Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

who else is waiting to sell there house....

who else is waiting to sell there house....

Old Mar 6th 2008, 1:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Mairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: who else is waiting to sell there house....

Originally Posted by suart
Well all just wanted to update you all

WE HAVE JUST ACCEPTED AN OFFER ON OUR HOUSE TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !
FTB as well I cannot believe it, good luck to everyone still waiting xx
You lucky so and so!!!!!

Well done and congrats!!!

I was onto my EA yesterday and he was all doom and gloom. He suggested renting it out until the market changes. Not what you want to hear from an EA that has only had the property on his books for a month and a half!!!
Old Mar 6th 2008, 2:07 am
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Afternoon all,

We've been on the market for a week now and have had one viewing.

My EA says that the market is picking up and will continue to do so through March and April.

The slump happened back in August last year and since then it has been climbing back up. EAs in general have reported an increase in viewings for February compared to January.

I just hope I'm not waiting around too long
Old Mar 6th 2008, 2:09 am
tum
destination Cairns

tum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Off2Oz
Afternoon all,

We've been on the market for a week now and have had one viewing.

My EA says that the market is picking up and will continue to do so through March and April.

The slump happened back in August last year and since then it has been climbing back up. EAs in general have reported an increase in viewings for February compared to January.

I just hope I'm not waiting around too long
Good luck, let's hope your house sells in March or April!
Old Mar 6th 2008, 2:53 am
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tum
Good luck, let's hope your house sells in March or April!
Thanks, let's hope so too.
Old Mar 6th 2008, 3:35 am
BE Enthusiast

gerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to all

just wrung my ea up there is a viewing tonight at 6 but.......

i rang asking about our options and he says try an auction its £200 to put house in and the total fees afterwards are 2% plus solictors which he says are £300...

does anyone think is a good idea??

he says put reserve at £110k and start auction at £100....

what do you lot think is this a good idea

i have to let him know by the 19th march, for auction 22nd april....
Old Mar 6th 2008, 3:40 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gerry
just wrung my ea up there is a viewing tonight at 6 but.......

i rang asking about our options and he says try an auction its £200 to put house in and the total fees afterwards are 2% plus solictors which he says are £300...

does anyone think is a good idea??

he says put reserve at £110k and start auction at £100....

what do you lot think is this a good idea

i have to let him know by the 19th march, for auction 22nd april....
Gerry , i can't grasp this .... you have a 4 bed semi cottage in a nice area yet you are "struggling" to get 100k for it ?
Old Mar 6th 2008, 3:47 am
BE Enthusiast

gerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to all

its on the market for £110k had 6/7 viewings tbh i dont care within reason what we get for it!! we dropped it from £120k on monday to the £110k

Last edited by gerry; Mar 6th 2008 at 4:10 am.
Old Mar 6th 2008, 3:49 am
BE Enthusiast

just realised they list it as a mid terrace cottage???

ther is only one property on one side so why they call it a terrace??
Old Mar 6th 2008, 3:53 am
BE Enthusiast

suart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to all

OMG gerry, you cottage looks very nice, I cannot believe it has not been sold yet. People always want cottage / bungalow properties, Just one question have you tried changing EA'S?
Old Mar 6th 2008, 3:54 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

just realised they list it as a mid terrace cottage???

ther is only one property on one side so why they call it a terrace??
dunno , its semi-detached in my book .

Well mate i don't know the house market in Accrington , but it looks well worth that money ... good sizes . i guess as they say "its worth what someone will pay " but to me its seems well low priced .

any way , what do i know
Old Mar 6th 2008, 3:56 am
BE Enthusiast

no not tried any other ea this is our first house..

yeah we think its cheap as well!!!

only down sides to it is one its on a main road well just off and two it has no backgarden as such because of the extension its 3 storeys though and all the rooms are big separate toilet and bathroom so god knows???

maybe its just me being inpatient......
Old Mar 6th 2008, 4:00 am
Handsome Internet Guy

no not tried any other ea this is our first house..

yeah we think its cheap as well!!!

only down sides to it is one its on a main road well just off and two it has no backgarden as such because of the extension its 3 storeys though and all the rooms are big separate toilet and bathroom so god knows???

maybe its just me being inpatient......
well hopefully you had 3/4 EAs round to value ... i guess they are the "experts"

chill , don't be impatient .... its hard earned cash at stake
Old Mar 6th 2008, 4:02 am
BE Enthusiast

we just had the one come round lol

although they are the local ones and seem to have a few houses on the market

we did have it valued by a differant ea last july and they said £150k yet when these come round they said £130 so we siad put it on at £120 that was 6 weeks ago and now dropped to £110 gonna get it in auctions i think soon......
Old Mar 6th 2008, 4:13 am
Handsome Internet Guy

we just had the one come round lol

although they are the local ones and seem to have a few houses on the market

we did have it valued by a differant ea last july and they said £150k yet when these come round they said £130 so we siad put it on at £120 that was 6 weeks ago and now dropped to £110 gonna get it in auctions i think soon......
well i dunno what to say , to me goin on what i see .. it seems a bargain . i think i would get 3 different EAs round before i comitted to auction .
they may all come in at the same , 110/120... whatever ,, and as you say if no interest much ... how can it be a bargain .

well good luck , but its a fine looking place
Old Mar 6th 2008, 4:17 am
BE Enthusiast

well exactly, we owe £53k on it plus some other bits so as long as we aint worse off i dont care lol

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.