Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

You know you are (still) in Australia when.....

You know you are (still) in Australia when.....

Old Aug 2nd 2018, 7:40 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute
Default You know you are (still) in Australia when.....

You complain to a colleague about how much of a pain Visio is and to your amazement she tells you how much she loves it!

....especially when he gives her shoulders a good going over!
Old Aug 2nd 2018, 11:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: You know you are (still) in Australia when.....

Originally Posted by paulry
You complain to a colleague about how much of a pain Visio is and to your amazement she tells you how much she loves it!

....especially when he gives her shoulders a good going over!
What does Visio have to do with AU?
I use it - I get by with it!

I've seen people help out with colleagues by giving them a quick massage!

Cheers
Old Aug 2nd 2018, 11:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

When it's the first week of August and another winter has rolled by in rapid time. And you know some of the flowers will bud in days.
And you camp in the snow at the snowline, and have skis sticking out of the ground yet can see over snowgums to the lower slopes with no snow....

when you have long forgotten the UK and can't really remember life there at all - just through the prism of distant memories!
When you know parts of the AU backcountry like the back of your hand..

Cheers

B
Old Aug 3rd 2018, 11:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Lucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond repute

When, in our corner of woop woop at least, the summer sun makes the lawn go brown, and just as it is recovering by winter the frosts hit and the lawn goes brown again. That irrigation system and $700+ summer water bill was a great investment
Old Aug 3rd 2018, 11:41 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
What does Visio have to do with AU?
I use it - I get by with it!

I've seen people help out with colleagues by giving them a quick massage!

Cheers
Not a lot other than a random experience in Australia. It certainly made us all laugh out loud. Could easily have been a line out of The Office.
Old Aug 3rd 2018, 11:47 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Lucas_Dad
When, in our corner of woop woop at least, the summer sun makes the lawn go brown, and just as it is recovering by winter the frosts hit and the lawn goes brown again. That irrigation system and $700+ summer water bill was a great investment
Had something like that where many of the plants I introduced and carefully cultivated of last summer got wiped out by the frosts. Given up on the grass - the only things that seem to grow well on the lawn are the weeds. Going to replace it all with wood chippings in the spring..
Old Aug 3rd 2018, 11:50 am
Banned

...some people believe Coleslaw was invented by Coles.
Old Aug 3rd 2018, 12:15 pm
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

... people still sit in their garage, in the middle of winter, with the door up, recreationally.
Old Aug 3rd 2018, 10:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GarryP
... people still sit in their garage, in the middle of winter, with the door up, recreationally.
A very strong indicator they will be of Mediterranean background

.I think the "Wogs" word is actually dying out like Pom, so I won't use it..... Whoops....
Old Aug 3rd 2018, 11:11 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

...people are incapable of taking shopping bags with them when visiting supermarkets
Old Aug 3rd 2018, 11:34 pm
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

A very strong indicator they will be of Mediterranean background
A very strong indicator they will be bogans.
Old Aug 4th 2018, 12:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Where does this occur?
Old Aug 4th 2018, 12:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

It's the beginning of August and the shorts are out.

I have the shorts on today. The weather, despite a little windy is lovely and warm.

Even more bizarre. Putting the skis on the roof racks wearing shorts and a t-shirt. That soon changes when you get to Cooma.
Old Aug 4th 2018, 12:51 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

Originally Posted by Beoz
Where does this occur?
Anywhere bogans have a house with a garage.

The thing that surprised me was they still did it in the winter.
Old Aug 4th 2018, 2:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Anywhere bogans have a house with a garage.

The thing that surprised me was they still did it in the winter.
I need to venture further a field.

Not many garages in my neighborhood. However I have one and so does the guy opposite on the side street. On the odd occassion we find ourselves in the garage with the doors open chatting away to each other while we both are sorting (finding) garden equipment.

I must get a chair for the garage and do a bit of sitting. I feel like I am missing out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.