Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller (The Continuation)

Whinging Pom House seller (The Continuation)

Old Jun 5th 2008, 12:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller (The Continuation)

Do you want to hear something else funny? Just had our National Homebuyers offer. They will very kindly pay our mortgage off and give us £300 (yes three hundred pounds) to make it a round figure and then another £1k for costs.

That is madness - even in this market. It is equivelant to half what the house was valued at this time last year and prices haven't halved!!!! (I remeber the days when we had 50% equity....)
Old Jun 5th 2008, 1:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

mOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Do you want to hear something else funny? Just had our National Homebuyers offer. They will very kindly pay our mortgage off and give us £300 (yes three hundred pounds) to make it a round figure and then another £1k for costs.

That is madness - even in this market. It is equivelant to half what the house was valued at this time last year and prices haven't halved!!!! (I remeber the days when we had 50% equity....)

can someone please collect all the marbles again and put them back in the brains!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jun 5th 2008, 1:04 pm
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

You have to laugh at it don't you
Does anybody seriously go for it do you reckon?
One of them only offered us 20k more than we paid for it nearly 7 years ago Did you speak to them and tell them to f**k off.
Old Jun 5th 2008, 1:08 pm
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

OMG Mozzy what a day. Sorry to hear about the buyers, have they given a reason?

Jx
Old Jun 5th 2008, 1:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

mOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud of

nope! only talked to our agent - and he was very short earlier

he wanted to give us till next week to recover to come around and have talk - i told him to come today (he can't but tomorrow)

not sure if we go with them again but i want to have a .... chat ....
Old Jun 5th 2008, 1:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mOZzy

can someone please collect all the marbles again and put them back in the brains!!!!!!!!!!
PMSL - what an excellent expression. that's exactly how I feel.

Originally Posted by nickywes
You have to laugh at it don't you
Does anybody seriously go for it do you reckon?
One of them only offered us 20k more than we paid for it nearly 7 years ago Did you speak to them and tell them to f**k off.
It was a letter, so I didn't have the pleasure - I hope they ring to see whether we will be going ahead! I will have to think up something very rude to say to them. If it wasn't so funny, I'd cry.

I think it must be very desperate people who take these offers - I know we could sell this for £100k more than that easily if we cut the price even more - people would be queuing up - we have had loads of interest at the price it is.
Old Jun 5th 2008, 1:17 pm

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

PMSL - what an excellent expression. that's exactly how I feel.

It was a letter, so I didn't have the pleasure - I hope they ring to see whether we will be going ahead! I will have to think up something very rude to say to them. If it wasn't so funny, I'd cry.

I think it must be very desperate people who take these offers - I know we could sell this for £100k more than that easily if we cut the price even more - people would be queuing up - we have had loads of interest at the price it is.
I think having the interest in your house is what keeps you going really. It is when there are no viewers that you start to lose heart.

Their offer is just laughable. I was not in the least bit upset by ours, just thought they were really preying on the one's that have to sell, like your friend, bless her.
Old Jun 5th 2008, 1:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

so how come you all are around for a nice chat (thanks for keeping me sane )

you either have very nice bosses at work or you are ladies/gents of leisure
Old Jun 5th 2008, 1:27 pm

so how come you all are around for a nice chat (thanks for keeping me sane )

you either have very nice bosses at work or you are ladies/gents of leisure
I work from home but don't get much done when I start on here

It is nice to have the support from peeps on here, it makes you feel like you are not the only one, doesn't it?
Old Jun 5th 2008, 1:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

that's cool -so what do you do?!

oh yesssss - we are all in the same very rocky boat
Old Jun 5th 2008, 1:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

nope! only talked to our agent - and he was very short earlier

BARSTEWARD! He should have managed it by just saying that was impossible at this stage.:curse:
he wanted to give us till next week to recover to come around and have talk - i told him to come today (he can't but tomorrow)

not sure if we go with them again but i want to have a .... chat ....
I hope you have a good 'chat' with him and tell him to shove his agency.

I think having the interest in your house is what keeps you going really. It is when there are no viewers that you start to lose heart.

Their offer is just laughable. I was not in the least bit upset by ours, just thought they were really preying on the one's that have to sell, like your friend, bless her.
Yes, if we didn't have viewings every week, offers etc, I would think it was impossible. My firend is in a bad way. Although she has just got a new job - so hopefully that will help. the problem is that they bought this house when she was offered this high payed job. Then borrowed more money to do it up - it has been completely renovated and is lovely. It has an acre of land too. Then she lost her job and then broke her ankle so she couldn't drive and she needed to drive for her job... getting the picture now... They put it up for sale the week after us. Unfortunately as they have a large mortgage and a big loan, they have knocked the price down to cover that. Then prices dropped under that so they would be in negative equity and can't reduce any more. I hope they can save the house now - it is lovely and I'm sure if they can struggle and pay the mortgages it will be worth it in the long run. I wonder if National Homebuyers would offer them what they owe???? Might be worth them looking into?
Old Jun 5th 2008, 1:37 pm

that's cool -so what do you do?!

oh yesssss - we are all in the same very rocky boat
We have our own Company and I am Company Secretary (sounds good but isn't), it basically means general dogsbody

I hate being at home and would rather be out working because it is so boring being here all the time. I don't have any small kids either so it is very quiet here most of the time but am very busy (as you can see) so can't really afford to be out all the time either
Old Jun 5th 2008, 1:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

We have our own Company and I am Company Secretary (sounds good but isn't), it basically means general dogsbody

I hate being at home and would rather be out working because it is so boring being here all the time. I don't have any small kids either so it is very quiet here most of the time but am very busy (as you can see) so can't really afford to be out all the time either
do you have to wag your tail too?!
i do have small kids and believe me - i want out of here!!!!!!!

I hope you have a good 'chat' with him and tell him to shove his agency.

Yes, if we didn't have viewings every week, offers etc, I would think it was impossible. My firend is in a bad way. Although she has just got a new job - so hopefully that will help. the problem is that they bought this house when she was offered this high payed job. Then borrowed more money to do it up - it has been completely renovated and is lovely. It has an acre of land too. Then she lost her job and then broke her ankle so she couldn't drive and she needed to drive for her job... getting the picture now... They put it up for sale the week after us. Unfortunately as they have a large mortgage and a big loan, they have knocked the price down to cover that. Then prices dropped under that so they would be in negative equity and can't reduce any more. I hope they can save the house now - it is lovely and I'm sure if they can struggle and pay the mortgages it will be worth it in the long run. I wonder if National Homebuyers would offer them what they owe???? Might be worth them looking into?
see? there is always someone worse off ....
i hope she'll get it sorted!!
Old Jun 5th 2008, 1:44 pm

[QUOTE=mOZzy;6437410]do you have to wag your tail too?!

Oh yes, and be a sex goddess in the bedroom too :lol
Old Jun 5th 2008, 1:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

no details about your job

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.