Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller (The Continuation)

Whinging Pom House seller (The Continuation)

Old Jun 16th 2008, 9:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller (The Continuation)

Morning all.

Originally Posted by nickywes
Must admit I would have trouble doing it too and would feel really bad but it would only be a couple of days and there would be no real solicitors or surveyor costs in that time so............just a thought really, rather than lose 40k.
It's a killer because they are a nice family and if the PB doesn't come through they are good buyers. Just don't want to be as bad everyone else seems to be in this game. Karma comes around you know.... Having said that, I'd stick it to the good for nothing rotten EA who tried to stich us up any time!:curse:

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
five hours aint what I call short!!- did that last year only from Perth to Sydney (via short stop in Uluru) -made me realise just how big Oz is.
Caroline:
We flew Perth to Cairns once - that's quite a trek!

Originally Posted by mOZzy
that's more like it - chatty and positive

cool campervan - and what an experience for her!!!!

O2O wow, very adventurous!!!!!! i bet that was one kind of an experience! - how did you end up there?!?!?

Sounds amazing - we were booked to go to Peru trekking - Matchupitu (sp) etc when I got PG with my DD - had to cancel as altitude sickness can cause miscarriage. Our friends went and said it was amazing. Too damn old and tired now....

and i just realised you are only over in reading :

FA your eventual buyer sounds very promising!!!!!
let's hope he'll get this offer in soon soon soon

Thanks Moz - we have the offer, just waiting for them to get the OK with the money....

we are still decluttering
took the kids out today since it's rather nice here .. still is ::
although they are driving me mad - more every day!!!
we need to do something about these early wakenings
Have you got blackout curtains? They really help with kids waking up early.

Originally Posted by Off2Oz
I know I would have trouble doing it as well. I agree if it was just for a couple of days it might be worth it.

We'll play it by ear and see what happens in the next few days...

It's shorter than UK to Perth.

True!

I agree Oz is huge. We saw a map that had the UK, Japan and Germany (I think) placed inside Perth and there was still room.

Hi Mozzy,

We did a safari all around Serengeti and we could have the option to go up Mt Kilimanjaro at the end of the safari, so we thought, what a fantastic experience.

It was the most exhausting holiday of my entire life but the best holiday of my entire life. Just seeing the animals in their natural habitat was extraordinary and put me off ever going to a zoo again.

Can't wait until the kids are old enough and we're going to take them again.

Yep, we're in Reading. Earley in actual fact. My BIL lives in Bracknell. Birchill in fact. Is that near you?
Sounds a fabulous experience - Africa isn't too far from Oz.... have to give that serious thought when we've got over being bankrupted in this housing crash....

:curse: are they ever going to fix this site?!?!?!?:

It doesn't seem like it.:curse:

Oh to be that young again with the opportunities they have now. In my day (sounding really really old) Australia was not an option for a holiday or backpacking.

I'm not much younger than you and when we went it was unheard of - but it was quite cheap for us as we stayed with my extended family who are spread out up the East coast.

Young kids are such hard work but they grow up so quickly and then it is gone. My kids wouldn't dream of coming out for a day, not cool at all Well they don't mind if it is a day's shopping with my money :

Lots of selling luck for everyone this week :
Morning Nicky - have those people booked to view yet?????

Originally Posted by Off2Oz
We planned this around the kids. We knew that it was probably going to be the last hols before kids so we decided to go out with a bang Funnily enough we were torn between going to Oz and a safari - obviously the safari won. Funny how life turns out.

Don't ever rule it out - it was a fantastic holiday and I have extremely fantastic memories of it. Not to mention all the pictures on the wall I have. The elephant deciding she didn't like us and deciding to charge at us was a brilliant picture.:

Yes post the picture!!

I know, it's a bloody nightmare. It takes forever to post a reply.

Adventure holidays nowadays sound quite simple to achieve but only a few years ago there quite difficult achieve. Modern lifestyles eh.

It's a shame really as some places are getting spoilt.

Young kids are the most difficult but the most rewarding, IMO. OH took my two to the park today and they loved it. In fact it's the only thing about living here I'll miss. We live very close to a nature reserve. So we have an excellent park, lake, huge playing field and loads of natural wildlife. Not enough to make me want to stay however.

Good luck to all this week. Let's hope it's a goodun.:
Good luck this week J - I really hope you get some viewings now you have dropped again.

morning
Not as early this morning Moz -are you feeling better? I slept til 7am - when the alarm went off - result!

Originally Posted by stevenglish
Morning Steve - you're cheerful!

Well, sorry I didn't come back last might. After PB, had to get ready and take DD to a party, didn't get home until 8pm and then had to bath her and get dinner. Fell asleep on sofa at 9.30pm... What an exciting life eh? But at least I got some sleep.

