Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Who's going to win The Ashes?

View Poll Results: Who's gonna win The Ashes?
Australia
36.62%
England
52.11%
Draw (Australia retain - not win)
11.27%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Who's going to win The Ashes?

Old Jul 16th 2009, 12:40 am
Demi-God

Burbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who's going to win The Ashes?

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
he was clever enough to employ Troy Cooley though, whose work with our bowlers will never be forgotten
And now the Aussies have Cooley.
Old Jul 16th 2009, 2:00 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Burbage
Never liked Fletcher. He was of the opinion that runs won test matches rather than bowlers. He was (and still is) wrong in my view.

He is wrong... the only way you can win a test match is to take 20 wickets (declerations etc). You only have to score 1 run. But you could score thousand runs and still not win if you dont take 20 wickets.
Old Jul 16th 2009, 2:50 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
The point he is making though is that who is Pricky Ponting to point the finger at playing in the "spirit of the game" when he has a track record like his.

It's like Gary Glitter calling Michael Jackson the scum of the earth and a dirty little kiddy fiddler
I can see what he was aiming for; I just think his argument would have been better if he didn't start by saying he agreed with him.
Old Jul 16th 2009, 2:50 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

I see Australia is creeping up on the poll?

Old Jul 16th 2009, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

robclaridge is just really nicerobclaridge is just really nicerobclaridge is just really nicerobclaridge is just really nicerobclaridge is just really nicerobclaridge is just really nicerobclaridge is just really nicerobclaridge is just really nicerobclaridge is just really nice

...Its just a shame that Scotland are shite at every sport or I would be voting for them to win as well...
Old Jul 16th 2009, 8:19 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: Who's going to win The Ashes?

I still say England will win this Test. All they need is a little more consistency in their batting. Australia's bowling attack is weak - as expected - and I don't see any movement in the pitch.
Old Jul 17th 2009, 12:48 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
I still say England will win this Test. All they need is a little more consistency in their batting. Australia's bowling attack is weak - as expected - and I don't see any movement in the pitch.
I'm just not so sure that England's bowling attack is much better.
Old Jul 17th 2009, 3:01 am

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robclaridge
...Its just a shame that Scotland are shite at every sport or I would be voting for them to win as well...
Yeah but we know we are shite! and are more than happy to admit it

But i still don't want England to win - anything
Old Jul 17th 2009, 3:06 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
But i still don't want England to win - anything
Why?
Old Jul 17th 2009, 3:20 am

Originally Posted by Hutch
Why?
I'm joking Hutch Just on the wind up.

I don't care who wins the cricket or any other sport (apart from football obviously) - doesn't bother me in the slightest.
Old Jul 17th 2009, 3:47 am
Demi-God

Burbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond repute

I'm joking Hutch Just on the wind up.

I don't care who wins the cricket or any other sport (apart from football obviously) - doesn't bother me in the slightest.
I take it that now you are a resident of Brisbane, you'll be supporting the local side when they play Celtic?
Old Jul 17th 2009, 3:58 am

I take it that now you are a resident of Brisbane, you'll be supporting the local side when they play Celtic?
They've already played.
Old Jul 17th 2009, 4:12 am
Demi-God

They've already played.
Have they? Well there you go. Not that we'd expect the football team from a small provincial town to make big headlines.
Old Jul 17th 2009, 6:17 am

Have they? Well there you go. Not that we'd expect the football team from a small provincial town to make big headlines.

They did make headlines and they are from a city, not a town!
Old Jul 17th 2009, 10:37 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: Who's going to win The Ashes?

Strauss out immediately, and two more in quick succession!

I had expected him to reach his double century and England to finish on 430, but they've just stumbled to 9 for 389.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.