Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House Seller (Nov 08 onwards)

Whinging Pom House Seller (Nov 08 onwards)

Old Dec 6th 2008, 2:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Flutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud of
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller (The Continuation)

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Sorry for my absence folks!!

Been going through prolonged trauma.

After waiting a year to sell our house, (and losing 3 sales in this time and reducing the price by a jaw dropping £195K as the market crashed) we accepted an offer in May 2008. Today we finally exchanged contracts after months of to-ing and fro-ing and stress.

Completion booked for the 16th Jan, shippers booked for the 12/13/14th Jan!!

Yay!! AT LAST it's our turn!
Great news!!! Bet you can't quite believe it has happened. Are you heading to Adelaide in Jan now then? See you there!
Old Dec 6th 2008, 4:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wardy2
Nic its me again lol yayyyyyyy ::
Thanks again hun!! xxx

Originally Posted by Laights
You're not supposed to be on this thread anymore Fly
LOL - I suppose I am here until we complete and then I graduate!

Originally Posted by steveandtina
Well done hun I have been waiting ages for you to tell us that cant wait for you to get out here to Adelaide:
Have you booked your flights yet?
Not booked yet. Got to look this weekend!!! I can't wait either! Yay!

Originally Posted by pamjames
Brilliant Fly, thats such good news, just what we need at the moment to cheer us up!!

I haven't been able to post for awhile as computer decided to misbehave, but hopefully it has been mended now.

Just to keep you all up-to-date; we thought we had a buyer the other week (our Estate Agent was positive they would plump for ours - but yes, you guessed it, they went for another one! this has happened 3 times now and is getting monotonous) and yesterday our Estate Agent rang to say that a buyer wants a second viewing but they want it for another £10k less - that would mean we would have dropped nearly 25% from April... we will be living on the beach in a tent in Oz at this rate... actually that sounds good!!

Can't get my head around Christmas.

And Corgi, I thought I had the monopoly on Cadburys...

Pam
Thanks Pam, I hope that my luck will rub off on you. If you are getting lots of viewings that is a good sign. I know they are saying no right now, but the next one might say yes. Keep strong, the sign in your garden is costing you nothing.

Originally Posted by daunted
I am so so happy for you I thought my sale was stressful but was nothing to what you have had to endure! Well done for making it through and now you can start planning the rest of your lives
Thanks Hun xxxxx

Seems a lifetime since you sold yours and flew out. I hope our new life is as good as yours!

Originally Posted by Flutterby
Great news!!! Bet you can't quite believe it has happened. Are you heading to Adelaide in Jan now then? See you there!
LOL no, I can't believe it. Yes heading for Adelaide - probably Feb - have to book flights etc. So lucky that we didn't have to validate. see you there!!!
Old Dec 7th 2008, 8:22 am
Just Joined

roxymusic will become famous soon enoughroxymusic will become famous soon enough

congratulations nicola on your house completion looks like your gonna beat us there if you go in feb keep in touch and will see you over there.

ian
Old Dec 7th 2008, 1:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by roxymusic
congratulations nicola on your house completion looks like your gonna beat us there if you go in feb keep in touch and will see you over there.

ian
Thanks Ian - I thought you were going in Jan????

I will PM you!
Old Dec 8th 2008, 7:50 am
Forum Regular

johull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to all

Thanks Ian - I thought you were going in Jan????

I will PM you!
Congratulations Nic!!!!!

What a relief for you.

So so so happy fpr you!!!!!!! We have tenannts moving in at the end of February - not one viewer with the new agent since June - so peed off but hey ho - thats life. We have managed to sell a small croft area which will get us to Oz and be able to put some money down on a block of land - will hopefully be able to build our dream home then.

We will be flying out end of Feb beginning of March

Are the kids excited - I bet it felt like it would never happen.

You can have a lovely last cold Christmas here and know that the new year holds lots of adventures xxxx

Jo
x
Old Dec 8th 2008, 8:45 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Hi Nic,

Congratulations have a lovely last Christmas in the UK, it is the one thing that I miss here , but it is only for two days and the sea is lovely and warm, more like a holiday here

See you in 2009 sometime.

Sorry you had to drop such a lot to sell, didn't realize it was quite that bad
Old Dec 8th 2008, 10:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by johull
Congratulations Nic!!!!!

What a relief for you.

So so so happy fpr you!!!!!!! We have tenannts moving in at the end of February - not one viewer with the new agent since June - so peed off but hey ho - thats life. We have managed to sell a small croft area which will get us to Oz and be able to put some money down on a block of land - will hopefully be able to build our dream home then.

We will be flying out end of Feb beginning of March

Are the kids excited - I bet it felt like it would never happen.

You can have a lovely last cold Christmas here and know that the new year holds lots of adventures xxxx

Jo
x
Great news JO! I'm so pleased for you! Great news on selling the croft and getting tenants. I'm sure the housing prices in QLD are dropping - hopefully you will be able to get your dream house for less and still have an investmant in the UK.

Originally Posted by somme
Hi Nic,

Congratulations have a lovely last Christmas in the UK, it is the one thing that I miss here , but it is only for two days and the sea is lovely and warm, more like a holiday here

See you in 2009 sometime.

Sorry you had to drop such a lot to sell, didn't realize it was quite that bad
Thanks hun. xxx

I didn't want Xmas here - but heyho (get it??)

