I believe in fairy tales - Jezza
56.52%
Some other talking head/no hoper
13.04%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

UK election poll

Old Jun 1st 2017, 12:42 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default UK election poll

So who's gonna get the gig for the next 5 years?
Old Jun 1st 2017, 1:22 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK election poll

I doubt she'll last 5 years. She'll oversee some disastrous Brexit negotiations then be out shortly thereafter.
Old Jun 1st 2017, 3:37 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Best answer is probably a hung parliament.

No matter what, they need to bring in someone external with a clue to oversee EU negotiations (none of them seem capable of managing a wet paper bag).

As such you put that to one side and instead need some way of controlling and limiting the outright stupid evil of the tories. At the same time Corbyn is off the reservation, and the lib isn't much better. So hung; so that nobody has control, is probably the best of a bad job.

And in the meantime, they need to clear the whole useless shower out by the next election, or earlier.
Old Jun 1st 2017, 6:28 am
BE Forum Addict

JoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond repute

May will win, and probably with a reasonable majority, but I'm crossing every finger and toe possible that Uncle Jezza somehow nicks it
Old Jun 1st 2017, 7:16 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

I think it'll be May, but Jezza gave an excellent account of himself in the last debate and I reckon he swung afew fence sitters. This is going to be closer than the predicted landslide I think. I wouldn't put it past May to lose on purpose haha
Old Jun 1st 2017, 7:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

April - snap election called well before it was due, Tories with 24 point lead in polls, Labour in disarray, Corbyn a joke, easy peasy.

Today - 3 point lead in latest polls, May doesn't attend the BBC leaders debate last night and sends Rudd in her place. May is making it close all by herself with U turns, wooden performances, repeating phrases ad infinitum (what's the weather like Theresa? 'Strong and stable, we provide strong and stable weather and we will oversee strong and stable Brexit negotiations'..........)

It was inconceivable with Corbyn leading Labour but it is at least panning out to be a much, much, closer contest than thought a few months ago.
Old Jun 1st 2017, 8:11 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OzTennis
April - snap election called well before it was due, Tories with 24 point lead in polls, Labour in disarray, Corbyn a joke, easy peasy.

Today - 3 point lead in latest polls, May doesn't attend the BBC leaders debate last night and sends Rudd in her place. May is making it close all by herself with U turns, wooden performances, repeating phrases ad infinitum (what's the weather like Theresa? 'Strong and stable, we provide strong and stable weather and we will oversee strong and stable Brexit negotiations'..........)

It was inconceivable with Corbyn leading Labour but it is at least panning out to be a much, much, closer contest than thought a few months ago.

One poll has them with a 3 point lead but the Telegraph's poll of polls is at over 10 points. As we know, polls have been pretty wrong of late and the betting market is a better indication - I think you'll find they show a very different story

Hope this helps
Old Jun 2nd 2017, 7:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu

One poll has them with a 3 point lead but the Telegraph's poll of polls is at over 10 points. As we know, polls have been pretty wrong of late and the betting market is a better indication - I think you'll find they show a very different story

Hope this helps
But their lead IN THE POLLS was well over 20% when the election was called. The gap has narrowed markedly whichever poll you look at. Corbyn is also the preferred choice of leader in London in a newly released poll.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a7766941.html

The Tories will win the election but they are not going to get the majority they thought they'd get when taking the country to the polls earlier than necessary.

Last edited by OzTennis; Jun 2nd 2017 at 7:34 am.
Old Jun 2nd 2017, 8:39 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
So who's gonna get the gig for the next 5 years?
I'll tell you on 9 June.
Old Jun 3rd 2017, 11:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

London seems to love Corbyn, I'm surprised how well he is doing.
Old Jun 4th 2017, 4:15 am
Proudly Deplorable

Don't worry Britain, Jeremy will keep you safe
Old Jun 4th 2017, 5:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Labour has increased it's hold on London.

https://yougov.co.uk/news/2017/06/01...-33-labour-50/

In fact it's going to be far far closer than anyone imagined by the latest polls.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7770651.html

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Jun 4th 2017 at 6:16 am.
Old Jun 7th 2017, 10:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Labour has increased it's hold on London.

https://yougov.co.uk/news/2017/06/01...-33-labour-50/

In fact it's going to be far far closer than anyone imagined by the latest polls.

Labour ahead of Conservatives in unadjusted poll of voters | The Independent
I can only also wonder whether all the remainers will vote for Jezza and a lot of the yoof who did not bother turning out in the referendum.
Old Jun 7th 2017, 11:38 am
Proudly Deplorable

Don't worry souties, Jeremy Corbyn's old shag, Diane Abbott could be your next home secretary
Old Jun 7th 2017, 12:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
I can only also wonder whether all the remainers will vote for Jezza and a lot of the yoof who did not bother turning out in the referendum.
Isn't that why Labour say they'll remove uni fees? to bring out the yoof vote?
Who is going to pay for it?
They say they'll upgrade benefits - so that's another load of votes.
They say they'll keep the triple lock - so they hope us oldies will vote for them ,but most of us have more than one brain cell and hopefully can see through this.
The biggest problem is that , naturally, a lot of voters only think "what's in it for me?" and are not interested in the wider, longer term implications.
One of the major potential problems is - Who is going to pick our veggies??? Currently the vast majority of workers are from the EU - OK we may issue short term work permits after Brexit, but can you see those work shy benefits folks getting up a 3.00am to be bussed to Lincolnshire to pick cabbage all day? That's why the fields are full of EU and a lot of illegals as Brits won't do the jobs.
I'm not sure what the answers are but I'm certain it's not what Labour think they are , based on the current crop of politicians! Rant over.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.