Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Well that went well....

Wikiposts

Well that went well....

Old Feb 25th 2007, 9:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Well that went well....

Originally Posted by RooksieJ
i dont think anyone living in adelaide is in a posiotion to call me a wino mate!!!!
OK - can't argue with that I suppose.
Old Feb 25th 2007, 9:19 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

i had to down 3 bottles of wine before they came round so not only do they think im a bad mother for taking girls to australia YET AGAIN, they also think im a wino
Only 3? How very restrained!
Old Feb 25th 2007, 9:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Phoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to behold

So glad I don't have this problem - neither of my parents could give a rats arse

Nevertheless I do feel for those who have family that do - so good luck
Old Feb 27th 2007, 9:46 pm

RooksieJ is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by phoenix_uk
So glad I don't have this problem - neither of my parents could give a rats arse

well their loss mate
Old Feb 27th 2007, 9:54 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

You're brave Rooksie! Well done.

I know you've said that you will consider the people under your roof to be 'family' now. But how do you stop worrying about the ones that don't? Will some bugger please tell me how the heck to switch off from feeling responsible for the ones left behind please!
Old Feb 27th 2007, 9:56 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TraceyW
You're brave Rooksie! Well done.

I know you've said that you will consider the people under your roof to be 'family' now. But how do you stop worrying about the ones that don't? Will some bugger please tell me how the heck to switch off from feeling responsible for the ones left behind please!
OOOHHH I'd love to know the answer to that one too, and I have'nt even left yet!!! C x
Old Feb 27th 2007, 9:58 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shiels
OOOHHH I'd love to know the answer to that one too, and I have'nt even left yet!!! C x

It's a pain in the arse having a conscience!!
Old Feb 27th 2007, 10:31 pm
forever hopeful

louise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond repute

i am really not looking forward to telling my parents that we will probably be doing the ping pong bit, it will break thier hearts.

But saying that, i hope that they can look at it as something possitive for the kids, won't stop me feeling like shite though
Old Feb 28th 2007, 6:56 am
Just Joined

joandken is an unknown quantity at this point

When we told the MIL we were thinking of going she got really upset and nearly cried, she said her grandson wont know who they are. I am dreading telling her we are actually going. Nightmare.

When I told my nan and grandad, my nan said it would be like loosing a limb. OMG.

Although they will all be very very sad to see us go they all know we are doing it for the best for our family. We will see them again just not so often. I think I will probably speak to people on the phone much more than I do now.

Good luck everyone
Old Feb 28th 2007, 10:35 am
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

hiya hun
just read your post,glad to hear your heading back mate,never mind your parents its your family that really matters and should come first
When do you think you ll be back out here,and where are you heading this time

tracey
Old Feb 28th 2007, 2:00 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

you know what a poster on here a few days ago said to me that she considered her family to be the ones living under her roof. i have so taken that on board and from now on im doing whats right for the people who live under the same roof as me.
Does that mean you're going to start being nice to Jed
Old Feb 28th 2007, 5:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

hello stranger,how ya doing

Originally Posted by fraser
Does that mean you're going to start being nice to Jed
Old Feb 28th 2007, 5:32 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Good thanks, you?
Old Feb 28th 2007, 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by TraceyW
It's a pain in the arse having a conscience!!
i feel as the my whole life has been a bloody guilt trip well NO MORE i say!!!
Old Feb 28th 2007, 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by scissors
hiya hun
just read your post,glad to hear your heading back mate,never mind your parents its your family that really matters and should come first
When do you think you ll be back out here,and where are you heading this time

tracey
soon as the house sells mate i think it will still be queensland because Jed has got licence n stuff but not sure whether SC, GC or brisbane

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.