Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House Seller (Nov 08 onwards)

Whinging Pom House Seller (Nov 08 onwards)

Old Jan 5th 2009, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

Popsicals will become famous soon enoughPopsicals will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller (The Continuation)

Hi

I have been watching this thread for some time and my house has gone up for sale today - so I guess I am now officially a 'whinging pom house seller' . I have put my house on my signature if you know anyone who wants to buy a house in Warrington, Cheshire .

So, I look forward to chatting with you over the coming months and hopefully all those people who got engaged at christmas and new year or 'made' their christmas babies and need a bigger house will start looking for a new house???? New year - new start - Positive Mental Attitude

Pops xxx
Old Jan 5th 2009, 12:40 pm
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point

[Pops xxx[/QUOTE]

PMA not PMT- lol
Old Jan 5th 2009, 3:13 pm
Forum Regular

Popsicals will become famous soon enoughPopsicals will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by mindblower
[Pops xxx
PMA not PMT- lol[/QUOTE]

Old Jan 5th 2009, 8:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=mindblower;7128219]

Put house on market for 134 LAST December, someone offered 108.....just don'yt know what to do...it's a BIG drop - equivalent to 50k dollars !!

Any oideas ?

Dave
Try and get them up a little, BUT- can you afford to go with 108 if they won't budge? Will you regret it if you say no and then are stuck here if no one else makes an offer? We dropped 25k on our house but we are now here and enjoying life- it was more important to get here than fret over the money. Mind you we missed out on another $50k with the exchange rates going mad two weeks after we had changed our money!
If you can manage.....do it!
Old Jan 5th 2009, 11:15 pm
Account Closed

[QUOTE]

It grates me, it really grates me.
Old Jan 5th 2009, 11:34 pm
Account Closed

Tooterelli is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=mindblower;7128219]

Put house on market for 134 LAST December, someone offered 108.....just don'yt know what to do...it's a BIG drop - equivalent to 50k dollars !!

Any oideas ?

Dave

Bite their hand off pdq
Old Jan 8th 2009, 10:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

sunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to all

Hi Dave

I dropped just over 30k when I put my house on the market last July and it sold in Nov. 20k was my choice to get viewings and undercut competition. The buyer dropped me another 15k, I managed to get him up 1.5k, then took the money and ran. I consider myself lucky, also I had been living there for 11yrs so almost doubled my money anyway. If it looks like they may drop further, so if you can afford to and time is an issue for you, I'd take it. Good luck to you
Old Jan 10th 2009, 1:20 pm
Account Closed

QUOTE]

Thanks Sunflower.

Alas , two viewers who put offers in have withdrawn..

Sigh..

Old Jan 12th 2009, 11:06 am
BE Enthusiast

sunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by mindblower
QUOTE]

Thanks Sunflower.

Alas , two viewers who put offers in have withdrawn..

Sigh..

OMG! how demoralising. I hope it picks up for you now we're in the new year.
Old Jan 13th 2009, 6:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

travelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud of

I guess we can now officially regard ourselves (again) as Whinging Pom House Sellers.... our house is back on the market again (we took it off last summer once the "credit crunch" had basically slowed things down to a standstill in our area). We had the new valuation done on Saturday - which was 16% less than what we had it up for sale for last year...but i believe that kind of drop is average?

Can i ask anyone who has been lucky to receive an offer recently - are people making "sensible" offers or are they offering way below the asking prices even though prices have come down so much already? Not sure what kind of reply i'm expecting there - but probably not the kind i'll get!

Good Luck to everyone trying to sell.....

Old Jan 13th 2009, 6:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

suart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to all

Originally Posted by travelbug
I guess we can now officially regard ourselves (again) as Whinging Pom House Sellers.... our house is back on the market again (we took it off last summer once the "credit crunch" had basically slowed things down to a standstill in our area). We had the new valuation done on Saturday - which was 16% less than what we had it up for sale for last year...but i believe that kind of drop is average?

Can i ask anyone who has been lucky to receive an offer recently - are people making "sensible" offers or are they offering way below the asking prices even though prices have come down so much already? Not sure what kind of reply i'm expecting there - but probably not the kind i'll get!

Good Luck to everyone trying to sell.....

Welcome back alot of people that were on this thread have actually sold and their are a few like me that are still waiting. Over the last week the estate agents around me have started getting people back through the door so hopefully this will have a knock on effect and the market will pick up soon.
Good luck trying to sell.
Old Jan 13th 2009, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

FHYLL is just really niceFHYLL is just really niceFHYLL is just really niceFHYLL is just really niceFHYLL is just really niceFHYLL is just really niceFHYLL is just really niceFHYLL is just really nice

