Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller (The Continuation)

Whinging Pom House seller (The Continuation)

Old Jun 25th 2008, 8:59 am
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller (The Continuation)

Originally Posted by Angib
Hey all

Well thought i'd updae you all. Had an offer last week from a cah buyer - even share same solicitor firm so knew they were genuine. They were looking to buy a house for their Son wo had been hit by a car and recieved significant compensation. They came out on several occassions and even had me take ysterday off work for the Occupational Therapist to measure up for equipment the child needs. However ( there is always a however) 30mins before the OT was due out they withdrew the offer, apparently the trustee does not feel that buying a house is not in the childs best interest. So gutted, a really could see the end in sight. Back to square one except Queensland Health have been bck in touch this am pushing for approximate dates and firmining up plans agh!!!

So glad for those of you with viewers as this market is jut so depressing - hate listening to the news just now as its always so bloody negative!!!
Angi
Sorry to hear that but fingers crossed you do get another offer soon

Originally Posted by Sammy T
Hi everyone

Humble apologies for not having time to catch up with a weeks worth of posts, although much quieter on here lately, I'd like to think thats because everyone has sold?

Hope that you are all OK and having some luck

Will try and catch up properly soon when I have more time and faster internet connection, using mobile connection on the laptop, very sloooow!

Sam
If you came over to the the other place sammy you would be 70 by the time you could catch up

Hi

Angie - So sorry to hear about your buyer, you never know they might reconsider. Keeping my fingers crossed you have some good news soon

Nicky - Excited and nervous, calm and nauseous, hyper and knackered - all the time

We fly in 2 days time so what hasn't been done by then will just have to wait!

How's everyone, any news for Tina and FA on their sales, anyone else had an offer?

Sam
Hi again, Our buyer tried to get us to drop our price last week and we wouldn't so sale fell through but then EA has managed to get him to meet us in the middle, not happy with it but in this market beggers can't be choosy can they. So just waiting for exchange just gunna call solictor to find out when they can push if for then we are off to Adelaide

I'm soooo excited for you 2 days been through all that stress together and I'm so pleased you are just a few days away from you dream

Originally Posted by debbieuk
hi all

not been on in a while ...

well we had a veiwing last week FTB and as always they oohed and aahed and then told EA that they were interested but needed to discuss finances.

so i thought same old same old and not gave it another thought (by the way 1st veiwer since sale fell through in march) so you could have blown me down with a feather when they PUT A BLOODY OFFER IN

it is low...lower than we sold for in march...but it is enough for flights/shipping and deposit down under so we ACCEPTED

now have to wait and see if we will exchange

good luck to all those still waiting...i have seen a few more sold signs going up

debbie

Great news on the offer hope all goes smoothly

Good luck everyone just off to ring my solicitor
Old Jun 25th 2008, 9:42 am
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angib
Hey all

Well thought i'd updae you all. Had an offer last week from a cah buyer - even share same solicitor firm so knew they were genuine. They were looking to buy a house for their Son wo had been hit by a car and recieved significant compensation. They came out on several occassions and even had me take ysterday off work for the Occupational Therapist to measure up for equipment the child needs. However ( there is always a however) 30mins before the OT was due out they withdrew the offer, apparently the trustee does not feel that buying a house is not in the childs best interest. So gutted, a really could see the end in sight. Back to square one except Queensland Health have been bck in touch this am pushing for approximate dates and firmining up plans agh!!!

So glad for those of you with viewers as this market is jut so depressing - hate listening to the news just now as its always so bloody negative!!!
Angi
Oh, what rotten luck Angie. Like everyone else says don't give up. There's a buyer out there for all of us.

Originally Posted by mOZzy
awwww big hugs coming your way ((((angie))))

i think this is even worse when someone offers and then pulls out - gets all your hopes up and then you are down on the wet floor again

but as nic said: don't give up!!!! we all get through this together
I agree, Mozzy. But we will all get through this.

hi all

well we had a veiwing last week FTB and as always they oohed and aahed and then told EA that they were interested but needed to discuss finances.

so i thought same old same old and not gave it another thought (by the way 1st veiwer since sale fell through in march) so you could have blown me down with a feather when they PUT A BLOODY OFFER IN

it is low...lower than we sold for in march...but it is enough for flights/shipping and deposit down under so we ACCEPTED

good luck to all those still waiting...i have seen a few more sold signs going up

debbie
Brilliant news, Debbie. Congratulations. Let's hope it all goes smoothly for you.

Originally Posted by Tableland
Thing is that many people have been on the market for 18 months so putting it up last year might not have worked at all, and you would have had this stress for 18 months instead, etc.
I agree, Tableland.

We have had two viewings in two days. Both liked the place but need to sell theirs. But it's better than having no viewings at all. It makes you feel more positive.

My neighbour works for a large bank in their mortgage sector and he said to me that there is money available for mortgages but as so many people are listening to the news they're not coming in and getting mortgage quotes. They just believe they won't get a mortgage.

