I care about that - so party on with yourself with that one champ!
And yet you've commented 15 times on this thread...which is primarily about my views on the AZ vaccine.

Last edited by abner; Jul 1st 2021 at 10:19 am.
Old Jul 1st 2021, 10:33 am
Proudly Deplorable

And yet you've commented 15 times on this thread...which is primarily about my views on the AZ vaccine.

Which cumulated in post #208 - that's when the decision was made turbo! Essentially, we're debating a given - which is pointless

Guess what? In reality (as opposed to Bizarroland) we're allowed to do that. But party on with your agenda

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.