30.43%
I believe in fairy tales - Jezza
56.52%
Some other talking head/no hoper
13.04%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

UK election poll

Old Jun 10th 2017, 8:27 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK election poll

Originally Posted by Beoz
Sadly, May assumed a large majority of people out there have half a brain in their head. Unfortunately for Britain, its just a majority of people who understand the challenge for all, rather than the me me me.

Onwards and upwards, we have seen in the past common sense bills get through parliament regardless of the seating arrangements. Idiot bills fail.

Most of Labours policies are suicide, but they do have one which is rather appealing. Allowing staff and customers to take ownership. Like John Lewis and Nationwide. This gives the me me me the opportunity to take some ownership, learn a bit of risk and reward, help them understand its not all about the take take take.
Take, take, take? Give me a break.

Here is the distribution of wealth in the UK. The wealthiest 1% of households hold about 20% of household wealth, the top 5% of hold approximately 40%, and the top 10% hold over 50% of wealth.

Now, who is taking exactly?
Old Jun 10th 2017, 9:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
Take, take, take? Give me a break.

Here is the distribution of wealth in the UK. The wealthiest 1% of households hold about 20% of household wealth, the top 5% of hold approximately 40%, and the top 10% hold over 50% of wealth.

Now, who is taking exactly?
And the top 2% pay 26% of tax. Remind me, who are the takers?

Lefties are so easy to shoot down.
Old Jun 10th 2017, 11:27 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

I'd play poker with May any day Arrogant and none too bright, was great to see her get a blood nose.
Old Jun 11th 2017, 3:10 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

And the top 2% pay 26% of tax. Remind me, who are the takers?

Lefties are so easy to shoot down.

I don't know who the lefties may be that you refer to nor what that has to do with anything, but here is one of those "takers".

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...rty-inequality

And, because those tax figures you offer deserve a closer look, try this:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-10353982.html

The poorest fifth of the country pay the largest proportion of their income to tax - because, in part, income tax is only one of our taxes.

Last edited by Lion in Winter; Jun 11th 2017 at 3:18 am.
Old Jun 11th 2017, 7:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Sadly, May assumed a large majority of people out there have half a brain in their head. Unfortunately for Britain, its just a majority of people who understand the challenge for all, rather than the me me me.

Onwards and upwards, we have seen in the past common sense bills get through parliament regardless of the seating arrangements. Idiot bills fail.

Most of Labours policies are suicide, but they do have one which is rather appealing. Allowing staff and customers to take ownership. Like John Lewis and Nationwide. This gives the me me me the opportunity to take some ownership, learn a bit of risk and reward, help them understand its not all about the take take take.
Breathtaking arrogance, condescension and patronisation all in a few jingoistic paragraphs.
Old Jun 11th 2017, 8:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

The Tories are the ones that just twice needlessly played power me me me games and caused absolute chaos. Looks like they will pay the ultimate price for their own selfish greedy power play.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Jun 11th 2017 at 8:08 am.
Old Jun 11th 2017, 8:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
The Tories are the ones that just twice needlessly played power me me me games and caused absolute chaos. Looks like they will pay the ultimate price for their own selfish greedy power play.
Correct and how wanting tax cuts for people already well off and keeping immigrants out from the English country garden is not completely about me, me, me is beyond me.

(Now that the DUP is going to be able to call the shots on a lot of things or they will not give their 10 votes to May) - headline in an Irish paper yesterday:

'ORANGE IS THE NEW BLUE'
Old Jun 11th 2017, 9:02 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

So Tory voters have no interest in what's in it for them? You're funny
Old Jun 11th 2017, 12:00 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrken30
I always thought there was something between May and Trump. Does this sound familiar?
Anti gay
Anti abortion
Denies climate change
Anti immigrants
Protectionists

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...uld-know-about
So, the DUP are more right-wing than the Conservatives? Are against gay marriage? Are climate sceptics? Are super patriotic towards Britain and believe totally in the Union?

Where do I sign up?

Anyone who can move the UK government from its current centre-left position towards the right is doing the country and its people a favour

Get stuck in Proddy boys!
Old Jun 11th 2017, 8:24 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Amazulu
So, the DUP are more right-wing than the Conservatives? Are against gay marriage? Are climate sceptics? Are super patriotic towards Britain and believe totally in the Union?

Where do I sign up?

Anyone who can move the UK government from its current centre-left position towards the right is doing the country and its people a favour

Yes, increased polarizing is exactly what the UK needs
Old Jun 11th 2017, 10:23 pm
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Rational, argued, positions that deal with the facts and logically sustainable consequent positions should be a prerequisite of standing. How else can you reach agreement and deal with the real issues?

If you can't reach that standard, you shouldn't be standing.

The DUP is loonytoons, always has been. To date they haven't mattered, just one aspect of the screwed up mess known as northern ireland. May, in her desire to claw on to power that she lost, has made them relevant - and sunlight should hopefully burn them, and the other sectarian groups in NI, away.
Old Jun 11th 2017, 10:26 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Yes, that's what Corbyn would bring to the party
Old Jun 12th 2017, 5:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu

Where do I sign up?

Except the country has just moved substantially to the Left. Plus once more youngsters get the idea they really can change things, then that trend will continue to grow.

Corbyn for now has actually become an unwitting champion of the middle ground. Bet he never envisaged that when he started politics.
Old Jun 12th 2017, 7:33 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

He makes a good point :

Old Jun 12th 2017, 11:50 am
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Except the country has just moved substantially to the Left. Plus once more youngsters get the idea they really can change things, then that trend will continue to grow.

Corbyn for now has actually become an unwitting champion of the middle ground. Bet he never envisaged that when he started politics.
Rubbish. The left and right are polarised - yes, Labour increased their share of the vote but so did the Conservatives. Corbyn may be the flavour of the month but he didn't win and has just led Labour to their 3rd election defeat in a row

Young people don't know shit - the snowflakes will vote for whoever is trendy or promises them the most. Sure, they may have got free uni for a few years under Labour - until the country runs out of money (again) and all the wealthy people who have had their money confiscated by the government and have left. At that point it's Maggie Thatcher time all over again

Be careful what you wish for champ

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.