Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

You know you are (still) in Australia when.....

You know you are (still) in Australia when.....

Old Sep 27th 2018, 6:06 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: You know you are (still) in Australia when.....

Originally Posted by the troubadour
Another wouldn't be in Sydney, unless value returned to the market, and probably not even then. As you'll have slowly realised, I don't see the big deal about living in Sydney. Don't hate it or even dislike it, just doesn't rate highly enough as a place I would want to live, regardless of preferring big cities.
But back on track, 'You know you are in Australia when the locals too often, become over fiercely defensive, about most every aspect of their often mundane and often repetitive lives.
You don't need to. You simply need to understand that other people do have good reason to live there and are happy to do so. As for the last line, pot kettle and black come to mind.
Old Sep 27th 2018, 6:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

But back on track, 'You know you are in Australia when the locals too often, become over fiercely defensive, about most every aspect of their often mundane and often repetitive lives.
Defence? Really. I called correcting your nonsense.

I really wonder how mundane and repetitive your life is in Perth. That suits many and Perth is ideal for that but it certainly doesn't suit you by all accounts.
Old Sep 27th 2018, 9:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
You don't need to. You simply need to understand that other people do have good reason to live there and are happy to do so. As for the last line, pot kettle and black come to mind.
I'm passing an opinion, so do need to ok? Other people are free to express at will, equally If that's ok by you, of course. As for your personal affront, how about attempting to play objective regardless of personal opinions , not really hard to do.

Last edited by the troubadour; Sep 27th 2018 at 9:28 am.
Old Sep 27th 2018, 9:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz

I really wonder how mundane and repetitive your life is in Perth. That suits many and Perth is ideal for that but it certainly doesn't suit you by all accounts.
Speak for yourself and don't attempt to speak for me. I see the nail hit home. Your self serving dogma has been much the norm since I 've been on this forum of late.( I've deleted the rest of the post)
My time on this forum is rapidly coming to an end anyway.

Last edited by the troubadour; Sep 27th 2018 at 9:30 am.
Old Sep 27th 2018, 10:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Speak for yourself and don't attempt to speak for me. I see the nail hit home. Your self serving dogma has been much the norm since I 've been on this forum of late.( I've deleted the rest of the post)
My time on this forum is rapidly coming to an end anyway.
You've been found out.
Old Sep 27th 2018, 11:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You've been found out.
Well perhaps, someday, someone will notice you and rescue from your obscurity.
Old Sep 28th 2018, 2:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

remove yourself from repetition and you won't need to meet those people.

On the one hand Mr T, you strike me as a thoughtful and interesting character - gets my vote - but you also seem trapped in Perth. You have provided us with no other explanation, nor should you.

I have often observed that a mix of migrants do seem to get trapped and it is worse for the people who can't, or won't extricate themselves. I don't know what it is as there are stacks of non repetitive people in Melbourne. The longer I have lived here the more interesting it gets.

Sure, I observe a bunch of problems but you can plan around them. My theory is that a bunch of people are clever and imaginative enough to hate Au suburbia but are not fully equiped to extricate themselves which is a shame.

I was in a car heading up to the snow and I had an astrophysicist in front and an engineer to the side from the very best schools and corresponding sports programmes in Melbourne. Not repetitive at all. I've met actors, singers, classically trained musicians, protesters who make their mark, CEOs you name it.

Last edited by BadgeIsBack; Sep 28th 2018 at 2:06 am.
Old Sep 28th 2018, 7:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack

On the one hand Mr T, you strike me as a thoughtful and interesting character - gets my vote - but you also seem trapped in Perth. You have provided us with no other explanation, nor should you.

I have often observed that a mix of migrants do seem to get trapped and it is worse for the people who can't, or won't extricate themselves. I don't know what it is as there are stacks of non repetitive people in Melbourne. The longer I have lived here the more interesting it gets.

Sure, I observe a bunch of problems but you can plan around them. My theory is that a bunch of people are clever and imaginative enough to hate Au suburbia but are not fully equiped to extricate themselves which is a shame.

I was in a car heading up to the snow and I had an astrophysicist in front and an engineer to the side from the very best schools and corresponding sports programmes in Melbourne. Not repetitive at all. I've met actors, singers, classically trained musicians, protesters who make their mark, CEOs you name it.
I don't know if it is your magnetic personality that attracts such a varied form non repetitive personalities, the pretentiousness of some folk that partake in 'snow' activities in Australia, or indeed the good city of Melbourne, playing host to such a wide and varied assortment of human beings among its numbers. Puzzling indeed.
Actually there is no shortage of 'cats' with plumed feathers even in the Perth arena. It's not all Bogans you know, although on first sighting perhaps a bit hard to assume otherwise. Oh dearie, dear no. Interesting depends. largely not, too fill of themselves often than not, and the they tend to be rather self absorbed with the importance of their roles, not at all getting where I come from or indeed bother. Sinister, some of them, with abuse of the positions of power they wield. that's before I get on to the husbands, Seldom ends well when unable to hold tongue, but anyway, it's not only street people and tea in a flask working class bod's that colour in my picture book. A slight exaggeration in parts, but truer than one may expect. Probably why so down on elements of the 'business world' and the ostentatious display of bad taste, where I prefer simplicity, street preachers and poets, outsiders and revolutionaries, fallen women requiring a guiding hand, the most hopeless of the hopeless more my sort of people if the battle against repetition is to be won.
Old Sep 28th 2018, 7:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Well firstly writing about accounts, perhaps its high time to get yours in order, take whatever you can get out from that falling Sydney market, high tail it over to Perth and find something more appropriate, that doesn't stress your waking hours with obscene population growth in order to maintain value. You know it time.
Old Sep 28th 2018, 8:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack

Just a passing thought Badge, job descriptions like astrophysicist, engineer, etc etc, tell me nothing about the person besides what they do. Reminds me of the time The Brain of Britain turned out to be a London cabbie. That turned a few heads. Its not the clothes they wear , nor the swagger of the walk nor the talk and especially not the rank. Some of the worst examples of humanity in the way of sociopaths and psychopaths, are in top positions due to their very nature to control. Not because of being well rounded, interesting people.
Old Sep 28th 2018, 8:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Well firstly writing about accounts, perhaps its high time to get yours in order, take whatever you can get out from that falling Sydney market, high tail it over to Perth and find something more appropriate, that doesn't stress your waking hours with obscene population growth in order to maintain value. You know it time.
Perhaps I will sell my London properties too because of your resentment. I think not. They provide a fantastic income. Your resentment is yours. No one elses.
Old Sep 28th 2018, 10:27 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
When you get a day off for a Football Final.
...or businesses grind to a halt for a horse race.

But we are wasting out breath, the only thing that matters in life, the universe and BE, is housing in Sydney vs Perth.
Old Sep 28th 2018, 11:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Pollyana

But we are wasting out breath, the only thing that matters in life, the universe and BE, is housing in Sydney vs Perth.
Perth is fine. Apparently Sydney has the housing problem.
Old Sep 28th 2018, 12:11 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana

C'arn the Eagles!!!

Old Sep 28th 2018, 12:18 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Today I went to Fiona Stanley Hospital to visit my daughter in their spinal cord injury rehab unit. It really is a magnificent facility, we're so lucky to have such excellent health facilities in Oz Daughter also enjoyed the roast beef dinner I'd made for her - the hospital food's not bad at all but a home-cooked meal from mum is always best

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.