The power of the media eh.
Old Jun 25th 2008, 10:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Tableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Off2Oz
Oh, what rotten luck Angie. Like everyone else says don't give up. There's a buyer out there for all of us.

I agree, Mozzy. But we will all get through this.

Brilliant news, Debbie. Congratulations. Let's hope it all goes smoothly for you.

I agree, Tableland.

We have had two viewings in two days. Both liked the place but need to sell theirs. But it's better than having no viewings at all. It makes you feel more positive.

My neighbour works for a large bank in their mortgage sector and he said to me that there is money available for mortgages but as so many people are listening to the news they're not coming in and getting mortgage quotes. They just believe they won't get a mortgage.

It is really good that you have had viewers. Let's face it, if your property can attract people in this market, then it obviously has something going for it.
Old Jun 25th 2008, 10:15 am
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

It is really good that you have had viewers. Let's face it, if your property can attract people in this market, then it obviously has something going for it.
Thank you. I just need to sell it now.
Old Jun 25th 2008, 10:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Nicky - Excited and nervous, calm and nauseous, hyper and knackered - all the time::

How's everyone, any news for Tina and FA on their sales, anyone else had an offer?

Sam
SAMMY!!! 2 days! EEEEEEK!!! Good luck hun, so happy for you! Didn't realise it was so soon. you have to come on as soon as you get internet and tell us all about it!

My sale has just started going through - he's a cash buyer so exchange should be quick..... the other people who offered have told us they are still keen to buy if he pulls out. Can't belive we had 2 offers at the same time - how mad is that?

hi all

so i thought same old same old and not gave it another thought (by the way 1st veiwer since sale fell through in march) so you could have blown me down with a feather when they PUT A BLOODY OFFER IN:

now have to wait and see if we will exchange :

debbie
Great news Debbie - I am so pleased for you as I know you were so depressed about it all. I hope that things are starting to move now - people have to move house, so houses should still sell.....

Originally Posted by steveandtina

If you came over to the the other place sammy you would be 70 by the time you could catch up

Too true!!!

Hi again, Our buyer tried to get us to drop our price last week and we wouldn't so sale fell through but then EA has managed to get him to meet us in the middle, not happy with it but in this market beggers can't be choosy can they. So just waiting for exchange just gunna call solictor to find out when they can push if for then we are off to Adelaide

I'm soooo excited for you 2 days been through all that stress together and I'm so pleased you are just a few days away from you dream

Good luck everyone just off to ring my solicitor:
Good luck with the solicitor!!! Fingers crossed it's good news. When are you thinking of moving out???

Oh, what rotten luck Angie. Like everyone else says don't give up. There's a buyer out there for all of us.:

It does seem to be moving a bit now, so keep the faith.

I agree, Mozzy. But we will all get through this.:

Brilliant news, Debbie. Congratulations. Let's hope it all goes smoothly for you.:

I agree, Tableland.

The media caused most of this crisis anyway. :curse: As they say, good news doesn't sell papers.

Whose going to Canada btw.....
Old Jun 25th 2008, 11:38 am
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Fly Away
SAMMY!!! 2 days! EEEEEEK!!! Good luck hun, so happy for you! Didn't realise it was so soon. you have to come on as soon as you get internet and tell us all about it!

My sale has just started going through - he's a cash buyer so exchange should be quick..... the other people who offered have told us they are still keen to buy if he pulls out. Can't belive we had 2 offers at the same time - how mad is that?

Great news Debbie - I am so pleased for you as I know you were so depressed about it all. I hope that things are starting to move now - people have to move house, so houses should still sell.....

Good luck with the solicitor!!! Fingers crossed it's good news. When are you thinking of moving out???

Solicitor said there is no reason why we can't exchange soon she just needs the papers back she sent them weeks ago:curse:

Just looked at flights and have some on hold til Monday to fly out on 6th Aug so hope to exchange by monday

All getting close now please st Joe do your stuff

The media caused most of this crisis anyway. :curse: As they say, good news doesn't sell papers.

Whose going to Canada btw.....
Don't know have I missed something...again
Old Jun 25th 2008, 11:39 am
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

Hi All.... Just an update on our viewing last night. They arrived 10 mins early, lovely couple & seemed very interesting in our house
They had looked at 6 on our estate & commented that ours was bigger & in a better location than the others.
Apparently they have been looking at ours for while but hadn't sold theirs so didn't want to view till they had sold.
One of our neightbours mentioned last week that they had seen a couple taking photo's of our house & that she was expecting a baby. The couple who came last night were expecting so I presume its the same couple. Sounds promising but who knows what gonna happen. Fingers crossed its good news. They said they would make an offer when the survey on their house has come back ok (hopefully by the end of the week!).
This is definatley more stressful than waiting for the visa, I feel physically sick waiting.
Goodluck to everyone selling & hope we all get more viewers soon
Old Jun 25th 2008, 12:13 pm
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Our EA has just rang.

The buyers have been in touch and have a couple of issues they would like to put to us.

Apparently the survey has come back and a couple of things need looking at roof, floor, wall ties and damp proof.