Good luck to everyone this week. Lovely weather, let's hope it brings the buyers out.
Old Jun 16th 2008, 10:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Tableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
five hours aint what I call short!!- did that last year only from Perth to Sydney (via short stop in Uluru) -made me realise just how big Oz is.
Caroline
Perth to Sydney is shorter than London to Moscow. In fact, London to Syria is only about 20 miles further than Perth to Sydney.
Old Jun 16th 2008, 10:28 am
BE Enthusiast

mOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Tableland
Perth to Sydney is shorter than London to Moscow. In fact, London to Syria is only about 20 miles further than Perth to Sydney.
i am not going to moscow that often either - but thanks for the info

FA i just can't sleep! - we do have curtains and everything. i guess we were just lucky so far that dd couldn't get out of bed alone - now she can! even with the sidebar raised

we've been busy cleaning and tidying all morning - yep, oh has to help - a few things left for later. have to pick dd up now and need a rest too
Old Jun 16th 2008, 11:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dan the Plumber
I'm Bacccccckkkkkk!!!!!
4.57am posting this - do you think I might have jetlag??? Well I must say this is terribly depressing to come home especially to the house selling shit.
While we were away we had a viewer who had seen the house twice before wanted to come round......viewer rings M.I.L to book them in for a Tuesday...she said NO (!!!) sorry she cant (WTF????) Agent rings me on Friday to re-book them in for Sat. I say yeah of course and ring In law to say what time. She winges as she is working , what will she do with the dog and she'll have to clean the house (seriously!!! the house was spotless and she lives next door!!!) After all this agent rings at 11 am to say cancel the 12 viewing as they have put an offer in elsewhere:curse::curse:
.....Now if she could just have let them in on Tuesday we might have sold!!!
Can't beleive it bloody woman....
Anyway Perth was Fab loved it to death! Gotta go son is giving me gip!!
See you later
Dtp
Good to hear you had a fab time in Perth, sorry to hear the MIL.
Hope you get some more viewers soon

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Sounds like you had a good day. It's good to forget for a while. I am trying to get out more and not think about it. Sitting in your clean house waiting for viewers is a killer.

Well the PB has been and gone. Making plans for what he was going to do with the house. (Good sign) Partial success with my plan - which was to say we would have to accept the other offer but would be prepared to drop them if he could raise the money. He says the bank have said yes verbally and he is waiting for it in writing - he is buying it through his business. Once again he says he will call this coming week to confirm. Back to hedging the other offer now.... until about Thursday I think, then we will have to accept it.
Sounds really hopeful, Nic, keeping those fingers crossed still for you

Feel a bit of an imposter on here but still want to know how everyone is getting on and keeping my fingers and toes (all right, then not the toes, that would be too weird) crossed for some good buyers soon

Sam
Old Jun 16th 2008, 11:46 am
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

morning
Afternoon Mozzy. I will try and scan the picture in and post it on here. It was done with a good old fashioned camera, not digital I'm afraid.

Morning all.

It's a killer because they are a nice family and if the PB doesn't come through they are good buyers. Just don't want to be as bad everyone else seems to be in this game. Karma comes around you know.... Having said that, I'd stick it to the good for nothing rotten EA who tried to stich us up any time!

We'd all like to to stick to our EAs.

We flew Perth to Cairns once - that's quite a trek!

Have you got blackout curtains? They really help with kids waking up early.

Sounds a fabulous experience - Africa isn't too far from Oz.... have to give that serious thought when we've got over being bankrupted in this housing crash....

It certainly was fab. I'd love to go again but the kids need to be a bit older first to appreciate it more.

I'd love to go to Machu Picchu - it's in my top 10 to visit.

It doesn't seem like it.

Morning Nicky - have those people booked to view yet?????

Good luck this week J - I really hope you get some viewings now you have dropped again.

Cheers, FA. No news as yet. Maybe just too busy fielding all the calls for viewings and they haven't had a chance to come back to me yet.

Not as early this morning Moz -are you feeling better? I slept til 7am - when the alarm went off - result!

Morning Steve - you're cheerful!

Well, sorry I didn't come back last might. After PB, had to get ready and take DD to a party, didn't get home until 8pm and then had to bath her and get dinner. Fell asleep on sofa at 9.30pm... What an exciting life eh? But at least I got some sleep.

Good luck to everyone this week. Lovely weather, let's hope it brings the buyers out.
It's rather cloudy here today but still bright. Good luck to you too N.

