Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

WTF is going on in this country !!!!

Wikiposts

WTF is going on in this country !!!!

Old Aug 23rd 2007, 11:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WTF is going on in this country !!!!

Did Aus start selling stab-proof school uniform last week?

mm
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 11:31 pm
poole ,dorset . love it

king kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sammyg

mm
Do the police carry guns when on normal duty in the uk ? i think not but they do here in aussie ,does that make aussie a more violent place or not ? .
We can all pick on something to satisfy our reasons for leaving a place but leaving britain for australia because of the crime rate etc is not reason enough .
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 11:41 pm
Banned

MICKY DANDAN will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by king kong
Do the police carry guns when on normal duty in the uk ? i think not but they do here in aussie ,does that make aussie a more violent place or not ? .
We can all pick on something to satisfy our reasons for leaving a place but leaving britain for australia because of the crime rate etc is not reason enough .
we left england for a better life for our kids
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 11:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

Very true, but leaving the uk because of crime is not my motivation.

Some people who live in australia are always ready at the band wagon to say, oooohhh, 'it's terrible here' - if they think it's that bad they should p£$$£*f back to the uk or wherever they came from!
Winging poms!!!!!!!!!!

same shit different bucket, but at least the sun is usually shining!
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 11:43 pm
Banned

Some people who live in australia are always ready at the band wagon to say, oooohhh, 'it's terrible here' - if they think it's that bad they should p£$$£*f back to the uk or wherever they came from!
Winging poms!!!!!!!!!!

it has been pissing down for weeks over here
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 11:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by MICKY DANDAN
it has been pissing down for weeks over here
Yea, weeks and i'm pretty sure that's all it'll be!

How about 2 months of pissing down rain through summer, then winter comes...freezing grey days, which possibly lasts for 6-7 months, with a few blue days dotted inbetween!

A few weeks of rain or UK grey skies...yea, i'll take the few weeks of rain, thanks
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 11:50 pm
Banned

Yea, weeks and i'm pretty sure that's all it'll be!

How about 2 months of pissing down rain through summer, then winter comes...freezing grey days, which possibly lasts for 6-7 months, with a few blue days dotted inbetween!

A few weeks of rain or UK grey skies...yea, i'll take the few weeks of rain, thanks
yeah man, but its a diffrent kind of rain
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 11:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by MICKY DANDAN
yeah man, but its a diffrent kind of rain

So you live in Queensland do you?
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 11:54 pm
Banned

So you live in Queensland do you?
close, but no cigar
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 11:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

estherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really nice

I agree, but Britain is going down the pan. And what sort of scum kill 11 year old children. Its time the gov got harder on the parents of the low life kid gangs and on Knife & Gun Crimes:curse:. A little like they do at football.
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 11:57 pm
shoot from the hip,baby

onepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Issie,

I really can't say that Australia is a zillion miles away from incidents like that in the UK.
Some guy here drove his car into a lake with his 3 infant boys in the back, swam out of it and let them drown - just to get back at his wife.
There's shootings on the streets here and terrible fights and robberies all the time. Some ar*ehole broke into a 90 year old's house recently, beat her until she couldn't fight back and then robbed her of two bedside drawers!
Sometimes I feel very unsafe here and yet, back in Glasgow where I'm from, I feel I could freely walk around that city and not be in any fear!
The grass is nowhere near any greener here when it comes to violence in the streets, I'm very sorry to say.

*pearly*
Old Aug 24th 2007, 12:20 am
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Crime is not a reason for me leaving the UK so why do people generalise.

My arguement is not about all crime which I know happens most places its the level of kid on kid crime that is going through the roof.

In Newcastle there was 3 fatal stabbings in one week all kid on kid I have been here 16 years now and this is all a new and since January the rise in this type of crime is awful, we are not the only city to experience this.

Violent crime is disgusting no matter where it is but there seems something particualrly obscene about children killing children.

I know we are going to get those saying it happens it Oz but can you honestly pick out one city and compare with a UK city of the same size and say that this type of crime (fatal stabbing or shooting of a child by a child) is happening on such a frequent basis.

While I was over in Brisbane last year for a while I never heard one crime of this nature reported unless they kept it a secret. I heard about adult crime killing each other but child on child nothing.

Oh and just to say again I am not a UK basher or leaving because of crime my point is purely about this particular type of crime.
Old Aug 24th 2007, 12:47 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Yes.....they did actually:

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...-23109,00.html

Why would you think it is any different?

G
Old Aug 24th 2007, 12:52 am
poole ,dorset . love it

king kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond repute

Winging poms!!!!!!!!!!

Well this thread really isnt about the sun is it ? the thread leads us to believe because of a horrific murder that it must be better elsewhere which is a load of tosh .
The sun and rain issue is a whole different thing and if the sun or rain float your boat then thats great but in my experience too much of either is a P-ss off .
Have you ever lived for a long tme like i have [20 years] out of the uk ? i am fortunate to be able to live in both for several months of the year and cant tell the difference between the two ,they both have good economies they are both relatively expensive these days [especially perth ] and the crime rates are similar and in the case of murder you may well find australia marginally worse .
Good luck with your move and i hope australia is everything you hope for .
Old Aug 24th 2007, 12:57 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
the media here plays things down far more than the UK media.
Here we go again ... it's all the media's fault - Australia's because they don't report the 'truth' and the UK's because they always make it out to be a crime-ridden hell-hole. Wake me up in a decade when you've come up with a new argument ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.