Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller (The Continuation)

Whinging Pom House seller (The Continuation)

Old Sep 1st 2008, 6:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller (The Continuation)

Originally Posted by Off2Oz
Well, we've just had an offer.

£90k under the asking price. Pathetic. Absolutely pathetic.

Told the EA that they can kiss my arse.
As I just said, try and get a bidding war going with Saturday's lot - that's how we got an OK price in the end by playing one against the other.
Old Sep 1st 2008, 6:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to all

Hi Chaps and chapesses
Can see this being a mad and hectic month.... Trying to exchange on sale - buyers are being so bloody picky (or at least their solicitor is), they send questions etc to ours who seemingly sends it on to us without even reading it - questions that we have already answered or ones that only solicitor can find out (ie searches etc):curse::curse:
We offered a moving out date of 26th Sept as we have a packed month of weddings, daughters birthday, wifes final exam on 24th. They sent back saying they want to move on the 24th????!!!! Then our solicitor offered to 'compromise' by saying 25th.....FFS!!! We said p*** off 26th.
Anyway have to book a holiday rental but can't until we exchange - she wants to know now as getting bookings. Got removals coming for quotes on Fri, dog to sort etc etc moan moan moan!!!!
I know I shouldn't as we have sold and I know how many others feel who haven't so sorry!!! Think the national average price drop is something like 10% we have dropped 25% which still makes me :curse:
Rant over and thankyou!!
Dtp
Old Sep 1st 2008, 6:21 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dan the Plumber
Hi Chaps and chapesses
Can see this being a mad and hectic month.... Trying to exchange on sale - buyers are being so bloody picky (or at least their solicitor is), they send questions etc to ours who seemingly sends it on to us without even reading it - questions that we have already answered or ones that only solicitor can find out (ie searches etc):curse::curse:
We offered a moving out date of 26th Sept as we have a packed month of weddings, daughters birthday, wifes final exam on 24th. They sent back saying they want to move on the 24th????!!!! Then our solicitor offered to 'compromise' by saying 25th.....FFS!!! We said p*** off 26th.
Anyway have to book a holiday rental but can't until we exchange - she wants to know now as getting bookings. Got removals coming for quotes on Fri, dog to sort etc etc moan moan moan!!!!
I know I shouldn't as we have sold and I know how many others feel who haven't so sorry!!! Think the national average price drop is something like 10% we have dropped 25% which still makes me :curse:
Rant over and thankyou!!
Dtp
fe*k mate , wahhaa you guys are getting ready . it will be worth it in the end
Old Sep 1st 2008, 6:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Icarus
fe*k mate , wahhaa you guys are getting ready . it will be worth it in the end
Thanks Scott,
Yeah I hope so mate - think the Mrs will explode before the end of it - there's always hope I guess!!
Old Sep 1st 2008, 6:30 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Scott,
Yeah I hope so mate - think the Mrs will explode before the end of it - there's always hope I guess!!
have faith dude have faith

Old Sep 1st 2008, 6:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Old Sep 1st 2008, 6:35 pm
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
Bustards!

Let's hope there is some announcement tomorrow about stamp duty
I agree SC.

They need to do something. It's such a stagnant market at the moment.

yeah ? what they gonna do ? fe*ck off ?

he's a strange one that Darling guy

Alistair Darling

http://images.wikia.com/muppet/images/0/02/Sam02.jpg

Sam The Eagle

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/a...28_369208a.jpg

Originally Posted by Fly Away
As I just said, try and get a bidding war going with Saturday's lot - that's how we got an OK price in the end by playing one against the other.
It's worth a shot.

Hi Chaps and chapesses
Can see this being a mad and hectic month.... Trying to exchange on sale - buyers are being so bloody picky (or at least their solicitor is), they send questions etc to ours who seemingly sends it on to us without even reading it - questions that we have already answered or ones that only solicitor can find out (ie searches etc)
I know I shouldn't as we have sold and I know how many others feel who haven't so sorry!!! Think the national average price drop is something like 10% we have dropped 25% which still makes me
Rant over and thankyou!!
Dtp
EAs and solicitors are total pia's, DTP. I think they make things harder for everyone to try and justify their huge bills.

26 September OMG - at least it will be quick though.

On form tonight, S.
Old Sep 1st 2008, 6:37 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

I agree SC.

It's worth a shot.

EAs and solicitors are total pia's, DTP. I think they make things harder for everyone to try and justify their huge bills.

On form tonight, S.
I've had a cornish pasty for tea
Old Sep 1st 2008, 6:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Chaps and chapesses
Rant over and thankyou!!
Dtp
Bloody buyers! Ours won't complete and yours want to complete pdq. To be honest, I can't see them doing so that quickly - might be wrong though...

We dropped ours by 30% DTP - it hurts eh?
Old Sep 1st 2008, 6:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

I agree SC.

It's worth a shot.

On form tonight, S.
dont forget pain in the ass buyers!!!
Old Sep 1st 2008, 6:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Bloody buyers! Ours won't complete and yours want to complete pdq. To be honest, I can't see them doing so that quickly - might be wrong though...

We dropped ours by 30% DTP - it hurts eh?
It does Nic like a sword in the heart

Apparently they are completing theirs on 5th and moving into a 1 bed flat ( friend of a friend or something) and want to be in asap
Typical it all comes at once when we could do with a nice cruisey 2 month exchange
Old Sep 1st 2008, 7:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

It does Nic like a sword in the heart

Apparently they are completing theirs on 5th and moving into a 1 bed flat ( friend of a friend or something) and want to be in asap
Typical it all comes at once when we could do with a nice cruisey 2 month exchange
Can you ask if the flat is free and move in there!

Only half joking here...

TBH if their solicitor is asking bloody stupid questins, it might go on a lot longer than they think. Have they got their mortgage offer yet???
Old Sep 1st 2008, 7:06 pm
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

I've had a cornish pasty for tea
Ah, that explains it. Home made or shop bought?

dont forget pain in the ass buyers!!!
Oh yeah, how the hell could I forget them.
Old Sep 1st 2008, 7:08 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Ah, that explains it. Home made or shop bought?

home made .... yeah right
Old Sep 1st 2008, 7:36 pm
aka bunja

home made .... yeah right

I make my own. There's nothing better.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.