Originally Posted by Sammy T
Good to hear you had a fab time in Perth, sorry to hear the MIL.
Hope you get some more viewers soon

Sounds really hopeful, Nic, keeping those fingers crossed still for you

Feel a bit of an imposter on here but still want to know how everyone is getting on and keeping my fingers and toes (all right, then not the toes, that would be too weird) crossed for some good buyers soon

Sam
You can still be in our club Sam. It's nice that you still are here to support everyone.
Old Jun 16th 2008, 12:38 pm
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Morning all

Had EA on the phone at half nine this morning to give us the feedback (they are very good at keeping us informed) and the family loved it and went straight home to get on the phone to their mortgage broker about finance. That is all very well but they haven't got their house up for sale yet
Apparently the man said to the EA that they know it is their market but I said no it isn't if they haven't sold. Sounds like an offer will come in but a lower one and we will just say that when they have sold we will consider an offer.
We are only going to reduce by another 10k on an offer anyway as that will then be 130k from valuation. If they don't want it we are going to rent anyway
Old Jun 16th 2008, 1:03 pm

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Morning all

Had EA on the phone at half nine this morning to give us the feedback (they are very good at keeping us informed) and the family loved it and went straight home to get on the phone to their mortgage broker about finance. That is all very well but they haven't got their house up for sale yet
Apparently the man said to the EA that they know it is their market but I said no it isn't if they haven't sold. Sounds like an offer will come in but a lower one and we will just say that when they have sold we will consider an offer.
We are only going to reduce by another 10k on an offer anyway as that will then be 130k from valuation. If they don't want it we are going to rent anyway
Update........

The first viewers with the new EA about 3 weeks ago just rang to put in an offer.........550k

Are they having a laugh, that is 200k lower than the valuation, WTF
EA told them that it was unrealistic but he wanted to put it to us anyway, which EA did. Paul just laughed and I am bloody amazed and angry by some people's cheek - but if you don't try I suppose you will never know. We are not that desperate

Anyway, EA rang him and said no way and buyer said he is off on holiday and will contact again on the 30th June with another offer EA told him not to bother unless it is close to asking price now because of the reduction we have already made.

We will not even consider anything below 620k and that will be a bargain for them. We are sort of resigned to renting it out anyway and in some ways I would rather do that now than give it away.
Old Jun 16th 2008, 1:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

OMFGGGGGG!!!!! What a cheek Nicky. that's the trouble when you reduce, people still make silly offers. We had one for £620 and our house was on for £800!!!! Your offer was more than 10% too - cheeky gits. Hopefully they will think while they are away and come back with a sensible offer.

Thanks Ozo and Mozzy and Sam for your good wishes and support - can't quote your posts as multiqute isn't working again..... sammy - you have to keep chatting, you keep us sane.
Old Jun 16th 2008, 1:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Tableland
Perth to Sydney is shorter than London to Moscow.
As the crow flies London to Moscow is around 800Km less than Perth to Sydney. Flying time is around 1 hour less.
Old Jun 16th 2008, 1:21 pm

OMFGGGGGG!!!!! What a cheek Nicky. that's the trouble when you reduce, people still make silly offers. We had one for £620 and our house was on for £800!!!! Your offer was more than 10% too - cheeky gits. Hopefully they will think while they are away and come back with a sensible offer.

Thanks Ozo and Mozzy and Sam for your good wishes and support - can't quote your posts as multiqute isn't working again..... sammy - you have to keep chatting, you keep us sane.
At least we are getting something to consider now, even if it is for all of 30 seconds I actually don't think that they are the buyers as they have only seen the house once, so I think more opportunist than anything.

What is going on with this site? It goes to reply and then just hangs until I refresh the page and then I don't know if it has gone through.

Stay with us Sam, at least it gives us hope that we may all sell eventually

Hi to Mozzy and O2O
Old Jun 16th 2008, 1:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

At least we are getting something to consider now, even if it is for all of 30 seconds I actually don't think that they are the buyers as they have only seen the house once, so I think more opportunist than anything.

What is going on with this site? It goes to reply and then just hangs until I refresh the page and then I don't know if it has gone through.

Hi to Mozzy and O2O
I hope this happens for you, but we found that once we had one offer, that the interest picked up and we had a few more. Admittedly crap offers, but it was like the bad luck had been broken. Your EA can now say that you have had an offer which you turned down, so people will know your house is desirable and that you won't take low offers... Plus if you are clear that if it doesnt sell you will rent, no body can hold you over a barrel. The same as we said we would validate rather than sell at a silly price.

I hope some of your other viewers start coming back to you now - it does take a while sometimes as they view other properties etc.
Old Jun 16th 2008, 1:42 pm

I hope this happens for you, but we found that once we had one offer, that the interest picked up and we had a few more. Admittedly crap offers, but it was like the bad luck had been broken. Your EA can now say that you have had an offer which you turned down, so people will know your house is desirable and that you won't take low offers... Plus if you are clear that if it doesnt sell you will rent, no body can hold you over a barrel. The same as we said we would validate rather than sell at a silly price.

