Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

What was your biggest misconception about Australia?

What was your biggest misconception about Australia?

Old Jul 25th 2010, 7:30 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What was your biggest misconception about Australia?

can we get back to the thing please - never noticed it before

oeeer a naked mod aint a good thing is it
Old Jul 25th 2010, 7:50 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter

There is some definite 'dangle action' taking place there.
Old Jul 25th 2010, 8:19 am

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
There is some definite 'dangle action' taking place there.
You mean naked AND transvestite

You sure it's not a Brazilian
Old Jul 25th 2010, 8:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rainydaze
Mine was my ridiculous first impresson of Sydney...I went home extolling the virtures of its impressive transport infrastructure That's because I was a tourist in the CBD, amazed by how everthing came together at Circular Quay (ferries, trains, monorail () and not - as I am now - one of the suburban plebs stuck in commuter gridlock every day
I had no idea that the suburbs were what they were. I managed to live in Australia for a year and manage to be oblivious to them...

Originally Posted by fish.01
The more bogan the place....
Demographics is the most important thing IMHO. Get it wrong and life can be hell. People probably do get slimmer nearer the coast culminating with people fitter than me who actually get in the water.

Originally Posted by Pollyana
You soon get used to putting your coat on when you go INDOORS.
Not so much in Melbourne but I remember that in Sydney!

One of the things that surprised me here though is that all those people you see walking aren't actually going anywhere. They walk round the streets for hours, but if you suggest they actually walk to the shops most look horrified.
Whats wrong with combining the two? I walk to the shops, I walk to work, but I cannot see the point of walking round the streets for the sake of it Combine it with something useful like carrying shopping home
As you know, I often combine the two.

Explanation though for the above, the whole point about recreation is to bimble...as soon as work is involved people want it over faster and expediency becomes a factor. I can see that point of view.
Old Jul 25th 2010, 8:28 am
Account Closed

You mean naked AND transvestite

You sure it's not a Brazilian
I think Moneypenny's cat is a lady boy.
Old Jul 25th 2010, 8:30 am

I think Moneypenny's cat is a lady boy.

She'll be pleased to hear that then
Old Jul 25th 2010, 9:16 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thank your lucky stars its Moneypenny thats in that state, not me ëek:
Old Jul 25th 2010, 9:19 am

Thank your lucky stars its Moneypenny thats in that state, not me ëek:
I believe you lost weight mate? Maybe your avatar should be a witch in a bikini
Old Jul 25th 2010, 9:21 am
Account Closed

Works for me !!

Old Jul 25th 2010, 9:25 am

shittin hell Polly, the liquid diet's workin
Old Jul 25th 2010, 9:28 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Person best qualified to give you an opinion on that is Bernie and I can hear him laughing his socks off from 12,000 miles away Even after losing weight I wouldn't inflict that on anyone

I love a man with a good imagination.......easy to see you've never met me
Old Jul 25th 2010, 9:28 am
Home and Happy

shittin hell Polly, the liquid diet's workin
Its working, but not THAT much
Old Jul 25th 2010, 9:30 am
Account Closed

Its working, but not THAT much
flight school seems to be doing the trick though

Old Jul 25th 2010, 11:33 am

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

that the supermarkets aren't Tesco i mean it say coles & woolworths??
Old Jul 25th 2010, 11:56 am
Home and Happy

flight school seems to be doing the trick though

http://www.guzer.com/pictures/real-witch.jpg
Are you stalking me?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.