Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller (The Continuation)

Whinging Pom House seller (The Continuation)

Old Jun 3rd 2008, 1:17 pm
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller (The Continuation)

Originally Posted by Icarus
lol ... i chicken out & edited !
PMSL.....too late....I'd already quoted you.....ha ha ha
Beth x x
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 1:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
Beth x x
Can't quite see Sawyer with cardboard sideburns can you Beth?
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 3:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
Beth x x
PMSL - couldn't believe what I was reading then...
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 4:12 pm
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Fly Away
What did I miss?
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 4:14 pm
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

PMSL.........LOL
Beth x x
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 5:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

seat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to all

Back to houses, we have now had 4 out of 4..

4 appointments and 4 no shows
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 6:01 pm
Forum Regular

Stokesy has a spectacular aura aboutStokesy has a spectacular aura aboutStokesy has a spectacular aura about
Smile Re: Whinging Pom House seller (The Continuation)

Hi fellow whingers

Just wondered if there were many ex-whingers out there who have actually sold who could offer some hope to the rest of us? Who has sold after an eternity? What did it take?

I've been 10 weeks, 4 viewings and now on second agent. No offers. Reduced price 5k. It's in Brighton. Real bummer forking out for that HIP crap if can't sell the blasted thing. Grrrrrrrr.

Good luck everyone

Sarah:curse:
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 6:08 pm

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Just thought I would give you my latest update. We have just reduced again by another 45k, that now brings it to a reduction of 120k. If it doesn't sell now it won't in this market but we will not reduce anymore and will put up for rent on 1st July. We are now priced so low for this house and can't understand it not selling. They have told us there are hardly any buyers out there.

I know we are impulsive but I can't see the point of leaving it any longer with the flights booked.
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by seat151

How bloody rude are some people. Are you sure it isn't the agents making up some viewers, has been heard of before

Originally Posted by Stokesy
Hi fellow whingers

Just wondered if there were many ex-whingers out there who have actually sold who could offer some hope to the rest of us? Who has sold after an eternity? What did it take?

I've been 10 weeks, 4 viewings and now on second agent. No offers. Reduced price 5k. It's in Brighton. Real bummer forking out for that HIP crap if can't sell the blasted thing. Grrrrrrrr.

Good luck everyone

Hi Sarah - There have been lots that have sold and waited a long time to do it too. There are still some not sold after more than a year too :curse:

Last edited by nickywes; Jun 3rd 2008 at 6:16 pm.
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 6:13 pm
Forum Regular

Stokesy has a spectacular aura aboutStokesy has a spectacular aura aboutStokesy has a spectacular aura about

Good luck Nicky. Thought about reducing mine again but agent reckons won't make any diffrence as no one looking and those that are, half of them can't get the finances or are stuck in chain themselves.

Brave thing to do, renting out and leaving the country. depends on your situation i suppose, if you could afford to pay the rent if you had no tenant. but if they aren't buying, folks gotta be living somewhere so mayeb rental market is good at the mo.

Sarah
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 6:22 pm

Good luck Nicky. Thought about reducing mine again but agent reckons won't make any diffrence as no one looking and those that are, half of them can't get the finances or are stuck in chain themselves.

Brave thing to do, renting out and leaving the country. depends on your situation i suppose, if you could afford to pay the rent if you had no tenant. but if they aren't buying, folks gotta be living somewhere so mayeb rental market is good at the mo.

Sarah
I actually agree with the agent because if you keep an eye on rightmove or places like that you can see that it is the same houses on there and none of them with under offer or sold.

I am extremely nervous about renting it out which is why I want to start looking for a tenant soon to rent out in October. At least we will know the situation before we go. We have been told that the rental market is pretty good at the moment so will see.
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 6:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nickywes
What did I miss?
Look at Beth's post where she quotes Ic.

BARSTEWARDS!!! :curse:

We've had a few of those too... Fingers crossed the next one turns up!

Hi fellow whingers

Good luck everyone

Hi Sarah,

Well, I've been on the thread since last summer. In that time, most people have sold. However, the market is now so bad that those of us that are left and the new sellers are having trouble. I think 2 or three have completed in this time and 4 or 5 have offers.

Originally Posted by nickywes
Just thought I would give you my latest update. We have just reduced again by another 45k, that now brings it to a reduction of 120k. If it doesn't sell now it won't in this market but we will not reduce anymore and will put up for rent on 1st July. We are now priced so low for this house and can't understand it not selling. They have told us there are hardly any buyers out there.

Blimey £120k - I know it's no comfort, but we have had lots of interest since we cut the price drastically. Hopefully it will work for you too. People will buy if they think they are getting a bargain. Trouble is, HOW much of a bargain do they want???

Good luck Nicky - I hope this works.

I know we are impulsive but I can't see the point of leaving it any longer with the flights booked.
At least you can rent and ride the crash out - as soon as you know for definate you will feel better. Sending yu a huge ((((((((((((((((hug)))))))))))))))) as I know it's gutting. We've completely downsized our house buying expectations in Oz and probably can't buy a business now. *sigh* So I know how you feel.
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 6:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

seat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to all

we have another appointment for Wednesday evening. If they are a no show then I will be questioning the EA
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 6:39 pm

Look at Beth's post where she quotes Ic.

Will go back and have another look

At least you can rent and ride the crash out - as soon as you know for definate you will feel better. Sending yu a huge ((((((((((((((((hug)))))))))))))))) as I know it's gutting. We've completely downsized our house buying expectations in Oz and probably can't buy a business now. *sigh* So I know how you feel.
I know you are in the same position with the reduction and it is not really that that is bothering me but the not knowing exactly what is going to happen. I need to know that we can get a tenant and once that is sorted I will be happy.

I don't want to buy a bloody house in Oz As for a business, you can keep that too. I want to be a checkout girl and OH a pizza delivery driver and then sit on the sand for the evening with a bottle of wine The sinple life is so appealing now

we have another appointment for Wednesday evening. If they are a no show then I will be questioning the EA
More cleaning, will keep my fingers crossed for you. Have you got a St. Joe yet?
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 6:47 pm

Look at Beth's post where she quotes Ic.(
Oh my god I've seen it, ha ha that it was quoted quickly. Well done Beth

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.