I hope some of your other viewers start coming back to you now - it does take a while sometimes as they view other properties etc.
Thanks N - The trouble is the interest comes when you have reduced to rock bottom and they know that it is a bargain. There is nothing else to compare with this in the area so if the buyers are there, they should buy. Same situation with your house too.

We got offered more with Nat. Homebuyers and I thought that was ridiculous What happens to the people that are having to sell for financial reasons (not to emigrate), wouldn't like to be in their position.

Are your buyers OK to hold on for a few more days?
Old Jun 16th 2008, 2:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thanks N - The trouble is the interest comes when you have reduced to rock bottom and they know that it is a bargain. There is nothing else to compare with this in the area so if the buyers are there, they should buy. Same situation with your house too.

We got offered more with Nat. Homebuyers and I thought that was ridiculous What happens to the people that are having to sell for financial reasons (not to emigrate), wouldn't like to be in their position.

I know - we had to reduce to below market value to get them in the door.:curse:

I told you about my friend didn't I who has to sell up - they are in negative equity now as they took a second mortgage to do work on the house and then she lost her job. They make me feel like I am in a good position.

Don't know about the buyers... EA said she would put them on hold - they haven't been in touch and I'm not contacting them. They haven't found anything else as of last Friday and they would get an amazing bargain, so hopefully they will wait 2-4 days. Fingers crossed. if they can't we will have to accept and stall. We haven't given the EA the new sols details so that is a good delay - we are still looking for someone.
Old Jun 16th 2008, 3:30 pm
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Morning all

We are only going to reduce by another 10k on an offer anyway as that will then be 130k from valuation. If they don't want it we are going to rent anyway.
Sounds promising Nicky. Let's hope that they can be in a proceedable position very quickly.

Update........

The first viewers with the new EA about 3 weeks ago just rang to put in an offer.........550k

Are they having a laugh, that is 200k lower than the valuation, WTF
EA told them that it was unrealistic but he wanted to put it to us anyway, which EA did. Paul just laughed and I am bloody amazed and angry by some people's cheek - but if you don't try I suppose you will never know. We are not that desperate

Anyway, EA rang him and said no way and buyer said he is off on holiday and will contact again on the 30th June with another offer. EA told him not to bother unless it is close to asking price now because of the reduction we have already made.

We will not even consider anything below 620k and that will be a bargain for them. We are sort of resigned to renting it out anyway and in some ways I would rather do that now than give it away.
The cheek of some people. But suppose if you don't ask, you don't get. They may come back on the 30th with a much better offer.

At least we are getting something to consider now, even if it is for all of 30 seconds. I actually don't think that they are the buyers as they have only seen the house once, so I think more opportunist than anything.

Hi to Mozzy and O2O
Like you say, at least you're getting something through. It might be the start of good things.

We got offered more with Nat. Homebuyers and I thought that was ridiculous. What happens to the people that are having to sell for financial reasons (not to emigrate), wouldn't like to be in their position.

I really feel for those people who need to sell for financial reasons. It's a really tough time out there and for those that are in the proverbial then it must be quite terrifying.

I know - we had to reduce to below market value to get them in the door.

I told you about my friend didn't I who has to sell up - they are in negative equity now as they took a second mortgage to do work on the house and then she lost her job. They make me feel like I am in a good position.

Don't know about the buyers... EA said she would put them on hold - they haven't been in touch and I'm not contacting them. They haven't found anything else as of last Friday and they would get an amazing bargain, so hopefully they will wait 2-4 days. Fingers crossed. if they can't we will have to accept and stall. We haven't given the EA the new sols details so that is a good delay - we are still looking for someone.
It's true Nic, there are always people who are worse off than yourselves. Let's face it, there are people that would give their right arm to be in our position. I.e. even having a house in the first place and not being in negative equity.

Let's hope the PB let's you sooner rather than later.
Old Jun 16th 2008, 4:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

suart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to all

Nicky OMG what the hell is going on, I cannot believe what some people will do to get a bargain. Fingers crossed they come back and put a decent offer in

Fly I hope the PB comes this week and gives you the news you have been waiting for. Fingers crossed for you

Well still no news from me, but I have recieved my St Joe today and have just burried it in the back garden, so fingers crossed If I say the pray for 9 days he will bring me some good luck!!!!!!!
Oh and just found out that my friends have booked there flights for the 14 August, Im so jellous. Oh well I get there one day.

Good luck everyone

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.