Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

who else is waiting to sell there house....

who else is waiting to sell there house....

Old May 8th 2008, 5:12 pm
Just Joined

Barbara and Mike is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: who else is waiting to sell there house....

Originally Posted by Inglewhite
Had our house up since Feb. 2008, had 5 viewers so far, but no offers.
We have tried to offer 10% deposit to buyer, but our EA said that you're not allowed to do that???
His FA said max you're allowed to offer is 5% (that's what the banks will accept as anything more seems a bit dodgy).
Anyway trying that this week and if that doesn't work will change EA at end of month.
Does anyone know of someone who has sold house cheap to cash buyer and actually gone through with sale of house.They always have quotes of MRs... etc on websites but i always think how do you know they haven't made all these stories up and if you can really trust them? Anyone got any opinions on these- as we have booked flights for August so need to sell fast if we can.

Of friend of ours tried this approach but was offered a rediculous price, so had to decline offer. Obviously no one can afford to practically give their home away.

Good Luck
Old May 8th 2008, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

Angib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant future

Inglewhite - I contacted National Homebuyers they initially advised survey for £600 before they would make offer (below market value ofc) They then contacted me to offer 99.00 survey - if you were willing to take reduced offer it may be worth looking into it- I need more that they offered so not for me unfortunately. Hope this helps
Old May 9th 2008, 4:25 am
BE Enthusiast

spaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Ronnie and Deb
Hi we are new to this thread but we too are waiting to sell our house. We have our 136 visas and oh has a job with queensland ambulance service, but we have had our house on the market since August and it still isn't sold
We have reduced it but we don't want to give it away and we have put it up with another agent. We have even bought a St. Joseph from America to put it our garden and he supposed to help sell your house ( the americans swear by him ) so we hope he works.
Good luck to all of you that have sold hope we won't be far behind you
Know how you feel house on market since July couple of viewings but no offers. We left it anyway on the market and came to Gold Coast in March. Still no viewings, can only afford 6 months total so time will tell what we do

Originally Posted by Smiley Mylee
New to this thread, but wanted to add my name to the list. House went on market December 2006 at 280k. Received 'cheeky' offer of 230k in Feb 2007. Turned it down.

Then nothing! Reduced price several times (now 240k) Got a house doctor in in November 2007, spent 7k and then back on market in Feb. Got offer of 230k in March 2008. Sale fell through 2 weeks later (as chain collapsed).

Still waiting and price now 230k and still no viewings.

Why oh why did we not accept the offer in Feb 2007.

We'd have been there and having a barbie by now!!!

It feels my life has been on hold for over a year now. Even had to waste money for five of us to activate the visas. (But had a great holiday!!!)

It will happen, but I hate seeing my equity disappear - that was our cushion in case we couldn't get jobs. Things are much scarier now without that bit of security.
It will happen am sure we need to all be positive

Originally Posted by Lee and Joanne
Yes,
Does it really matter. We all understand what is meant by it . This thread has been great.

Joanne
I know
Old May 9th 2008, 7:45 am
A roo in my top paddock!

Dreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by spaceys
Know how you feel house on market since July couple of viewings but no offers. We left it anyway on the market and came to Gold Coast in March. Still no viewings, can only afford 6 months total so time will tell what we do
We are in the same boat..house on the market since June 07 then reduced and reduced by 50 grand in total.One buyer which fell through at the very last minute (2 weeks before we fly out!).One rental guy which fell through at the very last minute(1 week before we fly out!).Now my nephew is going to hous esit and give us a bit of money per month but we can only afford to do this for 6 months too so we have everything crossed that this works out.
Today is friday and we fly to the gold coast on tuesday!! AARRRGGGHHHH!!
It will happen am sure we need to all be positive
Trying madly to stay positive but its so hard.

I know
I know too!!
Old May 9th 2008, 7:46 am
A roo in my top paddock!

Dreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of light

I posted that all wrong so sorry folks..hope you get the jist of it!!
Old May 9th 2008, 7:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Lee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really nice

Hi,
We put our house on the market last September and had no interest until we dropped it considerably. We tried OFFERS IN THE REGION OF which definitely made a difference. Straight away we had two viewers. They both made us an offer which was 5k less than we bought it for 4 yrs ago.

We have spent quite a lot on it since we bought it back in 2004. New kitchen ,landscaped gardens, carpets So the offer was 10k less than we bought and spent on it .
We decided to cut our loses and accept the offer as one of the viewers were in the position to move within 4 weeks. Feel robbed but I think once we are over there we will be glad we took the offer. Like my husband keeps telling me ,You can't buy time.
Thought this info might help you lot make a decision on what to do as I feel once I'm over there I'll won't care about the money. Been in limbo for over a year now ,so really need to get settled again.

