I believe in fairy tales - Jezza
56.52%
Some other talking head/no hoper
13.04%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

UK election poll

Old Jun 13th 2017, 3:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK election poll

She just sacked half her cabinet apparently.
Old Jun 13th 2017, 6:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OzTennis
You've obviously studied at Donald Trump University judging by the prevarication and tosh you come up with. Did you or did you not give the impression that the well off are paying too much income tax?

Do you honestly believe the well off and Tories are not motivated by self interest and the not so well off and non-Tories are? i.e. self interest is laudable in some but not in others.
If you calmed down for a minute and looked at things objectively you would see that the Tories have a sweeping collection of policies that benefit most in society. That's called fairness my friend.

On the other hand Corbyn only has policies that benefit select groups. Public servants and students were the prime beneficiaries in his current policies.

He intentionally excludes those he deems as well off or even middle of the road.

That's not fair, that's just discriminatory, and you voted for that. Well done.
Old Jun 13th 2017, 7:06 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
She just sacked half her cabinet apparently.
Strong and stable
Old Jun 13th 2017, 10:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
If you calmed down for a minute and looked at things objectively you would see that the Tories have a sweeping collection of policies that benefit most in society. That's called fairness my friend.

On the other hand Corbyn only has policies that benefit select groups. Public servants and students were the prime beneficiaries in his current policies.

He intentionally excludes those he deems as well off or even middle of the road.

Twas the middle of the road that voted for him though.... Despite reports to the contrary. See results of Ashcroft poll....

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7786056.html

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Jun 13th 2017 at 10:53 pm.
Old Jun 14th 2017, 3:12 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

... you would see that the Tories have a sweeping collection of policies that benefit those with the most in society.
FTFY
Old Jun 14th 2017, 3:35 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GarryP
FTFY
You've really got to stop altering posters quotes dude - it's wrong and against BE site rule 18. You're heading to get your ass banned
Old Jun 14th 2017, 3:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

How about that ?

Can't believe the Tories have got into bed with total Shi..te magnets, The Orange Order, they had better never mention Corbyn 25 years previous and the Sinn Féin with a straight face again. In fact the ultimate outcome of those talks back then was getting Mcguinness and Paisley talking to each other to the point they actually became friends, So only positive came out of those.

Even the Irish dont want NI with it's inherent problems and certainly most of the UK doesn't. The real culprit is the Orange Order and their bleeding 450 year old marches. The Tories have just signed their death notice with this.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Jun 14th 2017 at 4:01 am.
Old Jun 14th 2017, 3:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Twas the middle of the road that voted for him though.... Despite reports to the contrary. See results of Ashcroft poll....

Election 2017: Labour won 50% of vote to Conservatives' 30% from 35 to 44-year-olds, poll suggests | The Independent
Youth and students have no money therefore aren't middle of the road.
Old Jun 14th 2017, 3:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Youth and students have no money therefore aren't middle of the road.
Did you even look at the article, it says that 50 pct of 35 to 45 year olds voted Labour with a massive swing back from their usual position. Those 35 to 45 years olds are 100 pct typical middle England.

Canterbury lost to Labour after 100 years and Kensington and Chelsea the richest electorate in the Country for the first time ever.
Old Jun 14th 2017, 5:17 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Even the Irish dont want NI with it's inherent problems and certainly most of the UK doesn't. The real culprit is the Orange Order and their bleeding 450 year old marches. The Tories have just signed their death notice with this.
More revisionist history nonsense. You need to read about your nation's history and how it was saved from King James II during the Glorious revolution. Your nation created the situation in NI - nobody else. The Orange Order are patriotic Britons living in a democracy with, alleged, freedom of expression. Sure, they are no saints and are the cause of some tension but democracy is never perfect

If Corbyn was to ever try and get become PM, he would have to get into bed with commie asshats like the UK Greens - who make the Australian Greens look like fascists. Different strokes again. DUP look pretty good to me - patriotic and have some great policies like opposition to gay marriage and are against the man-made global warming myth

Democracy at work - warts and all
Old Jun 14th 2017, 6:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Did you even look at the article, it says that 50 pct of 35 to 45 year olds voted Labour with a massive swing back from their usual position. Those 35 to 45 years olds are 100 pct typical middle England.

Canterbury lost to Labour after 100 years and Kensington and Chelsea the richest electorate in the Country for the first time ever.
Maybe they didn't like the Tories policy on pensions. You know, the affect on same elderly people and soon to be retired people who vote for the Tories in droves. At least the Tories are playing fair, rather than gifting idle promises to their traditional supporter base. Hardly a me me me policy I am sure you will agree.
Old Jun 14th 2017, 7:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

I have more than 'half a brain' and know what fairness is and the difference between positive and negative discrimination is. You are trying to make out that the Tories did so pathetically and lost absolute power because of public servants and students.

I'll tell you what fair isn't - it's public sector pay rising at barely 1% whilst inflation yesterday was revealed to be 2.9% whilst at the same time executive pay rises at double digit rates. Now you can dress that as fair if you wish or say that those vital workers who are losing real purchasing power are just about me, me, me (and executives aren't) but that would be a warped distortion.
Old Jun 14th 2017, 8:09 am
Proudly Deplorable

I have more than 'half a brain' and know what fairness is and the difference between positive and negative discrimination is. You are trying to make out that the Tories did so pathetically and lost absolute power because of public servants and students.

I'll tell you what fair isn't - it's public sector pay rising at barely 1% whilst inflation yesterday was revealed to be 2.9% whilst at the same time executive pay rises at double digit rates. Now you can dress that as fair if you wish or say that those vital workers who are losing real purchasing power are just about me, me, me (and executives aren't) but that would be a warped distortion.
Why should you and I have a say in what executives of companies that we are not shareholders of are paid?

Surely that is a matter for the people who own the company ie the shareholders?

UK government total debt is way north of GBP1 trillion - which is why the people who work for them are only getting 1%. Get that debt under control, sack a shitload of them and then they can have an inflation matching pay rise. Easy peasy Japanesy
Old Jun 14th 2017, 8:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

How resentful. True colours are coming out again.

Get another job if it doesn't suit you rather than resenting the others. That's the free market my friend. The ball is in your court. Stop blaming and resenting others.

Here's an idea, If enough of you walk, the free market will have to cough up. That's how it works.
Old Jun 14th 2017, 8:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Why should you and I have a say in what executives of companies that we are not shareholders of are paid?

Surely that is a matter for the people who own the company ie the shareholders?

UK government total debt is way north of GBP1 trillion - which is why the people who work for them are only getting 1%. Get that debt under control, sack a shitload of them and then they can have an inflation matching pay rise. Easy peasy Japanesy
The discussion is about fairness. I was making the point that the public sector workers are losing real purchasing power because of government austerity. It's why they lost votes and it's for them to take it on board. If the Tories thought like you and it's just a matter of sack a lot of them or shut up about your declining purchasing power then they will lose the next election for sure and that's probably going to be within a year.

A lot of people would be happy to see corporations and higher paid individuals pay more taxes if that's needed to reduce the national debt or to spend less on some things if that's necessary. Top rates on income tax have fallen from 83% to 40% and corporation tax has fallen by more than 20%. There is a possibility of an upside on that. Indirect taxes however just keep rising and rising.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.