Hey travelbug its awful to see our/your profits drift away, but we have remained on the market since Oct 2007 and seem to be dropping our price to adapt to the ever changing market we have now dropped 40k in that time, This for us is where we are going to draw a line in the sand and say NO MORE
Where we are at now is probably about 15k under the true value of our 4 bed prop, We did this to try and get that elusive buyer to see that this is a bargain and promote a possible sale sure enough we had 3 viewers the week before xmas and while we were in OZ so obviously our family moral was boosted thinking that we could get a possible sale but no sooner have the viewers turned up, so is the fact they have run for cover under the stone of which they where hiding.It does just feel that there are buyers out there but the media have scared so many people into being scared and over cautious.With this in mind we are fighting a never ending battle with the media over which I think we cannot win unless you are one of the lucky few.With this in mind what I think we should all do is start charging a few ££££s on each visit and that way I reckon we will all make more money than the media is trying to value our houses at and we can all get to OZ quicker now thats a thought all the luck to you all out there up for sale
Old Jan 14th 2009, 9:16 am
BE Forum Addict

travelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by suart
Welcome back alot of people that were on this thread have actually sold and their are a few like me that are still waiting. Over the last week the estate agents around me have started getting people back through the door so hopefully this will have a knock on effect and the market will pick up soon.
Good luck trying to sell.
Hi there, sorry to hear you're still trying to sell your property too. The agent we saw said that things should start picking up viewers wise soon. I hope they're right Good luck yourself with getting a sale...i'll keep my fingerscrossed for you!
Old Jan 14th 2009, 9:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by FHYLL
Hey travelbug its awful to see our/your profits drift away, but we have remained on the market since Oct 2007 and seem to be dropping our price to adapt to the ever changing market we have now dropped 40k in that time, This for us is where we are going to draw a line in the sand and say NO MORE
Where we are at now is probably about 15k under the true value of our 4 bed prop, We did this to try and get that elusive buyer to see that this is a bargain and promote a possible sale sure enough we had 3 viewers the week before xmas and while we were in OZ so obviously our family moral was boosted thinking that we could get a possible sale but no sooner have the viewers turned up, so is the fact they have run for cover under the stone of which they where hiding.It does just feel that there are buyers out there but the media have scared so many people into being scared and over cautious.With this in mind we are fighting a never ending battle with the media over which I think we cannot win unless you are one of the lucky few.With this in mind what I think we should all do is start charging a few ££££s on each visit and that way I reckon we will all make more money than the media is trying to value our houses at and we can all get to OZ quicker now thats a thought all the luck to you all out there up for sale
Hi there - yes, its very disappointing seeing our possible "pot of money" reducing considerably We've had our visa since April07 and my partner wanted to sell then, but i insisted on a validation trip at the end of 07 - and then we waited a further 3-4months after that before putting the house on. Literally as the credit crunch arrived! It's very sickening knowing if i hadn't made that decision to wait - then we would have had a lot more money available to us... The current drop has knocked £32,500 off the value of our house compared to the valuation we had last year. Obviously, that figure will no doubt increase as we know its likely people would knock more off... But like you, we have a figure in our head that we cannot go below...so we will have to sit things out and see if we get any interest/offers...and if nothing we'll have to rethink our options with regards to renting the house out etc...

How long have you had your visa?
I think my employers thought that when we'd taken our house off last year that we were not going to bother selling again. My boss overheard me talking about our house yesterday and asked why i was bothering trying to sell as we'd "never" sell the house in the current climate! Just what i want to hear NOT! When i said that we hadn't ever lost the urge to go to Oz, and pointed out that time was passing very quickly and we didnt want to get too near to our March2012 cut-off date, he just said "but surely you can just apply for another visa if your house doesnt sell by then?". Can you believe that? as if it's that easy....i dont know why i humoured him, but i told him that my OH has now turned 40 - ie, reduction in points, the fact it took us nearly 2 years to get our visa anyway, the costs involved and the fact that my OH's occupation might not be on the list come 2012!!!! I think he got the message by the end of the conversation

Anyway, i wish you luck with your house too...
Old Jan 14th 2009, 12:22 pm
Forum Regular

FHYLL is just really niceFHYLL is just really niceFHYLL is just really niceFHYLL is just really niceFHYLL is just really niceFHYLL is just really niceFHYLL is just really niceFHYLL is just really nice

Hey T.B you seem to have made mistake like we have we went over to Brisi in May 2007 we knew we wanted to make the big move but went for a hol before we started the ball rolling we did get an estate agent in to value our property who wanted to put it on the market then but my OH wanted to get it decorated and have the carpets cleaned before embarking on viewers,mind you our house was immaculate before any work was done, thats the OH for you.
after the hol it was all go for visa application, house works and get it on the market which happened on the oct 2007. 3 days we were on the market and we had viewers who loved our house had nothing of their own to sell cos they had done that but could only offer 15 k under the asking price where upon the agents at the time said that we were not open to offers (which was not the case) so we lost them next agent went bust and closed up shop so now we still sit on the market waiting.
We have had our visa`s since may 2008 and have activated them back in Nov2008 at which time I have come back to no work sorry not whingeing, but my point is IS THERE SOMEBODY WORKING AGAINST US.
But joy, Be it that the OH has come home from work the other day saying that somebody at work is interested in renting our house out, her rental agreement runs out in June 09 and she wants a long time rent of about 3yrs so how good would that be to have somebody you know in your house and have a tenent for a long time rent agreement which would hopefully see house prices rise again.
It will mean going over with a limited budget but with 2 good jobs(NURSE & ELECTRICIAN) its worth giving it ago.
So what i say to everyone is if its mea`nt to be keeping trying beause hopefully it will happen lets all wish
Sorry all you out there this was`nt intended as a rant but a hope

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.