Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Will the 2010 World Cup Unite anyone from the home Nations?

Will the 2010 World Cup Unite anyone from the home Nations?

Old Jun 9th 2010, 8:43 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Will the 2010 World Cup Unite anyone from the home Nations?

Originally Posted by jond
Good, he can soon join the master race then,
yae kin huv him lol
Old Jun 9th 2010, 8:44 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bernie Barfly
Yer sounding more 'english' every day,you'll be bloody wearing a st george t-shirt and flag soon
Every Scot is aware how bad our current side is. How being aware of that makes me English is a bit of a mystery.....
Old Jun 9th 2010, 9:15 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kporte
Every Scot is aware how bad our current side is. How being aware of that makes me English is a bit of a mystery.....
oh i feel a wee huff coming on lol
Old Jun 9th 2010, 10:21 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by soapy©
oh i feel a wee huff coming on lol
....but you can't really argue with the view that the current Scotland side are rubbish. Current FIFA rankings have Scotland sandwiched between the footballing giants of Gabon and Ecuador

42 Gabon
43 Scotland
44 Ecuador
Old Jun 9th 2010, 10:35 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
....but you can't really argue with the view that the current Scotland side are rubbish. Current FIFA rankings have Scotland sandwiched between the footballing giants of Gabon and Ecuador

42 Gabon
43 Scotland
44 Ecuador
We know how crap we are, are well used to it and have fully accepted our plight.

Where as Engurland........
Old Jun 10th 2010, 1:50 am
BE Forum Addict

CelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond repute

Yer sounding more 'english' every day,you'll be bloody wearing a st george t-shirt and flag soon

I have seen the symptoms only too often over the years. It is clearly a prima fascia case of this.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...ussy%20whipped
Old Jun 10th 2010, 2:36 am
Not around much..

SDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond repute

42 Gabon
43 Scotland
44 Ecuador

Love it...just where they should be...bloody jockstraps...
Old Jun 10th 2010, 7:38 am
Master of verbal pish©

42 Gabon
43 Scotland
44 Ecuador
cant argue with that and to be honest im glad we didnt make it. i always hated getting that feeling that this might be our year (even to go through to the next round) to be honest scotland have been let down by the team when they reach the finals. sometimes with a little luck things might have been better for us, but when it came to the smaller teams the players just let us down. so i dont think i would want to go through that again. i still believe that in 78 scotland had a team that could have went all the way in the world cup, but the players blew it. the problem was the team thought that too and thought that they only had to turn up to beat teams like peru
Old Jun 10th 2010, 7:57 am
Account Closed

cant argue with that and to be honest im glad we didnt make it. i always hated getting that feeling that this might be our year (even to go through to the next round) to be honest scotland have been let down by the team when they reach the finals. sometimes with a little luck things might have been better for us, but when it came to the smaller teams the players just let us down. so i dont think i would want to go through that again. i still believe that in 78 scotland had a team that could have went all the way in the world cup, but the players blew it. the problem was the team thought that too and thought that they only had to turn up to beat teams like peru
True, we had a genuinely good side in 78. Back in the day when we had lots of players playing at the top level. We have not one world class player now
Old Jun 10th 2010, 7:59 am
Master of verbal pish©

True, we had a genuinely good side in 78. Back in the day when we had lots of players playing at the top level. We have not one world class player now
agreed
Old Jun 10th 2010, 8:16 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by CelticRover
I have seen the symptoms only too often over the years. It is clearly a prima fascia case of this.

hmmmmm. from your source, definition 2 ......

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...ulder+scottish
Old Jun 10th 2010, 9:10 am
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheeky git... his views have sod all to do with me being around
Old Jun 10th 2010, 10:19 am
BE Forum Addict

CelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond repute

hmmmmm. from your source, definition 2 ......

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...ulder+scottish
Originally Posted by emelems
Cheeky git... his views have sod all to do with me being around

In any event, I am happy that you are both happy.
Old Jun 10th 2010, 10:30 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

i still believe that in 78 scotland had a team that could have went all the way in the world cup, but the players blew it. the problem was the team thought that too and thought that they only had to turn up to beat teams like peru
Yeah, I think England we were also a bit guilty of that in 2006. Loads of prima donnas who couldn't play together

Last edited by Broad Shoulders; Jun 10th 2010 at 11:39 am.
Old Jun 10th 2010, 10:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
...and again when they bow out disgracefully this time roond
Originally Posted by jond
Good, he can soon join the master race then,
Nietzsche would agree.

Indeed.

It's comments like that that make Scots and all the other ragtag bag of Celts sound chippy.

Good for you Kporte. You're bang on the money. There is only one thing better than a well educated, balanced Scot -

and that is a well educated, well balanced Englishman.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.