Funny this was never mentioned two weeks ago when we were told by their financial advisor via the EA that the full amount had been offered by the lender.

The buyer says as not to slow things down we can complete in 2 weeks if we reduce by 2k so they can do the checks when they have moved in.

OR

We can drag it out a bit longer while they get people round to inspect the "problems"

So if we go for the first option I get to pay for the checks woop de do.

As we are not in so much of a rush at the minute we can wait for them to pay.

Why is everything so difficult?

Good luck Tawkins on the viewing hope it turns out as you hope
Old Jun 25th 2008, 12:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Flutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud of

Wardy

Can you ask for a copy of the survey to see what it actually says if they expect you to hand over £2k for it?

We all know some of the things that are mentioned in surveys and are barely worth thinking about, our survey when we bought our house mentioned wall ties but I think this is standard surveyor covering their back.

f
Old Jun 25th 2008, 12:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by tawkins1
Hi All.... Just an update on our viewing last night. They arrived 10 mins early, lovely couple & seemed very interesting in our house
They had looked at 6 on our estate & commented that ours was bigger & in a better location than the others.
Apparently they have been looking at ours for while but hadn't sold theirs so didn't want to view till they had sold.
One of our neightbours mentioned last week that they had seen a couple taking photo's of our house & that she was expecting a baby. The couple who came last night were expecting so I presume its the same couple. Sounds promising but who knows what gonna happen. Fingers crossed its good news. They said they would make an offer when the survey on their house has come back ok (hopefully by the end of the week!).
This is definatley more stressful than waiting for the visa, I feel physically sick waiting.

WOO HOO that sounds good fingers crossed

Originally Posted by wardy2
Our EA has just rang.

The buyers have been in touch and have a couple of issues they would like to put to us.

Apparently the survey has come back and a couple of things need looking at roof, floor, wall ties and damp proof.

Funny this was never mentioned two weeks ago when we were told by their financial advisor via the EA that the full amount had been offered by the lender.

The buyer says as not to slow things down we can complete in 2 weeks if we reduce by 2k so they can do the checks when they have moved in.

OR

We can drag it out a bit longer while they get people round to inspect the "problems"

Souds like blackmail these buyers want everything, but good idea about seeing a copy of survey
Old Jun 25th 2008, 12:51 pm
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Funnily enough the EA has asked for a copy, but its not materialised yet

When the EA spoke to their financial advisor there was no mention of a retention and the bank has offered full amount so its obviously not causing them concern as to not pay out the cash.

The house has been fully modernised and checks were done on floor and damp proof.

We had a wall tie issue when we bought our flat many moons ago but they held money back until the work was completed.

Personally I think they are trying to pull a fast one after all £2k will get you some nice carpet.
Old Jun 25th 2008, 1:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Flutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud of

They probably are trying it on, very cheeky of them to ask for money off without you seeing the report though.
Old Jun 25th 2008, 2:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Funnily enough the EA has asked for a copy, but its not materialised yet

When the EA spoke to their financial advisor there was no mention of a retention and the bank has offered full amount so its obviously not causing them concern as to not pay out the cash.

The house has been fully modernised and checks were done on floor and damp proof.

We had a wall tie issue when we bought our flat many moons ago but they held money back until the work was completed.

Personally I think they are trying to pull a fast one after all £2k will get you some nice carpet.
Mentioning roof and wall ties is standard. These things deteriorate with time so will incur repair costs eventually. Don't give them anything until you have seen exactly what the report says- ask your solicitor to ask their solicitor for the details.
Caroline
Old Jun 25th 2008, 3:20 pm
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Hi

Angie - So sorry to hear about your buyer, you never know they might reconsider. Keeping my fingers crossed you have some good news soon

Nicky - Excited and nervous, calm and nauseous, hyper and knackered - all the time

Sam
Sam, I am excited for you. God knows what I will be like when it comes to it I see Tina and FA have answered about their sales.

hi all

debbie
Congratulations Debbie, so pleased for you

Thing is that many people have been on the market for 18 months so putting it up last year might not have worked at all, and you would have had this stress for 18 months instead, etc.
I do agree but I think it has got worse now

There is no doubt that the market is slow but I agree, the media have a lot to answer for :curse: We have had 4 viewings lately, 2 not even on the market and 2 not sold. Fed up with it now and don't want them unless they have at least got interest in their own house.

Yes, I agree but what they have said to us when viewing is that they want to see what they can get for their money. I think timewasters.

Originally Posted by tawkins1
Really hope they offer now, will keep fingers crossed and it does sound promising xx

Our EA has just rang.

OR

What an absolute load of bo**ox:curse: Good for you waiting for them
Are they likely to pull out though?
Old Jun 25th 2008, 4:14 pm
aka DORIS

Originally Posted by nickywes

What an absolute load of bo**ox:curse: Good for you waiting for them
Are they likely to pull out though?
do you know what nicky I am at the point where I don't care...how bads that when I know how bad the market is

Definitely want to see that report though, they have already cost us the price of validating because they couldn't complete on their original deadline of the beginning of May. :curse:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.