Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Who's going to win The Ashes?

View Poll Results: Who's gonna win The Ashes?
Australia
36.62%
England
52.11%
Draw (Australia retain - not win)
11.27%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Who's going to win The Ashes?

Old Jul 9th 2009, 5:46 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: Who's going to win The Ashes?

Australia finish the day on one for 249!
Old Jul 9th 2009, 10:28 am
Demi-God

Burbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who's going to win The Ashes?

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Australia finish the day on one for 249!
Yes, good batting. At least they're putting up a bit of a fight.
Old Jul 9th 2009, 11:18 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Who's going to win The Ashes?

Australia now at 2 for 325. Tasty!

Old Jul 9th 2009, 11:24 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Australia now at 2 for 325. Tasty!

I like
Old Jul 10th 2009, 1:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Never, ever, write off the Australians...despite the worst team in 10 plus years...

Whose the bespectacled Englishman in the commentary box that is having the others in stitches...
Old Jul 10th 2009, 4:56 am
Fighting my corner

Smile Re: Who's going to win The Ashes?

Punter smacks Freddy for six!

Australia 4 for 463 and the Poms are praying desperately for rain. I wonder if the hope of a draw due to inclement weather was behind their decision to play the first game in Wales...?

Last edited by Vash the Stampede; Jul 10th 2009 at 5:16 am.
Old Jul 10th 2009, 12:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Summer in S Wales. Long shots of the town show that UK haze that I have long forgotten about.

It's summer, possibly it's warm and people are in shirts. But still that white haze...
Old Jul 10th 2009, 9:43 pm
Home.

mackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond repute

I always thought Ricky Ponting was a great captain and greatly admired the Australian cricket team, although in Test cricket I would still like to see England win over them.

Having had it pointed out to me by a friend that Ponting is a cheat (shows how far out of the cricket loop I am that I hadn't even heard about it) I hope England wipe the floor with them.

Unfortunately though, I think it may be the other way round.....
Old Jul 10th 2009, 10:29 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mackinnon
I always thought Ricky Ponting was a great captain and greatly admired the Australian cricket team, although in Test cricket I would still like to see England win over them.

Having had it pointed out to me by a friend that Ponting is a cheat (shows how far out of the cricket loop I am that I hadn't even heard about it) I hope England wipe the floor with them.

Unfortunately though, I think it may be the other way round.....
Most of the cricket community do not believe that Ponting is a great captain. He has been a captain of great players for a long time, but that does not make him a great captain. It was widely recognised in 05 that his captaincy cost the Aussies dearly, whilst Vaughan's captaincy is what defined that win.

Added to that I do think that he is over competitive (call it cheating if you like) and the problem is that the person they are breeding to replace him (Clarke) is even worse.

Now is Ponting's greatest test. If he can guide this Aussie team through the next few years with a 75-80% win rate then I think he will be regarded as a very good captain, but we have already witnessed losses to India, SA (at home) since the great era of great players retired, so his record is not looking good
Old Jul 11th 2009, 11:10 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

50 odd for 4 ....wot a ******' shower of shite England are
Old Jul 12th 2009, 1:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I don't like either of them but I think there's not much between them. Australia are not what they were and are carrying some passengers - they still lack a decent spinner.

It'll be a close call but I think the Poms might edge it.
Old Jul 12th 2009, 1:58 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stuckinblighty
50 odd for 4 ....wot a ******' shower of shite England are
Old Jul 12th 2009, 8:51 am
Forum Regular

chrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to all

England bat all day for a draw from a seemingly impossible position. HOW'S THAT !!!!
Old Jul 12th 2009, 12:34 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
South Africa's top spot is still on track.
Old Jul 12th 2009, 12:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of light

Can I have my vote back please?

England were pants!!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.