We have lost so much money on the house it is unreal. We bought in 2004 at the peak and have done £50K worth of work to it. The £195K was from the valuation in March 2007 which was optimistic but we did expect to get at least £100K more than we did. We sold for what we paid for it 4 years ago so the buyer gets all that work for free.

We can't sell our 2 other properties but they are self supporting so we will wait til the market recovers - poss another 5 years and then sell. At least the interest rates are low.
Old Dec 8th 2008, 11:34 am
BE Enthusiast

corgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to all

Great news JO! I'm so pleased for you! Great news on selling the croft and getting tenants. I'm sure the housing prices in QLD are dropping - hopefully you will be able to get your dream house for less and still have an investmant in the UK.

Thanks hun. xxx

I didn't want Xmas here - but heyho (get it??)

We have lost so much money on the house it is unreal. We bought in 2004 at the peak and have done £50K worth of work to it. The £195K was from the valuation in March 2007 which was optimistic but we did expect to get at least £100K more than we did. We sold for what we paid for it 4 years ago so the buyer gets all that work for free.

We can't sell our 2 other properties but they are self supporting so we will wait til the market recovers - poss another 5 years and then sell. At least the interest rates are low.
Good luck Flyaway. I hope all your dreams come true in Oz.
You will be missed on this thread as your such a caring person who has helped a lot of us.

Knowing you Flyaway you will give us so meany good vibes that we all desperately need.

Please let us know how you go on when you settle in Oz.

And all the rest of us on this thread we will get our dream soon. As they say there is light at the end of this long tunnel.
Lets gets more good news coming in. Good luck everyone.
Take care
Julie
Old Dec 8th 2008, 1:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by corgi
Good luck Flyaway. I hope all your dreams come true in Oz.
You will be missed on this thread as your such a caring person who has helped a lot of us.

Knowing you Flyaway you will give us so meany good vibes that we all desperately need.

Please let us know how you go on when you settle in Oz.

And all the rest of us on this thread we will get our dream soon. As they say there is light at the end of this long tunnel.
Lets gets more good news coming in. Good luck everyone.
Take care
Julie
Ahh thanks Julie. That was lovely. I will keep popping back to see how everyone is all going and spread some karma around.

I have to thank everyone on here for their support because I wouldn't have got there without you all.

I am sure that the housing market has to improve. People are fed up with waiting to move. The banks will get a kick up the bum from the Government and hopefully mortgages will become available to first time buyers which will kick start the whole thing. In fact because we virtually gave our house away, guaranteed it will pick up now!!

Do you know how we got our buyer???

I rang them up and asked if they wanted to buy our house!! We had an offer from a developer and I knew this person wouldn't want us to sell to them... So girls (and boys) I know you can do it too!
Old Dec 9th 2008, 7:08 am
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point

:[/QUOTE]

Me again, an update...

Accepted an offer, subsequently withdrawn.

Back to drawing board...

ffs
Old Dec 9th 2008, 5:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

sunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to all

Sorry for my absence folks!!

Been going through prolonged trauma.

After waiting a year to sell our house, (and losing 3 sales in this time and reducing the price by a jaw dropping £195K as the market crashed) we accepted an offer in May 2008. Today we finally exchanged contracts after months of to-ing and fro-ing and stress.

Completion booked for the 16th Jan, shippers booked for the 12/13/14th Jan!!

Yay!! AT LAST it's our turn!

HOORAY HOORAY, GOOD ON YOU FLY!
Old Dec 9th 2008, 5:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

sunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by mindblower
:

Me again, an update...

Accepted an offer, subsequently withdrawn.

Back to drawing board...

ffs[/QUOTE]

What a b....er!, hand on in there mindblower you'll get there. here's a k
Old Dec 9th 2008, 6:44 pm
Krunchynutt

krunchynutt has much to be proud ofkrunchynutt has much to be proud ofkrunchynutt has much to be proud ofkrunchynutt has much to be proud ofkrunchynutt has much to be proud ofkrunchynutt has much to be proud ofkrunchynutt has much to be proud ofkrunchynutt has much to be proud ofkrunchynutt has much to be proud ofkrunchynutt has much to be proud ofkrunchynutt has much to be proud of

We have accepted an offer and today we signed to sell, spoke to the buyer and they said they cannot sign yet as their solicitor wants a copy of the plans for the extension.

I phoned the hips guy and was told that is a optional extra and does not come in the £350 I originally paid. What a twit why did he not tell us this months ago.

Now a delay of god knows how long while we chase up building plans because of a minor technicality.

Is it possible to pop to the local council planning department and collect plans in or do we have to wait weeks like when full searches are requested.

our stuff has been sent and we emigrate on new years eve to Newcastle so we wanted to complete before and then move in with relatives for the xmas 10 days or so.

Any advice appreciated.
Old Dec 10th 2008, 1:05 pm
Forum Regular

pamjames has a spectacular aura aboutpamjames has a spectacular aura aboutpamjames has a spectacular aura about

Had our hopes lifted on Monday when a buyer wanted a second viewing, but their agent had not told them that we will not drop our price anymore and they could only come up with 10k less that our price.

So... hopes dashed once again.

As you say, Mindblower,

Back to drawing board...

Pam
Old Dec 10th 2008, 7:54 pm
Account Closed

Tooterelli is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pamjames
Had our hopes lifted on Monday when a buyer wanted a second viewing, but their agent had not told them that we will not drop our price anymore and they could only come up with 10k less that our price.

So... hopes dashed once again.

As you say, Mindblower,

Back to drawing board...

Pam

You should have bitten their hand off !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.