Joanne x
Old May 9th 2008, 1:12 pm
Forum Regular

Inglewhite has a spectacular aura aboutInglewhite has a spectacular aura aboutInglewhite has a spectacular aura about

Hi,
We put our house on the market last September and had no interest until we dropped it considerably. We tried OFFERS IN THE REGION OF which definitely made a difference. Straight away we had two viewers. They both made us an offer which was 5k less than we bought it for 4 yrs ago.

We have spent quite a lot on it since we bought it back in 2004. New kitchen ,landscaped gardens, carpets So the offer was 10k less than we bought and spent on it .
We decided to cut our loses and accept the offer as one of the viewers were in the position to move within 4 weeks. Feel robbed but I think once we are over there we will be glad we took the offer. Like my husband keeps telling me ,You can't buy time.
Thought this info might help you lot make a decision on what to do as I feel once I'm over there I'll won't care about the money. Been in limbo for over a year now ,so really need to get settled again.

Joanne x
I know how you feel and i agree. we've just reduced ours, plus offering 5% deposit and solicitors fees paid looked in paper today to see advert and they haven't even highlighted offer just wrote it in black print at bottom of advert, that you would have to look at really hard to see. I phoned up and complained and all they said was i'll see what i can do!!:curse:The least they could do was but in red or something to try and attract buyer's eye.
We've been on market nearly three months now and we have only just received a letter of solicitor for HIPS pack to sign, now debating what to do as if nothing much is happening may change agent.
Old May 9th 2008, 1:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really nice

I know how you feel and i agree. we've just reduced ours, plus offering 5% deposit and solicitors fees paid looked in paper today to see advert and they haven't even highlighted offer just wrote it in black print at bottom of advert, that you would have to look at really hard to see. I phoned up and complained and all they said was i'll see what i can do!!:curse:The least they could do was but in red or something to try and attract buyer's eye.
We've been on market nearly three months now and we have only just received a letter of solicitor for HIPS pack to sign, now debating what to do as if nothing much is happening may change agent.
Hi, I wasn't impressed with my agent either. Took on another agent so they had to compete. That did the trick. Try it. One who sells get the commision.

Joanne
Old May 9th 2008, 2:28 pm
A roo in my top paddock!

Just had a phone call from the agent...can a viewer come in an hour?
Thats just exactly the same time the shippers are due to come!!
Anyway they are in rented so no property to buy so are in a really good position.
Of course i said " Absolutely no worries!" as i was hoovering and dusting and shoving what i could in cupboards!
Will let you know how it all goes.
Fingers crossed.
Ooohh and we have another viewing tomorrow as well but they have a property to sell.
Janice.
Old May 9th 2008, 3:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dreams of Oz
Just had a phone call from the agent...can a viewer come in an hour?
Thats just exactly the same time the shippers are due to come!!
Anyway they are in rented so no property to buy so are in a really good position.
Of course i said " Absolutely no worries!" as i was hoovering and dusting and shoving what i could in cupboards!
Will let you know how it all goes.
Fingers crossed.
Ooohh and we have another viewing tomorrow as well but they have a property to sell.
Janice.
Good luck Janice

Joanne
Old May 9th 2008, 3:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of

Hi, I wasn't impressed with my agent either. Took on another agent so they had to compete. That did the trick. Try it. One who sells get the commision.

Joanne
We've done this too, hope it works

Have a nice weekend everyone, I know ours will certainly be better cos we dont have the constant worry of a visa hanging over us anymore

Lynn xx
Old May 9th 2008, 3:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by the4ofus
We've done this too, hope it works

Have a nice weekend everyone, I know ours will certainly be better cos we dont have the constant worry of a visa hanging over us anymore

Lynn xx
Congratulations Lynn on receiving your VISA. When did you get yours?. Sorry i missed it.
Pleased we are finally getting them it's been a long year. All the best for the future and what it will bring. Enjoy!!!!

Joanne x
Old May 9th 2008, 7:00 pm
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

We have dropped ours 20K since Jan!!! No viewers at all
Changed EA's who have said its not overpriced, infact they've said its a bargain. What else can we do? Market poo & there's nothing we can do about it :curse:
Old May 10th 2008, 6:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of

Congratulations Lynn on receiving your VISA. When did you get yours?. Sorry i missed it.
Pleased we are finally getting them it's been a long year. All the best for the future and what it will bring. Enjoy!!!!

Joanne x
Thanks Joanne,

Our agent notified us Wednesday 7th May (date will stick in my mind forever!) but it says on the visa grant 1st May. I don't care - all that matters is that we have it

Hopefully the house won;t take too much longer to sell

Good luck with all your plans.

Lynn xx
Old May 10th 2008, 10:39 pm
where is my gold ticket!!

michell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to all

i put this on another thread but thought i would put it here as well just incase anyone was interested

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/property/...auction110.xml

http://www.discountpropertyauction.c...rch.aspx?Reg=2

i am quiet interested to keep an eye on this site see how things go what do you think??

kind regards
michell

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.