Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Well that went well....

Well that went well....

Old Feb 25th 2007, 4:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Scrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Well that went well....

I really feel for you and this is something that I have been thinking alot about lately, especially since we might be folllowing your footsteps.

They must have had the thought that it could happen, especially since you still had your visa?

My mum said the other day to my daughter that we would probably wait until our son leaves school before deciding. Unfortunately for us that would be too late. I'm sure that she knows deep down what we are thinking about doing.

Hard thing to do,isn't it?
Old Feb 25th 2007, 4:40 am

RooksieJ is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by curly
did they think they were just coming to lunch? or do you think they suspected something?
they had an idea mate because ive dropped loads of hints but i think the FOR SALE board gave it away!!!
Old Feb 25th 2007, 4:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Scrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Well RooksieJ, today I came 'THAT' close to saying bugger it - lets do it
I was chatting to the OH about it all and the words were on the tip of my tongue! It's just, just ...................
Old Feb 25th 2007, 4:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RooksieJ
they had an idea mate because ive dropped loads of hints but i think the FOR SALE board gave it away!!!
PMSL
might have had something to do with it
Old Feb 25th 2007, 5:15 am
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

LOL
You're doing it the same way as us!
I haven't told my parents yet. Dad is being treated for prostate cancer so waiting until it's finished and he gets the all clear.
Old Feb 25th 2007, 5:31 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Oh i am so dreading this conversation with my mother! I will be the devil incarnate, the most selffish person ever to have walked this earth. And i will fail miserably just like she told me everyother time i done something she didnt like the sound of! I didnt fail then and i will not fail now but hey wont stop her losing the plot!!
Old Feb 25th 2007, 5:45 am
so far so good

want2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to behold

excuse me now if theres any typo's but i too have had a few
my mum called today for the first time in about 2weeks and havent seen her and dad for about 3 weeks. anyway it transpires that shes been keeping her distance so it gets her used to it when we go to aus i mean we wont be going for at least another 3-4 months got house to sell so told her she should be getting as much of kiddies as possible but of course it was up to her. dont know whats happened to me but in the past few months but i've become quite a tough cookie.
pass the bottle.........hic hic
tracey x
Old Feb 25th 2007, 6:00 am
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

My mum and dad dont talk about it, im sure they dont think we will go through with it. Ive been talking about moving to Oz for as long as I remember even from when I was little so youd have thought they would have come round to the idea by now. I do feel really guilty about taking their only grandson away from them, but at the end of the day we see em for about an hour a week and we have to do what is best for us. Still doesnt make it any easier though.

Really hope it all works out for you this time. At least you will be more prepared.

Ive started on the wine too.

Hic

Hugs

Joex
Old Feb 25th 2007, 6:23 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

i had to down 3 bottles of wine before they came round so not only do they think im a bad mother for taking girls to australia YET AGAIN, they also think im a wino
Sorry Rooksie, but pmsl at that one . Seriously though, it's gotta be tought for them but I agree with your attitude that your family is who's under your roof and you've got to put them and yourself first.

Hope the hangover's not too brutal
Old Feb 25th 2007, 7:30 am
Running on the spot.

rugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to behold

Hey Guys
Rugbymad is out so I have got the comp all to myself!!!!
Just read your thread!You know you are doing the right thing,don't you!
Makes you feel like shit though doesn't it!On a selfish note woohoo we can finish where we left off in the RSL!!!!except this time i'm gonna get you drunk as you will not be with child!lol
Keep your chin up. speak soon
Mrs Rugbymad
Old Feb 25th 2007, 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by Scrawni 2
Well RooksieJ, today I came 'THAT' close to saying bugger it - lets do it
I was chatting to the OH about it all and the words were on the tip of my tongue! It's just, just ...................
listen mate you just got to go for it. i cant wait to get back now. like the advert says, ...............COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Feb 25th 2007, 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by rugbymad
Hey Guys
Rugbymad is out so I have got the comp all to myself!!!!
Just read your thread!You know you are doing the right thing,don't you!
Makes you feel like shit though doesn't it!On a selfish note woohoo we can finish where we left off in the RSL!!!!except this time i'm gonna get you drunk as you will not be with child!lol
Keep your chin up. speak soon
Mrs Rugbymad
looking forward to it mate!!!!!!!!!
Old Feb 25th 2007, 8:42 pm

thanks for all your replies. ive told them now so a weight has been lifted. ive got todo whats right for MY family and on that note, nappy change!!!!!
Old Feb 25th 2007, 9:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

i had to down 3 bottles of wine before they came round so not only do they think im a bad mother for taking girls to australia YET AGAIN, they also think im a wino
They'd be right wouldn't they?
Old Feb 25th 2007, 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by marco121068
They'd be right wouldn't they?
i dont think anyone living in adelaide is in a posiotion to call me a wino mate!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.